T Nation

Rush Limbaugh Arrested

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic//stories//A//APNEWSALERT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2005-09-12-14-52-18

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

9 Dec 1993 "If [Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders] wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them."

5 Oct 1995 "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

WTF?

NEW YORK (AP) -- Former major league pitcher Steve Howe has died in a one-vehicle accident in Coachella, Calif.

dirty harry,

Let's flesh out the Rush Limbaugh story a little:

from your favorite cnn.com:

"Jury awards spanked employee $500K
Alarm company says it was part of a team-building exercise"

Hope that helps!!!

JeffR

Now that's not true at all.

They could've arrested you, toughguy.

Now it says:

AP Bulletin

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Texans have signed North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft.

Fine, here it is from FauxNews:

Kinda amusing how he didn't "get arrested", he "turned himself in."

Did he not turn himself in?

Hey jerffy, you're not gonna get all depressed when he picks up a new bitch in prison, are you?

He'll be thinking of you the whole time, promise. Go ahead and kill yourself anyway just to like, you know, express your devotion and all. Maybe when he hears about that and can't face life without your mouth he'll hang himself with a prison bedsheet or something. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

After three years all the scumbags could do to him was one charge and they will dismiss it of he continues treatment.

I hope the DA rots in hell for such a miscarraige of justice, and waste of taxpayer dollars.

I just saw that. Rather than show a picture of him in uniform the site I saw showed a picture of him in handcuffs.

New newsmedia is full of vultures.

Unfortunately our system is loaded with politically motivated prosecutions.

I don't have much sympathy for Rush because he is a big fat tool but there is no question that the DA went after him to build a reputation.

He took a page right out of Ronnie Earl's book. I think that the DA should have to compensate the district for any protracted investigation that results in anything less than a conviction of the original charges.

I am not a ditto head either, but my God, after 3 years you'd think a prsecuter worth his salt would come up with something.

Sadly - Howe probably spent more time in handcuffs than he did in Dodger Blue. He was a cokehead from the get-go.

His family deserves better.

Agreed.

Even the threads Harris starts are simply a rip on someone else. Imagine the stuff his students have to put up with! He teaches by demeaning them and using humiliation tactics, which, to me, is NEVER a viable teaching technique.

Here's a hint Harris: If you teach children as if they are animals, they grow up to be animals.

Not a dittohead either -- haven't listened to him in years, actually, and even previously it was more for entertainment value.

But here's how I read a lawyer describe this whole thing:

"Not guilty, no admission of guilt. He was processed voluntarily. The prosecutor did not bring the case to a jury and in 18 months the charge (doctor shopping) is dropped. The prosecutor has made a charge. It will not be tried. In 18 months it will be dropped."

If you feel that was a waste I would like you to weigh in on the ten and ten of millions of dollars that were wasted going after Clenis...

Had Limbaugh taken this plea from the very beginning he could have personally saved tax payers and himself lots of money.

Food for thought.