Rush Does a 180

OK, I wasn’t 100% sure if this was a new show today or a “best of.” Anyway:

In the past, Rush has said numerous times that Iraq was linked with 9/11. He even described the war with Iraq as being “revenge” for 9/11.

Well, on today’s show he said just the opposite. He claimed that Iraq was in no one linked to 9/11 and that it was not revenge.

This is one of the most blatent 180’s I have heard Rush do.

That is quite curious. I wonder what is going on in that pill-popping mind of his?

Now if Hannity follows suit I will realize that this isn’t really happening, but that am indeed in the Twilight Zone!

It’s preparation for supporting an election stance?

Now that we are already in there we don’t have to dupe the populace into believing the link, we have to dupe them into believing that such a link was never important anyway.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Now that we are already in there we don’t have to dupe the populace into believing the link, we have to dupe them into believing that such a link was never important anyway.[/quote]

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. That’s what he was trying to say.

I hope poeple don’t sit and lsiten to Rush and assume that everything is true. Rush is notorious for using flawed logic and contracting himslef.

(Of course, I think the same of Michael Moore. I hope people don’t sit and watch Fahrenheit 9/11 and belive that everything is true.)

Are you surprised by this? Limbaugh has been telling half-truths ever since he’s been on the air. I wonder how he sleeps at night.

Bullseye! Vroom, you hit the nail on the head!

Perhaps Limbaugh was inconsistent – I wouldn’t know, as I rarely listen to him. But I wouldn’t ascribe an electoral stance in general to him, at least to the extent it will be by implication linked to Bush. I don’t think vroom meant that, but I’m not sure how some will take it.

Last I knew, Rush wasn’t setting forth the electoral strategy for the Republican party, nor were his (various?) positions endorsed by the Republican Party or the Bush campaign. Now, as to Terry McCauliffe, chair of the Democratic National Committee, and Michael Moore, we have another story altogether…

BB, have you been smoking some wacky tobacky today? Nice spin attempt by the way…

Exactly. It’s kind of like ‘sour grapes’ on the part of Team Bush.

“We didn’t really care about those stupid WMDs after all!”

[quote]vroom wrote:
BB, have you been smoking some wacky tobacky today? Nice spin attempt by the way…[/quote]

No, not at all. I’m simply pointing out that Limbaugh only speaks for himself. HOwever, if you look above, it seems Lumpy thinks otherwise, which is what I was anticipating.

BTW, I’ve never partaken of the wacky tobaccy - my preferred vices are martinis and cigars. =-)