T Nation

Running very high Doses of Test

I’m about to run a cycle fairly soon, and the first eight weeks I know exactly what I’m running. I’m either going to cruise for a month then blast again for another eight weeks or run 16 weeks straight. The most test I’ve ever run was 2g a week. I’m considering running double that, but I wanted to hear from anyone whose run a very high dose like that what their experience was, would you do it again? How long was it for, we’re the gains worth it? How did the sides compare to a lower dose. Did you stack it with anything else? If so what and how much? Any real world useful information would be greatly appreciated.

Where are you gonna pin?

what are your goals?
2gs is A LOT.
If your experienced why not do a test/tren/deca cycle. you’ll get the most out of that

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:
I’m about to run a cycle fairly soon, and the first eight weeks I know exactly what I’m running. I’m either going to cruise for a month then blast again for another eight weeks or run 16 weeks straight. The most test I’ve ever run was 2g a week. I’m considering running double that, but I wanted to hear from anyone whose run a very high dose like that what their experience was, would you do it again? How long was it for, we’re the gains worth it? How did the sides compare to a lower dose. Did you stack it with anything else? If so what and how much? Any real world useful information would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Weight, height, age, cycle history. 4g of test is goddamn high, I don’t think it has any more benefits than 2g,

[quote]anime wrote:
Where are you gonna pin?[/quote]

Everywhere!

To the above posters, OP is an experienced AAS-user I think he knows what hes doing.

MG, I have run up to 2.4g of Test, I would advice run as high dose as possible where sides become unbearable. Everyone has different levels of tolerance but in general more Test will mean more gains.

SB

[quote]acsmith wrote:
what are your goals?
2gs is A LOT.
If your experienced why not do a test/tren/deca cycle. you’ll get the most out of that[/quote]

I’ve run test tren deca before, but only low test, I can’t take high tren high test. My goal with this is to add as much weight as possible since after this run I’m going to take an extended break from gear.

do a log of what that PCT is gonna be like. pretty rough id assume

I’m about to run a cycle fairly soon, and the first eight weeks I know exactly what I’m running. I’m either going to cruise for a month then blast again for another eight weeks or run 16 weeks straight. The most test I’ve ever run was 2g a week. I’m considering running double that, but I wanted to hear from anyone whose run a very high dose like that what their experience was, would you do it again? How long was it for, we’re the gains worth it? How did the sides compare to a lower dose. Did you stack it with anything else? If so what and how much? Any real world useful information would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

if u got noticeably better results from 2g over 1g (some people don’t… so they stack stuff) then id say go for it, “the fun” is supposed to start after 3g’s

just make sure u keep an eye on ur BP, a ultrasound on ur liver for hepatic adenomas wouldn’t hurt either

im interested in how this goes because im going to switch around my blast in about 8 weeks to ~2.5g test/week

I would strongly advice getting some Humalog and using it pre-workout

^^ This^^

As I can attest to BP being significantly elevated and i have to watch closely when running 2gr and above.

I add in a gram or so of Mast as well for its slight AI properties(which are debatable) but the overall good feeling it gives me and it does keep the water bloat lower than normal, personally speaking. When I high dose my head gets huge and red and actually looks like a Syntha-6 protein tub.
Mast along with bumping up my adex keeps my head/face looking normal.

I have heard several pro’s state they run their deca around 2.5 gr while on a high test bulk cycle. I have never needed too as I respond very well to deca at minimal doses, unlike test where I need high doses.

I think the humalog is worth checking out as well, although I don’t really know shit about running insulin and stuff. But I can say that when high dosing if I forget until I get hungry to eat, its to late, I crash and get sick just like a diabetic. Maybe Walkway has a little insight to this he can expand upon.

I have also found ramping up to high dose and tapering down to be the most effective. I start at a gram and add a gram every week until peak dose is obtained. I come down the same way, because I found going from 3 grams of test to zero or a TRT dose is like falling off a cliff physically and some serious lethargy and lack of motivation/depression follows.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

Weight, height, age, cycle history. 4g of test is goddamn high, I don’t think it has any more benefits than 2g,[/quote]

Yeah but have you tried it? I’m not sure if its going to be any better, but I want to find out. I’m currently just under 230 lbs at 5 10. I’ve run most cycles, all the classics, test deca drol, or dbol , straight test all the way up to 2gs, I’ve run over a gram of tren before. I started off with pretty average doses and things have gradually increased each time. One thing that is a common theme is that more gear almost always equals more results. I’ve never known anyone run the amount of test I’m proposing, the only people I’ve heard of running that much are pros and none of that is verifiable. I’m not planning on doing it indefinitely either I know all about the risks. The one thing I will say though is my body can handle large doses, I get properly checked out regularly, ultrasounds you name it. 2g of test felt great and I had minimal sides, so I have a feeling ill be able to handle even more.

Here is what my current proposed cycle looks like.

eq 1600mg front load, then 800mg a week for eight weeks
Tren acetate 700mg a week for six weeks then 1400mg for two weeks
Test prop 175mg per week for eight weeks
Var at 100mg per day for three weeks or possibly even 200mg
Last three weeks of the eight, dbol at 50mg per day
Hgh 4iu Daily (never used before)
12.5 mcg T3 daily
Aromasin as needed
HMG daily one unit (still working on the correct dose but this is close I think)

That’s the first half. Then I’m debating running the test as mentioned at 4g for eight weeks with 700mg a week of boldenone acetate to give the eq time to clear before I start coming off.

[quote]Singhbuilder wrote:
To the above posters, OP is an experienced AAS-user I think he knows what hes doing.

MG, I have run up to 2.4g of Test, I would advice run as high dose as possible where sides become unbearable. Everyone has different levels of tolerance but in general more Test will mean more gains.

SB[/quote]

I’ll take that as a sound medical endorsement :slight_smile:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

if u got noticeably better results from 2g over 1g (some people don’t… so they stack stuff) then id say go for it, “the fun” is supposed to start after 3g’s

just make sure u keep an eye on ur BP, a ultrasound on ur liver for hepatic adenomas wouldn’t hurt either

im interested in how this goes because im going to switch around my blast in about 8 weeks to ~2.5g test/week

I would strongly advice getting some Humalog and using it pre-workout[/quote]

I’ve been in two minds about using insulin, I know it would make a huge difference. I am honestly scared shitless of using it. I’ve tried metformin before and at the time I thought it was side effect free (apart from the shits obv lol) but looking back I’m sure I had a couple of mild hypos when using it and just didn’t realise it and thought I was really tired and just needed a nap. The idea of lying down for a nap and not waking up doesn’t appeal! If ther was some really good protocol to follow with safety measures clearly laid out I’d be more comfortable with it. What am I supposed to have lying around for an emergency? A syringe full of dextrose? How much is needed to pull someone out of hypo?

The fun starts at three eh? Please elaborate!

The fun starts at three eh? Please elaborate!
[/quote]

I too wish to know of this ‘fun’ you speak of.

SB

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
^^ This^^

As I can attest to BP being significantly elevated and i have to watch closely when running 2gr and above.

I add in a gram or so of Mast as well for its slight AI properties(which are debatable) but the overall good feeling it gives me and it does keep the water bloat lower than normal, personally speaking. When I high dose my head gets huge and red and actually looks like a Syntha-6 protein tub.
Mast along with bumping up my adex keeps my head/face looking normal.

I have heard several pro’s state they run their deca around 2.5 gr while on a high test bulk cycle. I have never needed too as I respond very well to deca at minimal doses, unlike test where I need high doses.

I think the humalog is worth checking out as well, although I don’t really know shit about running insulin and stuff. But I can say that when high dosing if I forget until I get hungry to eat, its to late, I crash and get sick just like a diabetic. Maybe Walkway has a little insight to this he can expand upon.

I have also found ramping up to high dose and tapering down to be the most effective. I start at a gram and add a gram every week until peak dose is obtained. I come down the same way, because I found going from 3 grams of test to zero or a TRT dose is like falling off a cliff physically and some serious lethargy and lack of motivation/depression follows. [/quote]

Lol at the huge red head. Thanks for the input, the reason the doses in the first half are set the way they are is because of that ramping effect you mention. As much as everything I’ve read pointing towards keeping doses steady being the best way to do things, increasing doses and changing compounds always seems to produce a jump in strength, so I’ve tried to stagger things to get some kind of boost every couple of weeks. Is it worth getting some bp meds just in case I need them?

If definitely wouldn’t hurt just incase you need them, but I was able to control mine with drawing blood weekly and an aspirin regiment.

45 minutes pre-workout

50g protein from whey isolate
1/2 cup oatmeal
1tbsp almond butter

5 minutes pre-workout

shoot 10iu Humalog into stomach fat (make sure it’s 10iu, not 100iu… people actually make this mistake)

immediately after pinning Humalog begin sipping shake consisting of

(necessary)
80g carb supplement similar to anaconda
40g whey/casein hydrosylate

(not necessary, but beneficial)
5g leucine
5g creatine
5g beta alanine

sip throughout workout

1 hour after shake is done (should last you your entire workout)

1 cup white rice 7-8oz. cooked chicken/white fish/egg whites

I split the shake into 2 shakers

keep dextrose tablets on you (buy at cvs)… they bring you out of hypo really fast… consume 1 and wait 5 minutes until taking another because you don’t want to over-consume while using insulin… that’s how u get fat.

and by “the fun starts after 3g” that’s just what Ive been told repeatedly by numerous “really big guys”

45 minutes pre-workout

1/2 cup oatmeal
1tbsp almond butter

5 minutes pre-workout

shoot 10iu Humalog into stomach fat (make sure it’s 10iu, not 100iu… people actually make this mistake)

(necessary)

5g leucine
5g creatine
5g beta alanine

sip throughout workout

keep dextrose tablets on you (buy at cvs)… they bring you out of hypo really fast… consume 1 and wait 5 minutes until taking another because you don’t want to over-consume while using insulin… that’s how u get fat.

and by “the fun starts after 3g” that’s just what Ive been told repeatedly by numerous “really big guys”[/quote]

When you are running slin do you have someone aware of when your doing it and knows what to do if you were to pass out?

45 minutes pre-workout

1/2 cup oatmeal
1tbsp almond butter

5 minutes pre-workout

(necessary)

5g leucine
5g creatine
5g beta alanine

sip throughout workout

and by “the fun starts after 3g” that’s just what Ive been told repeatedly by numerous “really big guys”[/quote]

When you are running slin do you have someone aware of when your doing it and knows what to do if you were to pass out?[/quote]

yeah my roomies all know and so does my lifting partner… ull be fine though as long as you don’t pin too much and follow the protocol I wrote out

45 minutes pre-workout

1/2 cup oatmeal
1tbsp almond butter

5 minutes pre-workout

(necessary)

5g leucine
5g creatine
5g beta alanine

sip throughout workout

When you are running slin do you have someone aware of when your doing it and knows what to do if you were to pass out?[/quote]

yeah my roomies all know and so does my lifting partner… ull be fine though as long as you don’t pin too much and follow the protocol I wrote out[/quote]

With slin, is ten units the minimum dose to see results? Would less be ok?