T Nation

Running and Weightlifting Diet Help

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, and I am not a weightlifter in the usual sense. My brother recommended I go on this site, because I'm having problems with my diet.

I run 3-4 times a week, for about 4 km a run (I just started). And I work out around 3-4 times a week. My workouts are pretty standard at the moment, with military press, bench press, bent over rows, chin ups, zurcher (sp) squats, and zurcher good mornings. Please don't give me much workout advice; I'm sure its great advice but my garage where I work out is rather limited.

Breakfast:
-Vector or some other high carb cereal
-wild berry smoothie

Lunch:
-Chicken Breast
-Apple

Multivitamin and Fish Oil Pills

Protein Shake in the afternoon

Dinner:
-Chicken, Steak or Pork Chops
-Rice
-Corn
-Juice made from apples, carrots, and OJ

Workout or Run

Apple after run, protein shake after run

Multivitamins and fish oil pills

2 Eggs

I know its an odd diet, but whatever. I am also 200 pounds, so I need more protein.

Any ideas or advice?

Check out Vrooms Beginer II thread.

The best advice to give is to check out the posts on this website. I know its kind of a cheap answer, but they spell it all out for you. Check out ANY article by Christian Thibaudeau for some top notch routines. Also, check out John Berardi's articles on nutrition. Just do a simple search. You'll easily spen all day on this website(I often do!!!) jus treading all the great articles. Good luck.

You're not eating enough.

Read Dr. Berardi's "7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs" and implement it.

What are your body compositon goals? Gaining muscle, losing fat? Both?

sounds to me like you are not eating enough unless you are big portions..