Running a cycle is on my bucket list.

But does it make sense to only do it once? Will any gains I make disappear after a few months? I really don’t think I’ll be making a habit out of it.

Really value your input.

Thanks!

Oh. In case I’m asked for more details:

I am 29 years old. Have been lifting for 10 years. (At times more or less intensively.) I stand 6 feet tall and weigh 185 lbs. I bench 275, squat 325 and deadlift 440. I don’t know my body fat but I have a visible 6 pack.

I would be running a short simple, 6 week cycle. I am terrified of side effects and would be heavily investing in AIs and PCT.

Basically, I have some time off work coming up and its now or never.

Thanks!

A 6 week cycle is worthless. Gains kept will be determined by your diet. If your’re going to run a cycle run 12-14 weeks of Test E or Test C. Your’re going to want about 500mg a week splt into 2 pins a week. Adex for an AI and clomid and Nova for your pct. Your PCT should start 3 weeks after your first pin.

If you do run only one cycle get bloodwork done to see what your current T level, FSH, LH, and TSH levels are. The reason for this is so you can no when your’re done with your cycle and PCT if you are back to normal or if you need to PCT longer. You want to get bloods about 6 weeks in too.

Side effects with Test are relatively mild as long as you keep your’re E2 in check. Depending on body fat, I would start at .25mg of Adex with each pin. This is where the mid cycle blood work will benefit. You can see where your E2 is and adjust from there. I recommend starting low. Crashing your E2 is just as bad as having high E2. Trust me though, once you ride that train you’ll ride again.

Good luck

Alas, six weeks is all I can do. I will be in a country where anabolics are legal for that time. I am really not in a position to break any laws when I get back.

Is your advice really not to do it at all, then?

Don’t even bother

[quote]Muskulls wrote:
Alas, six weeks is all I can do. I will be in a country where anabolics are legal for that time. I am really not in a position to break any laws when I get back.

Is your advice really not to do it at all, then?[/quote]

Yes

Really? I’m surprised by this. The sticked newbie guide by Furious George specifically discusses 6 week cycles and how to do them.

I second not doing do a 6 week cycle but just my opinion. With that I hope you address your training.

10 years to Bench 275, Squat 330, and Bench 440 is pretty damn slow progress. Those are easily 2nd year numbers even naturally… 3 at the absolute worse case. I’m not trying to be a dick you sound like a decent guy and are not looking to dive in to this head first with your eyes closed but, there is something seriously lacking some where in your program.

No it isn’t worth it. It takes that long for it to get into our sytem unless your run Test Prop. IMO 6 weeks of Prop is stll too short.

Um, I’m guessing by your picture that we have different goals and different body types. Those are my powerlifting numbers but I am not, nor have I ever aspired to be, a powerlifter.

Even so, exrx.net would call the dead lift and bench press “Advanced.”

But this is a huge digression. . .

[quote]Muskulls wrote:
But does it make sense to only do it once? Will any gains I make disappear after a few months? I really don’t think I’ll be making a habit out of it.

Really value your input.

Thanks!

[/quote]

well, i think you can see decent gains in 6 weeks, and if you train hard and eat clean, you can retain a lot.

however, do you want to do it just to do it, or do you really want to take advantage of it?

or is this going to be a huge moral issue for you??

It doesn’t matter after 10 years of training even if you focused on pure hypertrophy they are very sad for 10 years of training. Next if powerlifting or strength is not your goal or even a concern then why would you post them as a reference to your abilities and progress thus far. Why not post a pic of your self which I’m willing to bet will be rather lacking as well based on the information you have given. 6ft tall 185 with those numbers does not really inspire much confidence at all. I promise you I am not the only one thinking this either.

What kind of work you do that would prevent you from running a longer cycle? Unless you are a tested athlete, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

As for the bucket list, are you planning on dying anytime soon? lol

you could just do a 6 week cycle of prop and an oral like dbol or something. I don’t see a problem with that.

You will keep your gains provided you keep eating enough and training hard enough to maintain them.

[quote]Reed wrote:
It doesn’t matter after 10 years of training even if you focused on pure hypertrophy they are very sad for 10 years of training. Next if powerlifting or strength is not your goal or even a concern then why would you post them as a reference to your abilities and progress thus far. Why not post a pic of your self which I’m willing to bet will be rather lacking as well based on the information you have given. 6ft tall 185 with those numbers does not really inspire much confidence at all. I promise you I am not the only one thinking this either. [/quote]

Um, my profile picture is a picture of myself. My life doesn’t revolve around bodybuilding; a few other responsibilities have taken precedence from time to time over the past decade. The progress I’ve made is the progress I’ve made. I’m stronger than the vast majority of men my age and I started out benching 95 lbs. I’m generally happy with how I look. I’ve had different goals at different times (i.e. I did crossfit for a year in 2013 and lost 50 lbs on my deadlift; but it was a worthwhile experience). I posted my numbers to indicate that I am not an untrained individual.

I’m really not here to get shit talked. It would be nice if you could offer what information you have and I (being a grown-up) will make a decision about whether to cycle or not. Thanks.

[quote]The-German wrote:
What kind of work you do that would prevent you from running a longer cycle? Unless you are a tested athlete, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

As for the bucket list, are you planning on dying anytime soon? lol[/quote]

I’m a practicing physician. My medical license is my most valuable possession and any whiff of illegality can make it go away. (And in further reply to Reed; the 8 years of training where I worked 80 hours a week had to be up all night 6 times a month probably hampered my progress; but that doesn’t really pertain to the question at hand.)

Well in that case I agree with yogi. Prop and an oral like dbol would be a good choice. I think you could make some solid gains and hold onto the majority of them afterward if your nutrition and training are on point.

What are your goals?

My goals are basically aesthetic: 1970’s bodybuilder or 2014 physique competitor. I have 6 weeks off in a foreign country where steroids are legal and I can basically eat/sleep/lift all day. Think it would be interesting/gratifying to see what I could do with my body over that period.

Awesome excuses. Have a nice cycle man.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:
My goals are basically aesthetic: 1970’s bodybuilder or 2014 physique competitor. I have 6 weeks off in a foreign country where steroids are legal and I can basically eat/sleep/lift all day. Think it would be interesting/gratifying to see what I could do with my body over that period. [/quote]

Doc,

you’re not gonna make massive changes to your physique in a short time and still retain them. however, i believe there is ongoing research into the long term growth effects of AAS (it’s possible that the gene expression is actually long lasting, FWIW).

if you’re looking for a cycle, then i’d do something like this… it’s quick, effective and easy to adjust.

Week 1-6:
Test Prop (50-100 mg/day)
A-dex (.25 mg/EOD)
HCG (500 IU/wk)

Week 7-12:
Nolvadex (20 mg/night)

also, the likelihood of any permanent shutdown is pretty low with that protocol, as well…