Runner Fails Gender Test

He/she could maybe have this rare genetic disorder where the baby has an x and a y chromosome but the y doesn’t turn on at the right moment when the baby gets flooded with testosterone and turned into a boy, so the baby is effectively female but has an “off” y chromosome. I’m sure I butchered that or oversimplified it, but I remember hearing about that in class once.

What a humiliating ordeal she must be going through, as someone said above, being stripped of your silver medal publicly is bad enough, then being told that you aren’t a woman is even worse!

I kinda always thought she looked masculine.

We should have done a check, in India itself, on all our athletes just before sending them to Doha, atleast that way, we could have avoided her humiliation.

[quote]Dabubzilla wrote:
He/she could maybe have this rare genetic disorder where the baby has an x and a y chromosome but the y doesn’t turn on at the right moment when the baby gets flooded with testosterone and turned into a boy, so the baby is effectively female but has an “off” y chromosome. I’m sure I butchered that or oversimplified it, but I remember hearing about that in class once. [/quote]

You’re probably talking about TDF (testis determining factor). Basically, it isn’t the Y-chromosome that makes you male, it’s the TDF-gene.

This is usually found on the Y-chromosome, so usually males are XY and females XX. However, TDF can be present on an X-chromosome or missing on a Y-chromosome, so you can have XY females or XX males. Not very common though.

this reminds me of that futurama episode where bender gets a sex change so he can win some medals in the robolympcis.

I’d hit it…with my car

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
this reminds me of that futurama episode where bender gets a sex change so he can win some medals in the robolympcis.[/quote]

“Hail, hail Robonia, a land I didn’t make up!”

could be CAIS (complete androgen insensitivity syndrome)Androgen insensitivity syndrome - Wikipedia

is 46 xy but has no androgen receptors so she gets no mullerian duct regression and undescended testes (kinda like “House” episode where the teenage model is a guy and has undescended testes instead of ovaries.)

Like jamie lee curtis supposedly has, genetically a man but is one hot ass woman. it was supposedly leaked before HIPPA by her endocrinologist. kids were adopted.

could be CAIS (complete androgen insensitivity syndrome)Androgen insensitivity syndrome - Wikipedia

is 46 xy but has no androgen receptors so she gets no mullerian duct regression and undescended testes (kinda like “House” episode where the teenage model is a guy and has undescended testes instead of ovaries.)

Like jamie lee curtis supposedly has, genetically a man but is one hot ass woman. it was supposedly leaked before HIPPA by her endocrinologist. kids were adopted.

[quote]Jason32 wrote:
Take it from me… when you’re out clubbin’, always check the Adam’s apple![/quote]

Jason do you have a story to tell us?

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Shanti. Does look…kinda odd

That is because she washes with Dove

[/quote]

hahaha

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Shanti. Does look…kinda odd

Please. There are female freaks in bodybuilding that make her look more feminine than a pre-drug addicted butt naked Lindsey Lohan. [/quote]

That is certainly true.