T Nation

Runner and Bodybuilder

want to run around 20-30 minutes or so for health reasons maybe daily or 3 times a week, im more interested in being healthy then looking like a bodybuilder, but i want to gain some size,i have a semi fast metabolism 18 years old 150 pound 5’10 still look not that big

Troll…
Do i win the whose a troll test?

EAT… then squats and milk

If you already have a semi fast metabolism and weigh 150 don’t worry so much about the cardio. Eat, lift, sleep, repeat

Good story.

i saw u posted this before. i saw it kinda got hacked by if military people could run alot and get big. but yea there were a few posts in there that basically said, eat alot. its hard to look big. but anyways wat kind of running are u doing? interval training or just like 2-4 miles of light jogging/running? either way if ur eating enough to keep up with ur cal expenditure u should be fine.

i do however recommend sprint type interval training. in hs when i ran most the sprinters had decent size legs just from training. anyways a little cardio cant hurt, especially if u eat enough kcals which im guessing u dont because of ur size. there are some great articles on how to get more cals in ya, look at the stickies on the top of the thread.

[quote]noahkapoa007 wrote:
want to run around 20-30 minutes or so for health reasons maybe daily or 3 times a week, im more interested in being healthy then looking like a bodybuilder, but i want to gain some size,i have a semi fast metabolism 18 years old 150 pound 5’10 still look not that big
[/quote]

This has already been posted in another thread here…but the short short version is yes, you can run for 20-30 minutes a few times a week and gain muscle. You just have to eat more to compensate for the running. As for you not looking big, that’s because you’d need to weight about 200 lbs before you’d look decent at your height. Get to it and don’t make excuses.