Run, Little Mice, Run Away!!

So now that Kissinger has said there is no way we can win in Iraq, military leaders are going to push for an additional 20,000 troops to put there. Mostly to train Iraqi’s as advisors.

Isn’t there something wrong with that? Don’t we have troops that are trained to do that job? Aren’t they called Special Forces?

Let’s save billions of dollars and pull out now. Kissinger says we can’t win but that we should stay. Why make the same mistake we made in Vietnam by staying too long?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
In this discussion, I asked a legit question. One that a democrat, republican, or libertarian could ask. What are the democrats going to propose? Which avenue will they (the majority) suggest we go? Will they recommend staying in Iraq, no timetable? Or a short span timetable to withdraw, regardless of Iraqi force readiness?[/quote]

The democrats would be well served getting important things actually done while they are in office for the next two years. You know, tackling issues that the hill can actually have a real impact on. Important domestic issues, lobbying reform, immigration, taxation, health care, minimum wage, and other issues the public wants action on.

The worst thing they could do is waste a lot of time building a standalone platform on the war in Iraq that they have no ability to implement. If they are smart they will continue to stress that the President and his administration are responsible for the conduct of the war - which they are - so that the buck isn’t passed to them.

Then, by 2008 it will be necessary to present a cogent plan in the next election.

In this very thread you claimed how you thought an opinion of yours was not biased. Excuse me for keying in to that point and calling you out for it.

As for the “tired” kook aid drinking comment, if you (plural, not you personally) stop drinking so damned much of it I’ll stop commenting on it. In short, if you don’t want to hear it, put the fucking cup down.

As for my kook aid drinking, I am in no way certain that the democrats aren’t going to fuck things up royally. However, if and when they actually begin to do something, then I’ll have an opportunity to criticize it as well, finally.