Run Forrest, Run

[quote]football061 wrote:
just start packing heat and shoot their tires out. simple and effective.[/quote]

Everybody does that in Jersey.

This is good advice. I’ve done shit like this before, and only later realized I was actually being a douche bag.

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
LOL this is kinda funny!

Maybe you do run like a gimp, who knows…maybe you should videotape yourself running and see if you look retarded or something. LMAO!!

I also get that “run Forrest run” comment, from friends, but we’re just making fun of each other. I’d kick any stranger’s ass that said it, lol.

The thing is, perhaps this may call for some self-observation. Seriously. When strangers make fun of you, they could be observing something about you that you may not realize.

I learned this because one day, while on patrol as a security guard and walking out of a gas station, I got back into the car and a stranger walked out after me, imitating the way I was walking in a mocking way. He was doing a “tough” ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) strut, walking like he had big nuts with legs spread out, and walking stiff like a robot. It was an exaggeration of my walk at the time.

I was pissed, and I was going to have a go at beating the snot out him. He blew a kiss at me and drove off.

I realized, I wasn’t even big at the time, yet I was trying to walk tough and had a major case of ILS. So I toned it down and learned to relax my walk, and be more natural. It was a lesson learned.

Now I’m a lot bigger, I still don’t try to walk around looking tough, I just be natural and any strength I have will show through anyway.[/quote]

Well. It looks like the hatred for cyclists on this thread alone is large enough for me to say that runners have no room to complain.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
football061 wrote:
just start packing heat and shoot their tires out. simple and effective.

[/quote]

That and think the jersey shore is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

[quote]football061 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
football061 wrote:
just start packing heat and shoot their tires out. simple and effective.

That and think the jersey shore is the greatest thing since sliced bread.[/quote]

Which is why they should be shot.

Who gives a fuck? If he is making fun of you for exercising, he most likely doesn’t. I smile a little when people yell shit while I’m running or point and discuss when I deadlift.

It makes me realize I’m way cooler than like 67% of my peers and though I’m still young I’m old enough to remember the “good ol’ days” when fat people were picked on.

It makes me chuckle at how the tables have turned and how ridiculous it is for exercise to be funny.

Next time someone yells at you, do a little dapper dan jump and heel click. Give them something to really tell his fat friends about when he feels down on his belly.

[quote]texasguy2 wrote:
Who gives a fuck? If he is making fun of you for exercising, he most likely doesn’t. I smile a little when people yell shit while I’m running or point and discuss when I deadlift.

It makes me realize I’m way cooler than like 67% of my peers and though I’m still young I’m old enough to remember the “good ol’ days” when fat people were picked on.

It makes me chuckle at how the tables have turned and how ridiculous it is for exercise to be funny.

Next time someone yells at you, do a little dapper dan jump and heel click. Give them something to really tell his fat friends about when he feels down on his belly. [/quote]

I love how 42% of your posts have ridiculously made up stats and percentages in them. Really, I do. They make me laugh.

It’s funny how the root of many many arguements is due to generalizing.

And BTW, I have caught up to cars, after they’ve pulled their shit on me. The gang of 16 yr old badasses always turn to chickenshit with their heads stiffly facing foward when I roll up to them.

I’m not even exaggerating about this. IF I was carrying, I’d be in jail right now and some dumb fucks might not be doing too well. Good thing I’m smart enough to not carry.

For those of you who are saying WTF - you haven’t been in my shoes, or the other riders’ who deal with this crap. There’s something about being grossly disrespected by complete strangers for no reason.

And yeh, I don’t care for the Lance wannbies, or the asshats who impede traffic when they don’t have to. But there are considerate riders out there who won’t get in your way if you stay out of their way.

Don’t generalize all cyclists. I don’t generalize all drivers. It’s about respect.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
texasguy2 wrote:

Next time someone yells at you, do a little dapper dan jump and heel click. Give them something to really tell his fat friends about when he feels down on his belly.

I love how 42% of your posts have ridiculously made up stats and percentages in them. Really, I do. They make me laugh.[/quote]

Well only about 37% of them are made up and only 17% of the time.

I was going to write that you start carrying a gun, then I realized I wasn’t the first to do so.

Great minds, hunh?

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
I was going to write that you start carrying a gun, then I realized I wasn’t the first to do so.

Great minds, hunh?[/quote]

Violence is always the answer!

[quote]DickBag wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
You’re mad because someone yelled “run forrest, run” at you? You’re a fucking baby.

If you want real roadside torment then spend some time as a cyclist on the harsh roads of America. 90% of everyone who drive a car hates cyclists and feel that it is their god giver right to run their sub-human, healthy, hippie asses to the side of the road.

Prepare to be hit and nudged by moving vehicles. Prepare to have beverages and ash trays emptied upon you. Prepare to be constantly overwhelmed with the knowledge that you could kick these asshole’s asses if you could just catch up to them.

do you have erectile disfunction, i hear cyclists have problems from sitting on those sharp seats.
[/quote]

Not at all. And I know many, many fathers who were/are cyclists.

If one were to sit on a crap bike seat that came from a 1980s ten speed, and not wear bike shorts, then there might be problems/discomfort. Those were the conditions during the studies that mentioned biking might cause ED.

Forrest Gump may have been legally retarded, but that guy went places. I’ve had shit yelled at me for running, especially if I’m trying to catch a bus. Makes me think, why the hell is there a NAAFA? What we need is a group that promotes the acceptance of non-fat people.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:
this is stupid I know but that last sentence is great…so true…idiots think that you have no right to be on the road or anywhere near it when on a bike
[/quote]

I pay registration for the right to put each car or motorcycle I want on the road, which is what pays for said roads. You’ll have an equal right to the road when you’re paying for it.

maybe you look like forrest gump. how’s your haircut???

[quote]will to power wrote:
I pay registration for the right to put each car or motorcycle I want on the road, which is what pays for said roads. You’ll have an equal right to the road when you’re paying for it. [/quote]

What an ignorant comment. You really think your registration fees are the only thing paying for roads?

[quote]will to power wrote:
I pay registration for the right to put each car or motorcycle I want on the road, which is what pays for said roads. You’ll have an equal right to the road when you’re paying for it. [/quote]

Laws supersede opinions.

[quote]tedro wrote:
will to power wrote:
I pay registration for the right to put each car or motorcycle I want on the road, which is what pays for said roads. You’ll have an equal right to the road when you’re paying for it.

What an ignorant comment. You really think your registration fees are the only thing paying for roads?
[/quote]

Edit; screw what I said. It occurred to me that the difference in wear and tear and such of a car v a bicycle more than make up for the extra expense a vehicle owner has to make. I rescind the rights comment.

[quote]KiloSprinter wrote:
Laws supersede opinions.
[/quote]

Right, and I was just sharing mine. I am not exactly going to run anyone down. I just think you should either be using bike paths or move aside to let cars pass. That’s what I do when I ride a bike.

Odd, I’ve done lots of mileage over the years, never once heard “Run, Forest, run.”
All of that running was done in the South. Are Minnesota folks just fatter and sedentary, and anti-runners? Or is it something about your dress or running style?

You could try changing your look, go goth, Viking, or Harley biker. How’s your upper body? A good pair of guns distracts folks from their random bullshit thoughts.
But ultimately, if you can’t make it stop, use it as fuel to run harder and longer. And BTW, why aren’t you using an Ipod to drown that shit out? Doc

I’ve had people yell “Pistol Pete” or “Maravich” at me when I used to run back/forth from the town courts dribbling my basketball. And, though I have never been called Forrest before, I’ve heard it shouted more than once (granted, that was way back in middle school when kids had to run to catch the bus…).

I doubt it’s because you look like Tom Hanks or anything. People are just more familiar with Forrest Gump than Prefontaine.

You guys can count me as another driver who hates cyclists hogging my lane, by the way.