Bench
Ws 70% 150x3
Ws 80% 170x3
ws 90% 190x15

5x10@135

DB Rows 4x12@55
Weighted chins 4x2 BW+20
CGBP 135x10, 160x10, 190x10

A little winded today. May be from being sick. Still felt strong on the bench, weak on the chins.

Sat, Dec 5, 2009

Hampster Wheel - 10 mins
Some dislocates and deep knee bends to warm up

Squat 5x3x1
Warm ups sets of 5 to 135

Ws 75% 160 5
Ws 85% 180 3
ws 95% 200 7 ( Felt a little off compared to last Sunday. However, till the ‘prescribed’ reps can’t be met, it’s really nothing to worry about at this point…I hope :slight_smile: )

Box Squat (15in Box)5x10@125
GM’s 3x5@125

Right front hip flexor is STILL giving me trouble, right where it attaches into my hip. I sometimes detest being old. Ah well.

Nice work Rug, and you are spot on make the reps and keep moving forward!

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Nice work Rug, and you are spot on make the reps and keep moving forward! [/quote]

x2. Really good work.
All these folks doing box squats. Guess I need to go find a box!

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Nice work Rug, and you are spot on make the reps and keep moving forward! [/quote]

x2. Really good work.
All these folks doing box squats. Guess I need to go find a box![/quote]

Surpisingly, a 5 gal pail is 15in and that is what I use for my ‘box’. Works perfectly

Sun Dec 6, 2009

Seated Mil and BB Rows (again, didn’t feel like being sociable at the gym)

Warmups
Dislocates, windmills

Seated Military and Barbell Row
warmups - sets of 5 to 115

Mil
Ws 75% 135 3
Ws 85% 155 3
ws 95% 170 7

BB Row
Ws 75% 135 5
Ws 85% 155 3
ws 95% 175 7

Seated Mil 5x10@110
Chins 5x4 various grips
Pins Presses 145x5, 185x5, 200x5
Roman Chair situps 4x5 +10#
Laterals 4x5@20#

The Mils felt strong today, BB Rows I have to work on. Not used to static on low back :slight_smile:

[quote]ruglayer09052000 wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

x2. Really good work.
All these folks doing box squats. Guess I need to go find a box![/quote]

Surpisingly, a 5 gal pail is 15in and that is what I use for my ‘box’. Works perfectly[/quote]

Hmmmm…and I do have a few of those.
Are you going touch and go? Or actually sitting back?

Really nice millies. 170x7 is strong.

I do all my MPs standing. Do you notice more isolation on the delts when sitting? Either way, 170x7 is good lifting.

Surpisingly, a 5 gal pail is 15in and that is what I use for my ‘box’. Works perfectly[/quote]

Are you going touch and go? Or actually sitting back?[/quote]

With the main sqauts, as soon as my ass touches it, I reverse direction. Its the only way for me to know for sure that I’m parallel. Without a guide, I tend to stop short as the weights go up. When I use it for box squats, I actually sit back on it, pause, then go up.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
I do all my MPs standing. Do you notice more isolation on the delts when sitting? Either way, 170x7 is good lifting.[/quote]

When I actually go to the gym, I do them standing. In my basement, I have to do them seated. As for iso, I hadn’t really thought about it. I know standing, I tend to make it a push press. Seated, that isn’t possible so probably more iso seated, more of a full body lift standing. Seated seems to help my bench more, however, as I get more tri work out of it.

The biggest differences I notice between seated and standing is a) standing does more core work (as you mentioned) b) while I don’t do a push press I think that flexing the legs does give an extra umph to the standing version c) the seats that I have used are not completely vertical…I arch on it, leaning back on the initial portion, to clear my chin (just like on standing millies).

Once I have cleared my face, though, I go more vertical on standing, but continue to lean back into the seat when seated.
Not sure it matters. Just the things I have noticed with myself.

[quote]ruglayer09052000 wrote:

Are you going touch and go? Or actually sitting back?[/quote]

With the main sqauts, as soon as my ass touches it, I reverse direction. Its the only way for me to know for sure that I’m parallel. Without a guide, I tend to stop short as the weights go up. When I use it for box squats, I actually sit back on it, pause, then go up.
[/quote]

I wonder if a bucket would hold my big @ss with the additional weight!? :slight_smile:

Damn 170x7 seated is nice Rug…well done…

Strick- If you use a bucket for your box, please video it in High Def…I think I can get it on Americas Funniest Home Videos, pick up 10 G’s for x-mas!!!

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Damn 170x7 seated is nice Rug…well done…

Strick- If you use a bucket for your box, please video it in High Def…I think I can get it on Americas Funniest Home Videos, pick up 10 G’s for x-mas!!! [/quote]

Lol…I’ll work on that. Maybe a wicker basket would be better!? :slight_smile:

Tues, Nov 8, 2009

Deadlifts 5/3/1

Warm up
10 min on hampster wheel, dislocates and deadlifts with bar only
Sets of 5 to 185. All reps done as stop, reset, go

TB Dead
Ws 75% 235 5
Ws 85% 250 3
ws 95% 280 10

3x10@155 (shrugs, bentover shrugs and rdl with trap bar)
Back raises 3x5 with 20# behind head

Actually felt good today. Everything was strong and smooth

Nice Deads Rug! keep bangin’ away oh wise one!

Nice job, deads over 9 reps build character.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Nice job, deads over 9 reps build character. [/quote]

Yeah, yeah…that’s what my dad used to say about everything unpleasant or painful.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Nice job, deads over 9 reps build character. [/quote]

Yeah, yeah…that’s what my dad used to say about everything unpleasant or painful.[/quote]

Your dad was absolutely right.