Saturday morning workout

YTWL shoulder warm up: 5 lbs
Front raise in the Smith: 95x15, 3x95x12
Chest supported dumbbell rows: 4x35x12
Lat Pull down machine: 4x110x15
Face pulls: 4x35x20
Curl and press: 3x65x8

Treadmill interval: 20 minutes

I’ll admit, my shoulder is getting me down. Yesterday I resided to the fact I needed to find a Doctor. My Dad gave me an infrared lumen therapy thing and I have tried it on a lark. Supposedly its supposed to help stimulate blood flow and accelerate the healing process. It says use 3 times a day for 15 minutes each time. Of course I use the Tim the Tool Man approach and opt for more power. It’s 3 times a day for 60 minutes on the varying light levels. I’ll be damned if I dont think this thing is working!! It may be hope. It may be the change in sleeping positions. It may be the lights. I’m going to take some of that glucosomine stuff today, and that may be helping too. I just hope some combination does the trick.

Light on the weights, increase the reps for a while. We will see what happens.

JW’s Thought of the day: Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed. [/quote]

Good to hear that something is working for the shoulder J! I’d keep upping the fish oil as well.

Sunday Morning workout

YWTL shoulder warm up: 5 lbs
Squat in the smith: 115x20
Bench press(all wide grip): bar x 20, 115x10, 3x135x8, 3x155x10
Decline bench press in the smith(wide grip): 4x155x8
Decline cable flies: 4x35x10
CGP in the smith: 4x135x8

Nothing fun and exciting about today’s training just light weights and high reps. The good news is the shoulder didn’t hurt much, at least not until the very end. I did the flies and tried to keep my chest under stress, I didn’t let the stack (ha ha or 3) hit the bottom stop. That made it nice and difficult. Shoulder stopped cooperating during the CGP. I left a bunch in the tank, especially after skipping the treadmill interval.

Now I’m off to get breakfast going for the peeps. After a day of voice recitals, I’m ready to go for a hawg ride!

JW’s strange query of the day: If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

j-willy- you’re like that energizer bunny (supersized version). You just keep going and going and going…

On the wide grip bench, how wide is wide?

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
j-willy- you’re like that energizer bunny (supersized version). You just keep going and going and going…

On the wide grip bench, how wide is wide?[/quote]

I dont know about an energizer bunny… I’ll take that compliment. Wide for me is when I put my index fingers just to the outside of the power bands on the bar.

Interesting. My normal grip has my index finger on the power band (I am assuming that is the 1/2" smooth ring). Of course, I have ape arms…73" tall and a 76" wing span.

It is definitely a compliment. It just seems that rarely does a day pass that you are not working out in some fashion.

Interesting. My normal grip has my index finger on the power band (I am assuming that is the 1/2" smooth ring). Of course, I have ape arms…73" tall and a 76" wing span.

It is definitely a compliment. It just seems that rarely does a day pass that you are not working out in some fashion.
[/quote]

Thanks LS. In todays world, the workouts keep me sane… Seriously! I’m a short bastard, 5’9 inches and stubby wingspan… As airplanes would go I’m somewhere between a Sopwith Camel and an DC 3

Monday morning workout

YTWL shoulder warm up: 5lbs
Squat in the Smith: 115x20
Tortureplex: 5 sets 7 reps 115lbs

Another hard one today. No pressing with the complexes, just pulling. Squat portion in the Smith. I might have eaten too much supper last night. I made a Caribbean ‘southern’ thing with smoked chicken and really spicy black beans with some grilled pineapple. I have been eating really light lately, so this morning after such a meal I felt crappy!!

Gutted thru the interval. I really wanted to barf. Off to a meeting with the Federal Reserve Bank. It’s kind of unusual to wear a suit to work!

JW’s morning confession: I spent most of my money on beer and women. The rest I just wasted.

Tuesday morning workout

Squats in the Smith: 115x20, 135x10, 3x205x5, 3x225x5

Woke up uninspired. Blew off the ab work and the treadmill interval. I guess this is a sure sign I need a break and regroup.

JW’s thought for the day: Diplomacy is the art of saying “nice doggy” until you can find a rock

Great work J. Deload, then give that beeyotch another spankin’

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
Who’d a thunk I’d reach the post limit.

1.Coffee and frozen pizzas can be made on a BBQ grill.

Or why no matter what, you need a BBQ grill

1. No matter how many times you flick the switch, lights don’t work without electricity.

2. I learned what happens when you make fun of another state’s blackout.
    [/quote]

Yeah, one of the trees in my front yard still has tornado damage. Keeps me humble.

Dr JW thinks he has a rotator cuff impingement. Guess I need to go to a real Doc and do some research on rehab. Dammit, I hate this shit! Better bet to reading…

JW’s story of the day: I called my stockbroker today and asked, “What are you buying?” His answer: Canned goods and ammunition.

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
Dr JW thinks he has a rotator cuff impingement. Guess I need to go to a real Doc and do some research on rehab. Dammit, I hate this shit! Better bet to reading…

JW’s story of the day: I called my stockbroker today and asked, “What are you buying?” His answer: Canned goods and ammunition.[/quote]

There’s a rush on those items. Interesting, no?

Friday morning workout

YWTL shoulder warm up: 8 lbs
Squat in the smith warm up: 115x20
Tortureplex: 5 sets 8 reps each: Dead lift, high pull, bent row, squat in the smith

Trying to keep the conditioning up as I work thru shoulder issues. 2 days off seemed to help. I felt like crap not training so I had to go in this morning. No pressing. I only used 70 lbs with the high pulls. I left the gym wringing wet. I hate to admit it felt good! I wish I had a real plan to rehab this shoulder. Over the next few weeks, my normal weekend workouts may be ‘intresting’ to say the least.

JW’s Friday folly: The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Nice work. I hope the shoulder comes along quickly. Shoulders really do seem to be the predominant area of complaint.

The “high pulls” that you do…I’ve seen a couple of versions…one looked like a wide grip power upright row. Another looked like a power clean that stopped just before you would roll/flip your wrists. Which do you do?

Nice work. I hope the shoulder comes along quickly. Shoulders really do seem to be the predominant area of complaint.

The “high pulls” that you do…I’ve seen a couple of versions…one looked like a wide grip power upright row. Another looked like a power clean that stopped just before you would roll/flip your wrists. Which do you do?[/quote]

I’m doing more of the power clean type right now. I’ll probably switch to a snatch grip for a while soon.

Saturday morning workout

YWtl shoulder warm up: 8lbs
Rubber band dislocates 20 reps

Assisted pull ups: sets of 5,5,6,4
Front raise: 4x95x8
Lat pull down: 4x110x12
chest supported dumbbell row: 4x35x8
Face pull: 4x40x10
Curl and press: 3x65x8

Out with the curl and press. That is the sore shoulder culprit. Average workout nothing really remarkable.I wish I had some really big numbers to post or I could see some real progression. Off to work…WOO-HOO!

JW’s Saturday special: Sex when your married is like getting a Civil War chess set thru the mailâ?¦you get one piece every 4 to 6 weeks

Friggin’ shoulders suck. Its good you’re doing so many pull exercises. I find close grip and neutral grip for all pressing movements while rehabing work best for me. Does squating hurt? What about pushups and dips?

The progress will come. You are too consistent for it not to.

Sunday morning workout

Warmup:
Rubber band dislocates: 20
YWTL Warm up: 8 lbs
Squat in the smith: 20x115

Incline press: 115x20, 135x12, 2x155x12
Decline dumbbell press: 4x30x20
Cable press: 5x45x20
1 arm Tate: 4x30x12
Triceps rope pull downs: 4x55x12
Treadmill interval 20 minutes

Looking back on this, the numbers are damn depressing. I feel like I am going backward looking at the volume. However I guess It’s part of trying to fix whats broken, without stopping completely. Funny thing is the dumbbell and cable stuff doesn’t hurt, the barbell shit hurts like hell!! SSSOOOO I guess I will try to learn from that for a while. I may be a slow talking, bad writing southerner; but I’m only part ways stoopid!! Looks like I’m going to spend a few weeks doing a lot of pulling and a lot of dumbbells!

It’s a nice foggy morning today. The humidity will be good and high. It’s a good day for the patio work I have to do. I salvaged some old street pavers from the turn of the century. The streets of my hometown were paved with them. I’m going to put them in part d a brick patio. They will go nicely with the old sailing ship ballast stones I got out of the river back in the winter during a 3 day northeaster. At least I’ll be sweating today.

JW’s Sunday thought: When the authorities warn you of the dangers of having sex, there is an important lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities.

Monday morning workout

Rubber band dislocates: 20 reps
YWTL Shoulder warm up: 8 lbs
Squat in the Smith: 20x115
Now that I’m all warmed up:
Tortureplex; 5 sets Stiff legged dead lifts 115x6, Clean pulls 115x6, bent row 115x6, OHP 70x10, Squat in the smith 115x10

Nothing special about today. I wish I had some great numbers to record. I’m going to raise some weights on this to help the intensity. I need to feel like I’m moving forward somewhere! I think I’ll take a page from the experienced lifters and pull a bunch. I’ll move to more dumbbell work for my presses. I’m damn afraid of dips, but I have a hankering to try. I feel about as useful as teats on a boar hog here lately.

More T-boomers today. I hope we can get out to the baseball game tonight with the college players and wooden bats. It’s not supposed to be steamy!

JW’s Monday musing: I don’t do drugs. I am at the age where I get the same effect just standing up fast.