Rumblin', Stumblin', Bumblin' to 50

Who’d a thunk I’d reach the post limit.

Repeat from today’s post.
Monday morning workout…

YTWL shoulder warm up : 5 lbs
Squat in the Smith: 20x115
Tortureplex: 5 sets 7 reps
Treadmill interval: 20 minutes

I raised the we weight on the ‘big’ bar to 135. I’m doing a 135 stiff leg deadlift, high pull, and bent row. I still use 70 lbs on the OHP and squat. My fucking shoulder still hurts. Ran an interval. I was still sweating 2 Ã??Ã?½ hours later

JW’s 31 observations of living thru the eye of a Cat 2 storm named Isabel:

1.Coffee and frozen pizzas can be made on a BBQ grill.
2. No matter how many times you flick the switch, lights don’t work without electricity.
3. My car gets 23.21675 miles per gallon, EXACTLY (you can ask the people in line who helped me push it).
4. Kids can survive 4 days or longer without a video game controller in their hand.
5. He who has the biggest generator wins.
6. Women can actually survive without doing their hair – you just wish they weren’t around you.
7. A new method of non-lethal torture – cold showers
8. Dominion North Carolina Power and NCDOT are the same company – not really, but their abilities to plan are strikingly similar.
9. There are a lot more stars in the sky than most people thought.
10. TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful.
11. A 7 lb bag of ice will chill six 12-oz Rolling Rock’s to a drinkable temperature in 11 minutes, and still keep a 14 pound turkey frozen for 8 more hours.
12. There are a lot of damn trees around here.
13. Flood plain drawings on some mortgage documents were seriously wrong.
14. Contrary to most Eastern North Carolinians’ beliefs, speed limits on roads without traffic lights does not increase.
15. Aluminum siding, while aesthetically pleasing, is definitely not required.
16. Just because you’re 45 doesn’t mean you can stay out as late as you want. At least that’s what the NCHP said during a curfew stop.
17. Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the sound of 14 generators.
18. People will get into a line that has already formed without having any idea what the line is for.
19. When required, a Lincoln Continental will float; it doesn’t steer well, but it floats just the same.
20. Some things do keep the mailman from his appointed rounds.
21. Cell phones work when land lines are down, but only as long as the battery remains charged.
22. 27 of your neighbors are fed from a different transformer than you, and they are quick to point that out!
23, Hampers can only contain a certain amount of clothes
24. If I had a store that sold only ice, chain saws, gas and generators…I’d be rich.
25. Price of peanut butter and bread rises 200% in a storm
26. Your waterfront property can quickly become someone else’s fishing hole.
27. Tree service companies are underappreciated
28. I learned what happens when you make fun of another state’s blackout.
29. MATH 101: 30 days in month, minus 6 days without power equals 30% higher electric bill
30. Drywall is a compound word, take away the 'dry" part and its worthless.
31. I can walk a lot farther than I thought.

Oh, attached is the log we recieved today. I’m going to need some Primacord and a good demo guy to get this one smaller.

The big log on the ground. Nothing like a challenge.

Good grief! What kind of tree is that?

I thought it quite funny that DCA’s post warning you of the post limit put you over the top…

Nice tree, by the way…

When is the log throwing contest?

I’ve been poking around. Anybody above 1300 is getting flagged at the very next post. Except HT and I think it’s because his thread is on the page 2.

I loved the random thougts-
sprints and tourture plexes are well tourture.
Nice work and yes nice wood.
I walked 12 miles from the bottom of Brooklyn back to Manhattan-
when we had the black out here.

kmc

I am seeing what the charming one is too,
all my peeps are getting locked.

as much as I want to its lame to edit or its draconian
its probably to keep the site moving quickly vs slowly…

kmc

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Good grief! What kind of tree is that?[/quote]

Its a Acajou… or something. We are literally going to have to blast it into pieces to saw.

Tuesday morning workout

Squat in the Smith: 115x20, 135x10, 2x185x5, 2x205x5, 2x225x5
Isometric Ab twisty things: 3 sets 30 second holds, each side
Decline leg raises: sets of 20, 15, and 11
Floor wipers: 10 reps

It’s 8 a.m. I’m sore as hell. What was I thinking today???

JW’s morning musing: I believe the sole purpose of a child’s middle name, is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble…

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
LittleStrick wrote:

Its a Acajou… or something. We are literally going to have to blast it into pieces to saw. [/quote]

You know, it never crossed my mind that explosives might be required when working with wood. If I had known that, I might have a different profession! Which may be why I was never informed…

Wednesday morning workout

YTWL shoulder warm up: 5 lbs
Squat in the smith: 20x115
Tortureplexes: 5 sets 7 reps, with 135 and 70 pounds

The conditioning workout got the best of me today. By the time I finished the complexes I was weak in my knees. It’s been hot here and I haven’t been eating much for lunch and supper. I think It go the best of me this morning. I made it thru the intervals. I was definitely a stuck pig by the time I headed for the ranch.

JW’s thought of the day: A bargain: something you cannot use at a price you cannot resist.

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
LittleStrick wrote:

Its a Acajou… or something. We are literally going to have to blast it into pieces to saw. [/quote]

Nothin’ doin’.

Here is your tool. You should have no less than 2 years of solid workouts with this puppy, that log, and a friend. :wink:

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
LittleStrick wrote:

Got a couple of brother’s can help. One with a saw, check my profile, and one that’s real good at blowing shit up. You goin use shaped charges and try and split it?

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
j_willy3 wrote:
LittleStrick wrote:

Its a Acajou… or something. We are literally going to have to blast it into pieces to saw.

You know, it never crossed my mind that explosives might be required when working with wood. If I had known that, I might have a different profession! Which may be why I was never informed…[/quote]

Do you drill the hole from the end or from the side to put the explosive in? How much is typically used? Do you have to pack the hole again to contain the concussion? I image that the hole would act like the bore of an unrifled cannon if you didn’t.

This is serious man zone- big machinery and blowing stuff up.

kmc

Hel, DCA, and all. In the old days the old timers would take a big ole Poulan or Homelite saw to cut a scarfing cut along the length of the log then you would drive wedges in the saw cut with a 12 lb hammer. They would take a big boring bit and drill holes along the cut and fill them with black powder or even fertilizer and desil fuel. Stick a fuse in it and run like hell!

I have been told we could cut a notch along the log and use primacord to blast it in half. We have some of those Blackwater cats up here and a bunch of retired Seals that do blasting around here. They have the licenses and stuff. I’m sure a shape charge would work best.

Hel, you think your brother Remi would like to take on one of these African Mahogany logs? Our crawfish aint worth a shit up here, but we have some mean shrimp, rockfish and softshells. Iâ??ll ice the beer too!

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
Hel, DCA, and all. In the old days the old timers would take a big ole Poulan or Homelite saw to cut a scarfing cut along the length of the log then you would drive wedges in the saw cut with a 12 lb hammer. They would take a big boring bit and drill holes along the cut and fill them with black powder or even fertilizer and desil fuel. Stick a fuse in it and run like hell!

I have been told we could cut a notch along the log and use primacord to blast it in half. We have some of those Blackwater cats up here and a bunch of retired Seals that do blasting around here. They have the licenses and stuff. I’m sure a shape charge would work best.

Hel, you think your brother Remi would like to take on one of these African Mahogany logs? Our crawfish aint worth a shit up here, but we have some mean shrimp, rockfish and softshells. Iâ??ll ice the beer too!
[/quote]

Dang - could probably use a nice cheap craigslist 20 gigajoule carbon dioxide laser about now…

Thursday morning workout
Squats in the Smith: 115x20, 135x8, 2x185x5, 2x205x5, 2x225x5
Isometric rubber band twisty ab hold thing: 3 each side, 30 seconds each
Decline leg raises: sets of 20, 20, 14
Floor wipers: sets of 12, 10 and 6

My grilled tuna and broccoli for supper didn’t last long. I was a breakfast wanting puppy half way thru this workout. My dad has brought me one of these infrared deep penetrating light things for my shoulder. He swears it will help. I’m going to try it in a minute. I sure hope he is right!

JW’s thought for the day: Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he’ll never be able to edge his car onto a freeway

Thursday evening workout
YTWL Shoulder warm up 5 lbs
Decline presses in the smith: 135x20, 2x135x15
Decline dumbbell presses: 3x45x15
Triceps extension: 1x45x8

Felt like an upside down day. Shoulder/ deltoid/ biceps started to hurt like hell. Went home and put the Lumen photon therapy lights on it. Iâ??m not sure if they help

Friday morning workout

YTWL shoulder warm up 5 lbs
Squat in the smith: 115x20
Non-pressing complex 5x115x7 (Stiff leg dead lift, High pull, bent row, Squat in the smith)
Treadmill intervals: 20 minutes

I changed my complex around. I think I will do this for a while anyway. While I hate the Smith, doing the squats over there allows me to use more weight, so the whole complex is more difficult.

As I walked out of the gym boxer-cell phone dude was sitting on the porch, texting away with 2 lit cigarettes burning. I guess he needed to get ‘fired up’ for his workout. In less sexy news, we aren’t going to blast split my big logs. My guys are going to build a big assed splitter saw. Itâ??s not as sexy as Primacord, c-4 or a shape charge, but a helluva lot safer.

JW’s Friday thought of fancy and whimsy: Why is it that when you’re driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Saturday morning workout

YTWL shoulder warm up: 5 lbs
Front raise in the Smith: 95x15, 3x95x12
Chest supported dumbbell rows: 4x35x12
Lat Pull down machine: 4x110x15
Face pulls: 4x35x20
Curl and press: 3x65x8

I’ll admit, my shoulder is getting me down. Yesterday I resided to the fact I needed to find a Doctor. My Dad gave me an infrared lumen therapy thing and I have tried it on a lark. Supposedly its supposed to help stimulate blood flow and accelerate the healing process. It says use 3 times a day for 15 minutes each time. Of course I use the Tim the Tool Man approach and opt for more power. It’s 3 times a day for 60 minutes on the varying light levels. I’ll be damned if I dont think this thing is working!! It may be hope. It may be the change in sleeping positions. It may be the lights. I’m going to take some of that glucosomine stuff today, and that may be helping too. I just hope some combination does the trick.

Light on the weights, increase the reps for a while. We will see what happens.

JW’s Thought of the day: Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.