Rules for HS Budds

Hi guys. I’m putting together a workout group of rather, err… less informed high school students my age. I am working on a handy-dandy list of general rules for them to follow to ensure that we all get the most out of our workouts.

Here is what i have. Please give me your comments and SUGGESTIONS for more rules like this. Remember this is for high school students.

Weight Room Contract
Date: __________

I, ______ _____ __ _____________, hereby agree to the following rules and conditions proposed by my training partner Miller Williams and will follow them to the extent of my power.

1. Refrain from wearing perfume or cologne, or massive amounts of deodorant in the gym.
  2. Don?t use the squat rack or the power rack to do curls.
  3. Leave the cell phone in your locker.
  4. Be responsible. This means being on time to pre-arranged workouts and coordinating this time with workout partners, not staying up late before a workout, etc.
  5. Rack your weights when you?re done.
  6. Offer your weightlifting opinion if asked, not otherwise.
  7. Stay focused on the task. No horsing around until we?re done with the workout. We will be fast and efficient.
  8. No talks WHATSOEVER of tea bagging someone performing bench press.

Lets see what you’ve got!

1. No stopping to talk to girls, no talking about girls, no hinting of anything female. This is time to focus on self improvement/destruction. We’ll spend the other 23 hours of our day focused on the opposite sex.

Change 8 to keep all homosexual comments to yourself. Don’t give a shit about your tendencies. Or desires for the rest of us to see/feel your sack.

Gym time is the time to be brutally honest with your strength’s and weaknesses. Like conan’s dad said (to paraphrase), you can’t trust women or children or even your friends, flesh is weak but this points at steel sword…or barbell in this case THIS is strong.

Search for a past Atomic Dog that addressed this issue too. Might just print that out for them haha.

1. The gym is not a place to bitch about how tough your day was, or how tough your life is, or how that cute girl talk in math class won’t talk to you. It is a place to become better than what you are now, so act like it.

This is some funny shit.

[quote]sinnaman18 wrote:

1. No talks WHATSOEVER of tea bagging someone performing bench press.

Lets see what you’ve got![/quote]

Here are a few thoughts you can take or leave.

Some safety rules:

1. Wear shoes at all times. (I’ve crushed a toe, it’s a good rule.)

2. Keep your butt on the bench when benching. (So many guys take their hips way off the bench, it’s not good.)

Some etiquette Rules:

1. Bring a towl and wipe up your sweat.

2. Make sure nobody is using a bar or machine before unloading it.

3. Ask before changing the music.

Some work ethic rules:

1. I will build my routine around the core lifts - squat, dead, bench, chin, row, overhead press.

General Rules:

1. I will not drop weights on the floor.

good stuff, heres the updated version.

Weight Room Contract

I, ______ _____ __ _____________, hereby agree to the following rules and conditions proposed by my training partner Miller Williams and will follow them to the extent of my power.

1. Refrain from wearing perfume or cologne, or massive amounts of deodorant in the gym.
  4. Be responsible. This means being on time to pre-arranged workouts and coordinating this time with workout partners, not staying up late before a workout, keeping current on your showers etc.
  7. Stay focused on the task. No horsing around until we?re done with the workout. We will be fast and efficient.
  8. No talks WHATSOEVER of tea bagging someone performing bench press. Keep all homosexual comments to yourself.
  9. No stopping to talk to girls, no talking about girls, no hinting of anything female. This is time to focus on self improvement. We’ll spend the other 23 hours of our day focused on the opposite sex.

I know theres more out there. Help me out here!

No comments or joking around about the amount of weight being used. Form is more important and you’re there to get stronger. If someone starts low, it’s only important that he’s lifting, not that it’s not as much as anyone else.
Support only.

No suggestions to blow off the session, ever.

No talking about how tired you are.

[quote]sinnaman18 wrote:

1. Refrain from wearing perfume or cologne, or massive amounts of deodorant in the gym[/quote]

Fuck this. Refrain from walking into the gym in clothes that haven’t seen detergent since that whole “Watergait” thing while smelling like a natural blend of onions, feet, and boo’dussy.

Just in case you are so sheltered as to not know what boo’dussy is, it refers to booty, dick and pussy. That’s what showers are for.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
sinnaman18 wrote:

1. Refrain from wearing perfume or cologne, or massive amounts of deodorant in the gym

Fuck this. Refrain from walking into the gym in clothes that haven’t seen detergent since that whole “Watergait” thing while smelling like a natural blend of onions, feet, and boo’dussy.

Just in case you are so sheltered as to not know what boo’dussy is, it refers to booty, dick and pussy. That’s what showers are for.[/quote]

I personally hate both ends of the spectrum. How bout a shower now and then, wear some deodorant, and clean your clothes?

#6 makes the whole thing null and void.
How about a wolf pack society. You run with the wolves or you are cast out.
Rules when I was in H.S.

1. No guns in the wieght room.
    2.If you are too stoned, don’t bother.
    But that was probably a different crowd than yours. Most of them are dead now.

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
Rules when I was in H.S.

[/quote]

We must be from the same city. Ours were:

1. Don’t sell crack in the gym
  2. If you sell crack anyway, don’t sell it to the students on this campus
  3. If you don’t go to this school and can read this sign, we’re calling the cops.

[quote]John K wrote:
Here are a few thoughts you can take or leave.

General Rules:

1. I will not drop weights on the floor.

[/quote]

What if you are training oly lifts? I personally love the sound of weights crushing the floor!

mindeffer01 wrote:
Rules when I was in H.S.

We must be from the same city. Ours were:

1. Don’t sell crack in the gym
  2. If you sell crack anyway, don’t sell it to the students on this campus
  3. If you don’t go to this school and can read this sign, we’re calling the cops.
    [/quote]

LAUGH. Thats great stuff, i was tempted to put it on here.

About the weights not hitting the floor: i find it alot faster to drop the weights when you’re shedding weight on the bench and squat so… i would be guilty of this one… i dont think its bad etiquette unless you’re in a ‘less-than-hardcore’ gym.

Heres the updated version.

Weight Room Contract

4. Be responsible. This means being on time to pre-arranged workouts and coordinating this time with workout partners, not staying up late before a workout, keeping current on your showers etc.
  8. No talks WHATSOEVER of tea bagging someone performing bench press. Keep all homosexual comments to yourself.
  9. No stopping to talk to girls, no talking about girls, no hinting of anything female. This is time to focus on self improvement. We’ll spend the other 23 hours of our day focused on the opposite sex.
  10. No comments or joking around about the amount of weight being used. Form is more important and you’re there to get stronger. If someone starts low, it’s only important that they are lifting.
  11. No suggestions to blow off the session, ever.
  12. No talking about how tired you are, what a bad day you?ve had, or what an asshole your [insert relation here] is.

Anything else to add? What stupid things did your workout partners do in high school that you wish you could’ve prevented?

Rules for our weightroom:

1. No sitting down-I train athletes not bench warmers.
  2. Wear your gear-if you play a sport for us, wear your shirt/shorts.
  3. No Bullshitting
  4. Use proper technique
  5. Clean up your weights-return to proper place.
  6. If you make a mess, clean it up.
  7. Use chalk, that’s why we have it.
  8. If you don’t like the music, too bad.
  9. Train with INTENSITY!

Just in case you are so sheltered as to not know what boo’dussy is, it refers to booty, dick and pussy. That’s what showers are for.[/quote]

jesus… hahaha! Thanks for that.