Rule About Helping?

this has happened to everyone on this site. guaranteed. is there some point at which you attempt to help someone with piss poor form, or point out something that would tremendously aid their progress, but w/o appearing as the “guy that thinks he knows all”?

Examples would include: kids that bench and do curls…and thats it, women who never change routines or the amount of weight/reps, terrible technique…etc.

Don’t offer suggestions unless someone asks for your advice. Other people’s training routines, no matter how bad, are none of your business. Even with the best intentions, you can’t stop an accident from happening. The best you can do to help some people is call 911 afterwards.

I never help anyone, becaouse people don’t appreciate good advices.

(or maybe it’s becaouse I work in my home-gym hmmm?)

Don’t bother man, it’s not worth the frustration.

If they come to you help away.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Don’t offer suggestions unless someone asks for your advice. Other people’s training routines, no matter how bad, are none of your business. Even with the best intentions, you can’t stop an accident from happening. The best you can do to help some people is call 911 afterwards.[/quote]

Agreed. Most people know everything so your advice won’t help them. Just ask them and they will tell you as much. My policy is just leave others to their own devices, regardless of their stupidity level. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for helping where I can, but only when asked.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Franco is pretty smart, but Franco’s a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it’s not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices.

If you are big and strong, people will either a) ask you for advice or b) mimic what you are doing. If you notice b), and want to be a good guy, help them out.

If you’re not being asked for advice, you likely don’t look the part. (Of course, if you wear an MP3 player, that’s another story.) So why would anyone want your advice?

The only time I would offer advice unsolicited would be if someone looked like they might hurt themselves. After that if they didn’t listen tough shit, you tried.