Ruggers - Roll Call!

Hey there,

I’ve noticed quite a few rugby mentions around the forums (I’m pretty new here) - so, ruggers, introduce yourself!

I’m 22, living in Portland, Oregon, and I play hooker for the Reed College Griffins, and captain the team. I’ve been playing for 5 years, in the NW Cascade league, against a mix of Div I and II teams (played everyone from Western Oregon to UCS and UW, BYU).

How about you?

28, I’ve played everything from hooker to fullback. I think the only places I haven’t played is 8 and second row. (Yes, I tried my had at prop once, it was quite funny.) I’ve been playing for 10 years, and am on a local team and two travel teams.

I have been playing Rugby for one season/year. I am a freshman in college and decided it looked like a kick ass sport. I am about to start the spring season again and I am pumped as hell. I play Flanker right now, and have played a couple different back positions. The college I play for now is not very competative, but next year due to a transfer I will be going to a DII school so I need to start working my ass off to play.

Danny

I’m 19 and play scrum-half for a men’s club team here in Hartford. Earlier this year I played scrum half and flanker for the Coast Guard Academy prior to my departure. We were undefeated when I left and ended up getting 2nd in New Englands and 2nd in Northeasterns (DII) I plan on playing again in college when I go back next year.

Do you mean USC, the Trojans, the school of the gods, or is there really a UCS out there?

haha, I meant University of California Sacremento (sp?).

USC, school of the Gods? Not so sure about that, but I hear they have a fit rugby program - of course, those damn northern-california teams kill all of us, so…