Rugby Season!

I like the direction this thread is taking!

Imagine finding a girl wearing this…

I suddenly completely forgive Munster for crushing USA…

Played for a few years in college and Uni, till I broke my wrist. Worst day ever! But I can’t wait for ireland vs wales tomorrow. Used to be a winger/center Tana Umaga style BTW.

hooker or blind side flanker

currently covered in sand gnat bites from an awesome tourney weekend in Savannah GA.

off to Indy tomorrow…

hahah FOUND IT.

dudes i cannont convey how massivly thick this chick is.

btw, her underware says ‘ruck me’ on the front.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
hahah FOUND IT.

dudes i cannont convey how massivly thick this chick is.

btw, her underware says ‘ruck me’ on the front.[/quote]

That’s pretty awesome haha.

I have a shirt that says, “I can ruck all day”

I’m a Kiwi, playing and coaching in Ireland. Coming to the end of the season with my team pushing for promotion, only 3-4 games left and I tear my meniscus and have all bit fully torn my ACL. Could not’ve happened at a worser time, but them’s the breaks in rugby. One surgery down and will have to wait a few wks till I can get my ACL repaired so will be out till Nov/Dec at the earliest.

Just hurt my shoulder today, after having dislocated it twice in an American football game at a previous date. I thought I was ready for this season, I hope I’m not mistaken! :open_mouth:

Haha and zelazo, you guys are hosting that jamboree right?

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
Just hurt my shoulder today, dislocated it twice in a American football game already. I thought I was ready for the season, I hope I’m not mistaken :open_mouth:

Haha and zelazo, you guys are hosting that jamboree right? [/quote]

I feel ya…I have AC Joint problems in both shoulders and dislocated one of them during spring football. Now right before the season I pulled my hamstring…but hell if that’ll stop me from playing!

And are we? I only know of the CT tourny in Yale.

I’m a flanker or No.8. I am 38 and still playing socially, though my main focus now is coaching.

[quote]Zelazo wrote:
TheSolution wrote:
Just hurt my shoulder today, dislocated it twice in a American football game already. I thought I was ready for the season, I hope I’m not mistaken :open_mouth:

Haha and zelazo, you guys are hosting that jamboree right?

I feel ya…I have AC Joint problems in both shoulders and dislocated one of them during spring football. Now right before the season I pulled my hamstring…but hell if that’ll stop me from playing!

And are we? I only know of the CT tourny in Yale.[/quote]

Yes I believe so… 4 days after playing our game, according to our schedule. I hope we play another night game, last years game was the funnest of the season. You should also ask your coach if you could bring a side to the new haven 7s tournament hosted by us… So much fun, and last year there was 16 mens sides, and 8 u19s, and it’s growing every year. We even almost beat greenwhich! :open_mouth: hahaha

By almost, you mean they beat you 50-0 right? hahaha

But yeah our schedule ends after our game with you but that was only the temp schedule we got. I’ll definitely check it out.

About time a thread like this popped up. I proudly play as what i like to call in my opinion the worlds SMALLEST collegiate prop. Its fine cause im kinda short, strog as shit and just a total asshole in rucks. Im transferring to a different college in the fall clser to my house that doesnt have a rugby team so Im bouncing around at a tryout for a new position with a mens club team near my house.

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
About time a thread like this popped up. I proudly play as what i like to call in my opinion the worlds SMALLEST collegiate prop. Its fine cause im kinda short, strog as shit and just a total asshole in rucks. Im transferring to a different college in the fall clser to my house that doesnt have a rugby team so Im bouncing around at a tryout for a new position with a mens club team near my house.[/quote]

Sadly very few places have rugby as a collegiate sport. The good thing though, is that everywhere you go you can find a club!

What are your stats? I’m currently a prop at 6’1", 210 lbs.

We probably have a similar build then, im only 5’8 but sit @ 170 on a full belly. Im not the best prop for the sole fact my size is just retardly small but just strong as shit for my weight.

i found a mens club that preactices only 20 min from my house so i did a couple walk-in practices with them (thats why rugby is great, anyone willing to try can just walk on a few times) and just scratched their head when i told them my spot.

I tried rolling outside the scrum but my ball handling is just not where it should be for being out wide. I know you said it earlier but where you playin at?

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
We probably have a similar build then, im only 5’8 but sit @ 170 on a full belly. Im not the best prop for the sole fact my size is just retardly small but just strong as shit for my weight.

i found a mens club that preactices only 20 min from my house so i did a couple walk-in practices with them (thats why rugby is great, anyone willing to try can just walk on a few times) and just scratched their head when i told them my spot.

I tried rolling outside the scrum but my ball handling is just not where it should be for being out wide. I know you said it earlier but where you playin at?[/quote]

I’m only 16 so I play for my town’s U19 Club.

And I feel you on lack of ball handling skills…if it weren’t for my tackling and ability to clear a ruck I’d be out of a spot on the team :stuck_out_tongue:

Luckily for me, Rutgers has a club team.

[quote]Zelazo wrote:
DragnCarry wrote:
A prop at 210? Don’t you have fat guys in Connecticut?

I’m 16.[/quote]

Check out rugby.com.au in a couple of days for the Round 6 highlights, Benn Robinson in Waratahs v Crusaders. Inspirational for other props if they show the full thing (not just him busting through the defence to score).

6’1" at 16? A future second rower I would think.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
Zelazo wrote:
DragnCarry wrote:
A prop at 210? Don’t you have fat guys in Connecticut?

I’m 16.

Check out rugby.com.au in a couple of days for the Round 6 highlights, Benn Robinson in Waratahs v Crusaders. Inspirational for other props if they show the full thing (not just him busting through the defence to score).

6’1" at 16? A future second rower I would think.

[/quote]

Will do. My inspiration at prop right now is Matekitonga Moeakiola. I got to see him play live and stand less than two feet away from him; and he completely overshadowed me. The guy’s legs were the width of my torso.

And yeah, last season I played flanker/second row but I just happen to be one of the strongest forwards on my team so I’m most likely going to be looking at prop. Second row is my favorite position in the scrum though, so playing that in the future would be nice.