T Nation

Rugby Movie

Kind of just looks like never back down but with rugby instead, which pisses me off because rugby is the greatest sport on earth and now it is going to look gay as fuck.

On a side note, the guy that played Rudy from the movie Rudy is in the movie. Along with the guy that played Bill Lumberg in Office Space

After i posted this I looked up the cast and found out that the lead guy from never back down is also the lead guy in the rugby movie forever strong.

gay.

fuck this… no offence, but if there was going to be a rugby film, someone from europe would have done it.

It looks like it id going to very “american” for a want of a better word.

and y the fuck is he wearing 2 on his back, then talking about being this prolific try scorer, and then it shows him kicking. i think this film will be FULL of incosistencies about the game.

it just stinks of someone rewriting “remember the titans” and “Friday Night Lights” but replacing the game with rugby. for a quick buck.

Of course ill watch it when it comes out. But i don’t think ill like it.

Scott

and y are they doing the HAKA…

apparently the haka is a great american high school tradition

Canberra RAIDERS jjjjjeeeeeaaaaaaa

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
apparently the haka is a great american high school tradition[/quote]

and their trying to sell “rugby is all about tradition” etc

its not a tradition if you steal it off someone else just cuz its “cool”.

The Haka is a pretty sacred thing, and has huge history:

and the american schools perform it in a different language aswell. WTF.

thats nearly as bad a country stealing another countrys national anthem.

Scott

everyone disrespects the haka, just go on you tube and type it in.

i saw a video of a bunch of mormons performing the haka on there.

looks so gay.

I saw this bullshit on TV a few weeks ago.

This is gay. If you don’t know anything about rugby, your going to get the completely wrong idea. If you do know anything rugby, this turns into a comedy.

Some guy goes to prison and has a chance to be let out because of rugby? Am I understanding this?

And I love how they act like rugby has a huge following like highschool and college football in this country. This looks like a made for TV movie.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:

thats nearly as bad a country stealing another country’s national anthem.

Scott[/quote]

Not necessarily…you might as well go ahead and say that non-Polynesian descendant players for the All Blacks shouldn’t perform the “haka” if thats the case…

After seeing these guys do it…who wouldn’t want to? Especially considering the demography of their student/ athletes:

But this movie does look stupid…doesn’t look to do any justice for rugby…I’d rather watch “Goal 2.”

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
everyone disrespects the haka, just go on you tube and type it in.

i saw a video of a bunch of mormons performing the haka on there.[/quote]

I fucking hate BYU…but you did notice that they were Pacific Islanders performing the dance. BYU also has had 2 players that trace there ancestors to the Maori tribe.

Fucking Mormons…but it’s legit.

BYU also has a top ranked Rugby team as they tend to recruit heavily from the Pacific rim.

I love rugby but I think I’m gonna Hate this movie.

I like the traditional dances of some of the other pacific island nations. The Samoan HAKA is badass.

Dito on rugby is about tradition, but make your own. I love our club songs and drinking games and all that shit. Some of it is “borrowed” but most of it is club tradition.

I also agree with whoever said this movie shouldn’t be made in the US.

[quote]Doyle wrote:
I love rugby but I think I’m gonna Hate this movie.
I like the traditional dances of some of the other pacific island nations. The Samoan HAKA is badass.

Dito on rugby is about tradition, but make your own. I love our club songs and drinking games and all that shit. Some of it is “borrowed” but most of it is club tradition.
I also agree with whoever said this movie shouldn’t be made in the US. [/quote]

x2

“borrowing” the traditions like drinking games and songs is fine if its taught to you. eg. by a touring team or eve when your on a tour. we went to argentina for a tour and learnt a whole new song book and many new games.

this film is nearly as bad as an american company makeing a movie about cricket.

can you imagine pakistan trying to make a film about American Football… it wouldnt happen.

if pakistan mad a movie about football id probaly pay to see it.

Typical formulaic garbage. Seriously, you could use the exact same template in the trailer for like 100 different shitty movies.

“IN A WORLD WHERE <1>. NOW, <2>, FUELED BY <3>, TRIES TO DISCOVER THAT <4>. <5>, COMING THIS SUMMER”

<1>: Some Pseudo-Poetic shit that sounds kind of cool until you clue in that it means absolutely nothing whatsoever. ie: "Legends, are revered. And brotherhood, is swift…Only the hardened survive.

<2>: Some ridiculous edgy-sounding name that no one would ever be called in real life. “Rook Edgestorm” or some such shit.

<3>: Usually some fiery-sounding noun. “Fury”, “Rage”, “Burning tradition”, etc

<4>: Meaningless cryptic bullshit, again. “Staying hungry, means keeping on the edge” or “The only thing holding him back, is whats driving him forward”

<5>: Some piece-of-shit title designed to hold the gnat-like attention spans of the target audience…teenage males wearing TapOut t-shirts and huffing solvent fumes in an alleyway.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Typical formulaic garbage. Seriously, you could use the exact same template in the trailer for like 100 different shitty movies.

“IN A WORLD WHERE <1>. NOW, <2>, FUELED BY <3>, TRIES TO DISCOVER THAT <4>. <5>, COMING THIS SUMMER”

<1>: Some Pseudo-Poetic shit that sounds kind of cool until you clue in that it means absolutely nothing whatsoever. ie: "Legends, are revered. And brotherhood, is swift…Only the hardened survive.

<2>: Some ridiculous edgy-sounding name that no one would ever be called in real life. “Rook Edgestorm” or some such shit.

<3>: Usually some fiery-sounding noun. “Fury”, “Rage”, “Burning tradition”, etc

<4>: Meaningless cryptic bullshit, again. “Staying hungry, means keeping on the edge” or “The only thing holding him back, is whats driving him forward”

<5>: Some piece-of-shit title designed to hold the gnat-like attention spans of the target audience…teenage males wearing TapOut t-shirts and huffing solvent fumes in an alleyway. [/quote]

EPIC

this is quite honestly the most embaressing thing I’ve ever seen.

and American guys doing the Haka…God i hope that doesn’t make its way back to NZ

Man i wish i never clicked that.

That trailer is almmost laughable

Check out “The Last Winter” great Australian film about rugby.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
apparently the haka is a great american high school tradition

and their trying to sell “rugby is all about tradition” etc

its not a tradition if you steal it off someone else just cuz its “cool”.

The Haka is a pretty sacred thing, and has huge history:

and the american schools perform it in a different language aswell. WTF.

thats nearly as bad a country stealing another countrys national anthem.

Scott[/quote]

Remember what happened Brian O’Driscoll when he disrepected The Haka… I’d love to see the NZ boys get at the film makers.