T Nation

Rugby in Massachusetts?

So, I just moved back to Mass and am starting to get really antsy for something else to do. I’ve established lifting as a staple in my life, but am looking for more (always hungry for more). I used to play ice hockey and could get back into that, but I want to try something a little more physical (hockey’s physical but there’s a lack of full-contact men’s leagues and I love that aspect of the game).

Does anyone here know of how/where I can start playing rugby up here? I just contacted one of the teams I found on the inter-webz, but always need a good contingency plan.

I live around the Cape Cod area but I’m open to travel a few hours to play, so…there’s that.

Let me know if you know …

Not from mass, just found these men’s club teams.

http://www.nsrfc.com/

Thanks … there’s a ssrfc out there too … I sent them an email earlier today … haven’t heard anything back yet … appreciate the old gold find though … def. worth looking into

maybe in the western area or 978

but in boston/metro only sport people play are basketball and soccer.

post something on craigslist looking to start a leauge. theres a lot of MA people here too, maybe theyd get involved?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
maybe in the western area or 978

but in boston/metro only sport people play are basketball and soccer.

post something on craigslist looking to start a leauge. theres a lot of MA people here too, maybe theyd get involved?[/quote]

This is not true at all. There are plenty of rugby teams around Boston. You can check out nerfu.org and see for yourself. Teams in Boston area: Boston Irish Wolfhounds, Boston RFC, Charles River RFC, Old Gold, South Shore RFC, and many more. All these teams compete all over New England.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
So, I just moved back to Mass and am starting to get really antsy for something else to do. I’ve established lifting as a staple in my life, but am looking for more (always hungry for more). I used to play ice hockey and could get back into that, but I want to try something a little more physical (hockey’s physical but there’s a lack of full-contact men’s leagues and I love that aspect of the game).

Does anyone here know of how/where I can start playing rugby up here? I just contacted one of the teams I found on the inter-webz, but always need a good contingency plan.

I live around the Cape Cod area but I’m open to travel a few hours to play, so…there’s that.

Let me know if you know …[/quote]

What position do you play?