T Nation

Rudy Giuliani - Asshole

I really hope the Republican Party doesn’t mortgage what little is left of its soul to have a slightly better chance at the White House:

http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?section=root&name=ViewWeb&articleId=12632

He’s the only one that can take NY from Hillary. Hell, she’ll get California easily, along with Illinois. He’s the only chance we have.

Also, Americans were tricked by Bush and the no-backbone Congress into a false view of Conservatism. No conservative could win now.

Imagine Hillary at the helm and Nancy at the other, along with Harry Reid. OMG, we’d be beyond goat-fucked.

I’d rather not vote for Giuliani. I’ve never wanted to see him become president. However, I’ll vote for him over Hillary any day of the week.

Sloth,

I disagree vehemently.

First of all, that article reeks of a liberal stooge. (“four strong candidates”?!?)

Second, aren’t you tired of nice guy Repulicans?

I want Rudy to attack these democrats head on.

My head SPINS when I think of the things Bush should be hammering the democrats on TODAY.

Day after day, I want this bunch of democrats assailed until they stop/reverse their course left.

I’ll bet Rudy won’t make the same mistakes.

I’ll bet he drives the agenda as hard as he attacked the crime wave in New York.

This is the sort of leader we desperately need.

Tough on crime, immigration, and the terrorists.

We need this guy, warts and all.

Oh, gdol, you and your democratic pals CANNOT castigate ANYONE’S personal life.

You can’t even discuss it as an issue.

We remember your precious billy boy.

If you do, please change your name to gdol/hypocrite.

Thanks.

JeffR

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]mick28 wrote:
Can you imagine that! A sleeze bag politician. I’ve never seen that before.[/quote]

Hey mickey,

Admit it, it’s going to be fun watching liberals try to impugne someone’s character.

Especially after 1992-2000.

In Rudy, there is a well spoken, tough as nails candidate.

He’s socially moderate.

It’s also going to be fun watching those tools who said they “vote for the best candidate even if they were a Republican” vote straight democrat (gdol) as usual.

“I vote the person, not the party.”

Bull.

JeffR

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
He’s the only one that can take NY from Hillary. [/quote]

No he can’t. Rudy ran against Hillary for her Senate seat, and he was on the verge of losing, until he pulled out for “health reasons”.

I hope that the GOP nominates Rudy, because he is utterly hopeless. He’s strong on national defense… wait, Rudy the Draft Dodger is strong on military issues? The guy who didn’t know his own Chief Of Police and business partner was mixed up with the Mob? The guy who put the NYC Emergency command center literally INSIDE the #1 terrorist target in the city of New York, in a building that also stored thousands of gallons of diesel fuel?

Explain to me his credentials… he was mayor of NYC on the day we got attacked? So what…? And then he showed up for work, unlike Bush and Cheney? Ooh, that’s really impressive. Those pictures of Rudy rushing to the scene on 911, are only because of his fatal blunder in locating his command center directly INSIDE the World Trade Center complex, against the advice of actual security experts.

And do you know why Giuliani put his command center there?

Because the owner, Larry Silverstein was a huge (huge) campaign contributor to Giuliani. And Silverstein had several floors in that building which he had been unable to rent for YEARS.

Oh wait, you hadn’t heard about that part of the 911 story? Well don’t worry, because the other GOP candidates will probably fill you in, during the GOP primaries. You’ll get a chance to learn a lot more about America’s Mayor and his right hand man Bernard Kerik, who Rudy tried to install as America’s head of Homeland Security, even though Kerik is a criminal. It’s going to be great.

Kerik’s legal troubles could damage the law-and-order image that is the bedrock of Giuliani’s campaign, said Republican political consultant Nelson Warfield, who is not aligned with any 2008 candidate. “Kerik has potential to undermine his image as a competent leader and someone best fit to fight terrorism,” Warfield said. “Either he had fundamentally bad information about Kerik, or he was reckless in not knowing enough about a man who was that close to him.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/30/AR2007033002425.html

So please make Rudy your candidate. That will guarantee a Jerry Springer style GOP primary season, where we have a public dialogue on important issues like cross-dressing. You’ll enjoy discussing the cross-dressing issue with your kids.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:

GO RUDY!!! I could really use the laughs after 6 years of Bush incompetence, failure and frustration.[/quote]

Just want to mark this post. You have no idea how much hatred of Hillary will work in Rudy’s favor. Conservatives will be beating down the doors to vote for her opponent. Rudy will win going away. I think that sucks, but that’s the way it will play out.

[quote]bradley wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
He’s the only one that can take NY from Hillary.

No he can’t. Rudy ran against Hillary for her Senate seat, and he was on the verge of losing, until he pulled out for “health reasons”.

I hope that the GOP nominates Rudy, because he is utterly hopeless. He’s strong on national defense… wait, Rudy the Draft Dodger is strong on military issues? The guy who didn’t know his own Chief Of Police and business partner was mixed up with the Mob? The guy who put the NYC Emergency command center literally INSIDE the #1 terrorist target in the city of New York, in a building that also stored thousands of gallons of diesel fuel?

Explain to me his credentials… he was mayor of NYC on the day we got attacked? So what…? And then he showed up for work, unlike Bush and Cheney? Ooh, that’s really impressive. Those pictures of Rudy rushing to the scene on 911, are only because of his fatal blunder in locating his command center directly INSIDE the World Trade Center complex, against the advice of actual security experts.

And do you know why Giuliani put his command center there?

Because the owner, Larry Silverstein was a huge (huge) campaign contributor to Giuliani. And Silverstein had several floors in that building which he had been unable to rent for YEARS.

Oh wait, you hadn’t heard about that part of the 911 story? Well don’t worry, because the other GOP candidates will probably fill you in, during the GOP primaries. You’ll get a chance to learn a lot more about America’s Mayor and his right hand man Bernard Kerik, who Rudy tried to install as America’s head of Homeland Security, even though Kerik is a criminal. It’s going to be great.

Kerik’s legal troubles could damage the law-and-order image that is the bedrock of Giuliani’s campaign, said Republican political consultant Nelson Warfield, who is not aligned with any 2008 candidate. “Kerik has potential to undermine his image as a competent leader and someone best fit to fight terrorism,” Warfield said. “Either he had fundamentally bad information about Kerik, or he was reckless in not knowing enough about a man who was that close to him.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/30/AR2007033002425.html

So please make Rudy your candidate. That will guarantee a Jerry Springer style GOP primary season, where we have a public dialogue on important issues like cross-dressing. You’ll enjoy discussing the cross-dressing issue with your kids.[/quote]

Good morning, bradley.

I wanted to point out how much joy you bring to my heart.

I give you sincere thanks.

The particular area of amusement that I wanted to highlight: bradley accusing someone of being a “draft dodger.”

Again, thank you, passionate supporter of bill clinton.

JeffR

“Rudy’s a draft dodger”
“Oh yeah? So was Billary.”
“I know you are, but what am I?”

All the party-line voters should just skip the foreplay and get straight to what really drives your voting choices.

Republican: “Anyone other than a lib”
Democrat: “Anyone other than a con”

All this “hypocrite” stuff is a joke. By pointing out the other guy’s hypocrisy you end up exposing your own.

Dems have supported veterans and Republicans have supported draft dodgers. Dems have supported racists and Republicans have supported social liberals. The tit-for-tat hypocrisy game never ends.

Forget about the stupid shit people did 30 fucking years ago and worry about what they’ll be doing 3 years from now.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
“Rudy’s a draft dodger”

All the party-line voters should just skip the foreplay and get straight to what really drives your voting choices.

All this “hypocrite” stuff is a joke. By pointing out the other guy’s hypocrisy you end up exposing your own.

Dems have supported veterans and Republicans have supported draft dodgers. Dems have supported racists and Republicans have supported social liberals. The tit-for-tat hypocrisy game never ends.

Forget about the stupid shit people did 30 fucking years ago and worry about what they’ll be doing 3 years from now.[/quote]

You’re blinded by your hate for America.

[quote]michael570 wrote:
“Rudy’s a draft dodger”

Forget about the stupid shit people did 30 fucking years ago and worry about what they’ll be doing 3 years from now.[/quote]

Hi, mikey,

Always nice to welcome an “independent” to the party.

Looks like bradley and I will have kinks in our necks from looking up to you.

Thanks for the neck pain,

JeffR

P.S. Anyone want to be this guy pulls a g-dol and votes straight democrat?

[quote]etaco wrote:
Michael570 wrote:
“Rudy’s a draft dodger”

Forget about the stupid shit people did 30 fucking years ago and worry about what they’ll be doing 3 years from now.

You’re blinded by your hate for America. [/quote]

Let me guess, “You’re for the common man.”

Anyone else tire of these clowns trying to act “above the fray?”

JeffR

[quote]etaco wrote:
You’re blinded by your hate for America. [/quote]

No, I’m blinded by my colon. Check my avatar.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Hi, mikey,

JeffR

[/quote]

Meh. We’ve played this game before Jeffrey. Not interested.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Hi, mikey,

JeffR

Meh. We’ve played this game before Jeffrey. Not interested.[/quote]

mikey,

I remember. I was hoping for part two!!!

Your response was easily top five, ever.

I’ll have to work on my psychology.

JeffR

[quote]Michael570 wrote:

Democrat: “Anyone other than a con
[/quote]

Apt choice for an abbreviation.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
mick28 wrote:
Can you imagine that! A sleeze bag politician. I’ve never seen that before.

Hey mickey,

Admit it, it’s going to be fun watching liberals try to impugne someone’s character.

He’s socially moderate.

It’s also going to be fun watching those tools who said they “vote for the best candidate even if they were a Republican” vote straight democrat (gdol) as usual.

Bull.

JeffR

[/quote]

Hey Jeff, do you believe independents exist, or does everyone fall into one of two camps, and cheerlead for their team, right or wrong? Just curious, do you believe in independent voters, or does everyone have to fall into one of two easy boxes for you? Saves you a lot of thinking, doesn’t it?

And I’ll happily vote for almost any of the Republicans (especially McCain, Huckabee, and Hagel) against any potential Democratic nominee. But if it’s Giuliani or Romney, I’ll be voting Libertarian.

[quote]gDollars37 wrote:
JeffR wrote:
mick28 wrote:
Can you imagine that! A sleeze bag politician. I’ve never seen that before.

Hey mickey,

He’s socially moderate.

Bull.

JeffR

Hey Jeff, do you believe independents exist, or does everyone fall into one of two camps, and cheerlead for their team, right or wrong? Just curious, do you believe in independent voters, or does everyone have to fall into one of two easy boxes for you? Saves you a lot of thinking, doesn’t it?

And I’ll happily vote for almost any of the Republicans (especially McCain, Huckabee, and Hagel) against any potential Democratic nominee. But if it’s Giuliani or Romney, I’ll be voting Libertarian.[/quote]

Hey, gdol,

I believe there are independent voters. Independent voters split the vote between differing parties. They vote the person and their particular ideas. They take the time to investigate the merits of each candidate.

They never vote straight democrat in “protest.”

I like your preemptive strike against the Republican nominee. It will be Rudy.

You’ve already removed him from consideration.

Hey, it beats thinking.

Oh, an independent would take a look at Rudy as he has many viewpoints that aren’t straight party line.

You won’t. You’ll vote for rodham.

It’s your way.

JeffR

As usual, Jeff can’t respond to the issues and facts, so he lamely lashes out against the person… a sure sign of a losing argument.

Let me explain it for you, Jeffy. Bill Clinton didn’t tout his national security credentials when campaigning.

But Rudy does tout his alleged security credentials, even though he ducked military service.

That’s why Rudy is going to have a problem.

It’s kind of like Mitt Romney talking about being a “life-long hunter” even though he’s never had a hunting license… it’s the kind of bullshit that won’t stand up to five seconds of intelligent scrutiny.

But you keep blindly lapping it up, Jeffy. It’s a real hoot.