Rudy and the Hard Right

Rudy = More potential to be a bigger liar than John McCain. (and that’s scary)

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Magnate wrote:
JeffR wrote:

Oh, by the way, who cares about the personal life? If no laws were broken, what does it matter?

I’ve been asking your side that same question for years.

Having failed marriages and dressing in drag for a joke is one hell of a lot different than sexually harrasing women (using your money) then denying them their day in court.

Imagine if it’s your wife.

Hope I’ve cleared it up for you.

JeffR
[/quote]

Yes, you’ve cleared it up quite nicely.

What you mean is: it’s ok for a Republican pig to rape young black boys in a public park. That’s his personal life after all.

But any Democrat better have only sex with his own wife. In the missionary position. Or else.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Jeff,

After reading many of your posts I have respect for your political knowledge. But this time you’ve really dropped the ball.

I’m well aware of where Rudy stands on the major issues that piss off the religious right. And that’s why I told you Rudy will not under any circumstances be our next President. Say what you want about the religious right, but that is one group that will stand on principal. They’ll stay home in droves next November if Rudy is the nominee. Keep in mind that’s roughly 5 million votes that Rudy won’t get. That means if he’s the nominee he loses.

Wanna bet Jeff?

I’ll make you a similar offer I made the nutty pro Ron Paul supporters.

All in fun.

:slight_smile:

By the way, I’ll also bet who is going to be the next President if anyone cares to take me up on it.[/quote]

The difference is Ron Paul doesn’t suck. It’s a pretty big shame he won’t get nominated. He’s the best canidate.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Jeff,

After reading many of your posts I have respect for your political knowledge. But this time you’ve really dropped the ball.

I’m well aware of where Rudy stands on the major issues that piss off the religious right. And that’s why I told you Rudy will not under any circumstances be our next President. Say what you want about the religious right, but that is one group that will stand on principal. They’ll stay home in droves next November if Rudy is the nominee. Keep in mind that’s roughly 5 million votes that Rudy won’t get. That means if he’s the nominee he loses.

Wanna bet Jeff?

I’ll make you a similar offer I made the nutty pro Ron Paul supporters.

All in fun.

:slight_smile:

By the way, I’ll also bet who is going to be the next President if anyone cares to take me up on it.[/quote]

Hey, Mick.

Sorry, I’ve been busy.

I, of course, disagree with you about Rudy’s chances.

For fun, spell out your bet with provisions and consequences, etc.

Did you hear the recent Republican debate? Rudy was dominating and very Presidential.

JeffR

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
But yes…Rudy does in fact suck. I can’t really think of one good thing to say about this guy. [/quote]

And yet you have nothing bad to say about the wax statue…?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
If Romney gets the nomination he beats Hillary, barely. Otherwise, I guarantee you that Hillary Scrotum Clinton will be the next President of the USA.
[/quote]

Ha! Ok, who are you calling crazy? Hillary would kill Romney. There is no – absolutely NO – pro-war candidate that will beat Hillary.

Conservatives don’t even like Mitt.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
If Romney gets the nomination he beats Hillary, barely. Otherwise, I guarantee you that Hillary Scrotum Clinton will be the next President of the USA.

Ha! Ok, who are you calling crazy? Hillary would kill Romney. There is no – absolutely NO – pro-war candidate that will beat Hillary.

Conservatives don’t even like Mitt.

I understand why you are saying what you are saying. It is the current position of many “Paulies”.

Let me briefly explain why Romney beats Hillary ScrotumClinton, and why Rudy cannot:

Romney while currently not the poster boy for the religious right because of his mormon affiliation will indeed become their favorite candidate. If he wins the nomination the Christian right will begin to warm up to him as the value system of the mormons is almost identical to the Christian rights value system. The differences will begin to seem less important as the similarities will grow.

And the war in Iraq will not be the issue it is now. As we can see by history, a sitting President has the power to make things look much better than they really are. Troop withdrawls, etc. And don’t discount the fact that things in Iraq really could look better by the fall of 08’. Things change over time, and peoples opinions change with them.

Romney has not at all been a favorite of the Christian right (4-5 million votes). Currently the Christian right is seeking someone just like them. And there is only one candidate who appeals directly to these people and that is Governor Huckabee. And that is the person whom Romney will ask to be his running mate which will further the tie between the right and Romney. Don’t underestimate Romney’s ability to win monderate voters. He was elected Governor of Massachusetts, one of the more liberal states.

Rudy on the other hand holds such diverse positions to the right that most will stay home if he is the parties nominee. Socially there is not much difference between Rudy and Hillary. And most of the CR cast their votes regarding these matters, not the economy. They view the US as going to hell in a handbasket and are eager to turn the tide. However, Not even a Huckabee VP position would be enough to get the right to hold their noses and pull the Rudy lever. If Rudy is the nominee Hillary will most certainly be the next President.

Hillary will have a very difficult time winning the south even though she will most likely pick a southern governor as her running mate (please remember where you read this). With a Southern Governor as her VP she will mow defeat every pairing of candidates save one: Romney/Huckabee.

I have no idea who will be the republican nominee. But I do know that Hillary will be the democratic contender. And because she is going to rap that title up early she won’t have to spend nearly the amount of money that the republican candidate must spend. she will have a huge war chest ready to fire at the republicans in the general election.

She also has some of the very best political minds on her staff. And in addition to this they have the experience having had elected Bill twice. She will be very well financed, well positioned and have an incredibly well run campaign.

The only thing standing between her and victory is Romney/Huckabee, and even then it will be a nail biter! Those who underestimate the Clinton political machine are only fooling themselves.

[/quote]

Mick,

I think the Christian Right is about to discover that they aren’t the movers and shakers they once were.

If rodham is the nominee, Republicans will vote for someone they believe will beat her.

All Rudy has to say is this: “The next President likely will nominate three Supreme Court Justices. Do you want hillary clinton making those choices?”

That will resonate throughout the land.

Without tipping my hand, she’s also making HUGE blunders on the trail. Conservatives are taking notice of the ENORMOUS spending hikes she’s suggesting.

Again, all Rudy has to do is highlight his record of cutting taxes. He looks MIGHTY Conservative next to rodham.

Rudy will balance his ticket to enhance his Conservative credentials.

Finally, Rudy brings many unique things to the table. One of the most striking is his ability to put some blue states in play. She’ll have to spend to counter that. Further, I don’t see her putting any red states in play even with a Southern running mate.

JeffR

Oh, I just can’t warm up to Romney. Too slick acting by half.

JeffR

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
JeffR wrote:

Mick,

I think the Christian Right is about to discover that they aren’t the movers and shakers they once were.

If rodham is the nominee, Republicans will vote for someone they believe will beat her.

All Rudy has to say is this: “The next President likely will nominate three Supreme Court Justices. Do you want hillary clinton making those choices?”

That will resonate throughout the land.

Without tipping my hand, she’s also making HUGE blunders on the trail. Conservatives are taking notice of the ENORMOUS spending hikes she’s suggesting.

Again, all Rudy has to do is highlight his record of cutting taxes. He looks MIGHTY Conservative next to rodham.

Rudy will balance his ticket to enhance his Conservative credentials.

Finally, Rudy brings many unique things to the table. One of the most striking is his ability to put some blue states in play. She’ll have to spend to counter that. Further, I don’t see her putting any red states in play even with a Southern running mate.

JeffR

You’re underestimating the zealous Christian right when it comes to the hot button social issues.

I think they’ll stand on principal and stay home. And as we both know every wacky left wingnut will be out voting for Hillary.

It’s about getting the people out and Rudy is just not going to be able to do it.

Really Jeff can you see the Bible belt going to the polls in large numbers and voting for Rudy? …Come on…

[/quote]

Mick,

I can see them voting for Rudy. He’s moderating many of his stances. His getting his gaffes (answering phone at the NRA meeting) out of the way.

rodham is the trump card. I have to admit that the Right wingnuts probably wouldn’t vote for Rudy if he was facing Richardson.

However, rodham is so toxic and dangerous on so many fronts, it’ll galvanize the Right.

Further, don’t overestimate the far left. Remember that the Repulicans will EASILY and OFTEN make the point that rodham both voted for the Iraq War, she refuses to set a timetable for removing troops from Iraq.

In fact, Dick Morris had a very interesting theory. rodham will not want to be seen as weak. She probably COULDN’T pull out of Iraq. This is bolstered by her recent vote regarding iran.

I think some of the far Right MORONS will stay away. However, I predict far more will pull the lever for Rudy. Further, Rudy is going to get more moderates and slightly left of center voters than W did.

JeffR

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Oh, I just can’t warm up to Romney. Too slick acting by half.

JeffR

I’m not all the fond of him either. But Rudy does carry the “sleeze factor”.

And these two guys are leading the pack.

See why Hillary wins in 08’?[/quote]

As in multiple marriages and dressing in drag? I wouldn’t call that sleaze. I’d call it irrelevant.

JeffR

This is beautiful. Is the the GOP trying to decide between a sleaze-ball and a fake wax statue? Let’s hope they pick a decent man over a character.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
This is beautiful. Is the the GOP trying to decide between a sleaze-ball and a fake wax statue? Let’s hope they pick a decent man over a character.[/quote]

They won’t pick the sleaze/fake wax statue. As you can see, ron paul isn’t gaining any traction.

They will pick Rudy, however.

JeffR

P.S. I am embarrassed for you whenever I watch ron paul.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
[/quote]
So what? Rudy is still a douchbag – and you are a douchebag supporter.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
JeffR wrote:

So what? Rudy is still a douchbag – and you are a douchebag supporter. [/quote]

lifty,

Let’s not get snippy. Your guy is a joke to his own party and you’ve hitched yourself to a loser.

I still think you are pretty.

Oh, here is an interesting article on the roadmap for Rudy.

http://www.observer.com/2007/how-rudy-pulls-it

JeffR

Pat and my other “abortion is the number one issue” friends, please read this.

Notice it’s the new york times.

Rudy would a very effective advocate for people who vote anti-abortion.

JeffR