Rubberband VS. Tendonitis

WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG!!!

Been battling BAD tendonitis in both elbows for well quite sometime. Then Flameout came out and by god damn near took it all away with just one bottle, BUT then I moved to Thailand and the next bottle only lasted so long and Im not about to try and tempt getting it through customs.

Anyhow Ive heard for a long time abut simply using a rubber band and working the antagonist of your grip pushing out with your fingers against the band. Finally tried it starting two days ago. Then today was my first benching session. Usually all goes well until the load gets up to anything near respectable, and Im Talking PAIN get three plates on and all hell breaks loose.

Today just two days of doing this id say for maybe a total of a half hour each day just while walking round or having spare time, then brought the band with me to the gym and between sets during rest used it. First time in YEARS id say 3 that I benched pain free. Was even able to rep out pretty good 15 on 2 plates, then 3 sets at 120kg, and even a few at 3 plates, Future is looking bright if this two days can be a judge. Hoping to be pressing hard and heavy again in no time.

Don’t wait if you have this prob give it a try, it’ll cost you about 5 cents and a few minutes what can you lose,

Ill let you know if the progress keeps up or is short lived.

Phill

Thanks for sharing the info.

Dude there is more to this than you realise … if you are weak in those muscles then the bones in your forearms can slide forwards / backwards a bit more than they are supposed to and bump around in your elbows / cause the inflamation. It is important to keep development balanced, or at least, don’t overdevelop one muscle and not the opposite one.

You can also develop this one by sticking your hand in a big empty tub of Grow!, fill it with water or sand or something and lift it using your fingers (from the inside). Or drill a hole in the bottom and attach a chain or something and lift weights with it.

Without getting into the whole “my story” thing, i have a case of Tendonitis in my left elbow. so i have a few questions if you guys dont mind.

obviously i know i need to lay off of this for a week or so to let it heal.

but should i try to strech this thing out at all? or should i baby it?
thanks

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
Without getting into the whole “my story” thing, i have a case of Tendonitis in my left elbow. so i have a few questions if you guys dont mind.

obviously i know i need to lay off of this for a week or so to let it heal.

but should i try to strech this thing out at all? or should i baby it?
thanks[/quote]

Tendonitis can take weeks to get better. You don’t know until you start and see. That said, stretching does very little if nothing. ROM exercise, ice, aspirin, immobilization(depending on severity),heat or the simple exercise Phil has above.

Sidebar: Phil I gave this very advice to devildog on his tendonitis thread a week ago. I hope he has the same luck.

Phil in THAILAND!

Hey buddy, hope you’re getting some artwork done in addition to lifting.

Quick (and stupid) question on the rubberband drill . . . big rubberband?

I’ve been dealing with tendonitis and have mostly rehabbed, but this sounds like a good one to prevent further stuff.

Best,
Richard

[quote]richieY2K wrote:
Phil in THAILAND!

I’ve been dealing with tendonitis and have mostly rehabbed, but this sounds like a good one to prevent further stuff.

Best,
Richard[/quote]

More resistance the better. However that is achieved is ok. I even like to switch between squeezing a tennis ball/handball and working against the bands resistance

[quote]richieY2K wrote:
Phil in THAILAND!

Best,
Richard[/quote]

Im getting some done yes a few not as much as I like but in time.

Rubberband ive been using 2-3 small ones and work my way down. It was great between sets after gripping the bar TIGHT then working the antagonist.

Stretching never did a damn thing for my. Contrast treatment did/does and well asprin is/was a temp pain remover but just hid the pain.

The rubberbands helped my forearm tendonosis within a few few sets. Cool tip from CW.