RR's Once a Week to Twice a Week Cyp Log

Lost track of weeks here and it’s become more of a stream of consciousness thing.

So I have loaded my syringe for the last shot in the current bottle and there was enough T left in the bottle to confirm I had reduced my dose about 20 percent over the course of a week and a half. That was quite a bit more than I intended to reduce, but it’s easy to do when dealing in such small amounts of liquid (and switching syringe sizes).

It had sent me into a terrible tailspin. It has let me know how dose sensitive I am and I’m not remotely surprised. I have been T sensitive since I first put on the patch and the whole world came into sharp focus within a half hour.

So back to two shots of my normal dose over the course of 6 days and I am almost back to normal. Wednesday was better than Tuesday which was better than Monday. And I didn’t glide through Thursday (today) but it was easier. I did get pretty pissed off at one point early this morning, and that’s not like me but I was being antagonized and lost it. I’m the type that it generally takes a long time to piss me off. So maybe I’ve got a short fuse right now. It’s possible. I dunno.

For the most part I am already back to feeling very good. Energy is up, anxiety is down, libido is at least hanging around a little, mood is getting there. So I just keep trucking along and will not muck with the dose at this point unless forced to.

Tuesday September 24th - Overall feeling better now that I have gone back to my “regular” dose of 50mg twice a week. The temporary reduction I did threw my system into a fucking tailspin but I have taken control of the wheel and managed to avoid a total crash.

I’ve been back on my regular dose for 3 shots now (including yesterday) and although energy is up and mood has begun to improve, my anxiety is starting to spike again. I am just going to have to ride this out until my body finds equilibrium. My understanding is that if a dose works for you, then it works for you. So I should be able to get back to where I was even after jumping the shark.

Energy levels are definitely good. Lot of people around me at work complaining they are tired and for the most part I’m just not. So that’s something. I wouldn’t say my mood is bright but there have been flashes. Libido is still just okay. Although I had calmed my anxiety for a few days, and I definitely feel more in control right now, I am simply not where I was three weeks ago. A bit panicky today, if I’m honest, but not the worst.

You felt great. You don’t need to lower dose when you feel great. You can increase to see if it resolves any symptoms like libido not being there enough or sleep and etc. .

At this point I would stop focusing on feeling and libido. I would look at longevity and a sort of anti aging or preventative medicine approach. Meaning run labs and figure out what it looks like under the hood.

Get everything optimized to give you long life and health. That means dhea , pregnalone; thyroid: estrogen, DHT, free t and you can add melatonin (pharmacy grade). All of these help men with many aspects of health. protection from cancer(melatonin), libido, skin (e2), brain health (e2), heart and bone health (e2), and then so much more friend.

Glad you are doing well. I’ve had two or three guys tell me that they get anxiety when free t is too low. I’ve seen so many guys get anxiety and nine times out of ten they lower dose to lose the anxiety, but it rarely ever works. When they slowly incessse free t above 20 they get anxiety; but it goes away after a couple and few weeks. After that they either stay at that dose or increase it if they still have symptoms.

Also libido comes and goes bro. Doesn’t matter how optimized or dialed in we are. We are human and our third leg was never meant to be used daily for years on end. My levels are high and I feel great as well, but my libido comes and goes. If I have sex multiple times
A week I expect a couple to three days where I don’t have much desire. Then other days it’s twice a day and I feel I could go a third time.

Libido is just one of those things. I don’t think many folks have it consistently. Some do, but they are genetically able to I believe.

Thanks for the log. I’m still amazed you feel so good on 105mg. Amazing.

1 Like

This is very helpful info, thanks.

I didn’t mean to mess with the dose as much as I did - that was because of my new smaller syringe and just not measuring correctly. I am back to where I should be now, and yeah, no intention of changing anything again.

I have a little half life buildup chart in excel and calculated that it will be at least next week before I begin to stabilize from my dip.

My primary doctor who is old school but better on this than he has all rights to be (he thought it was silly to worry much about estrogen and I’m starting to think he’s right - and he acknowledges that some men need T twice a week) does not want to test for all those things. I am in a state where I think I can’t get them myself.

That said, I will see what I can do about getting an in-depth panel. I would like to know where things really stand.

I only weigh about 150 so perhaps that’s the reason I do okay on a lower amount test. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Hi! Three weeks since my last update as I felt things were getting very repetitive.

If you’ve followed along, I had been feeling on top of the world for about 6 or 7 weeks, which started about 6 or 7 weeks after my protocol change. Then I accidentally went with a 20% lower dose for three or four shots (over two weeks) and it sent me into a mini-spiral from which I still haven’t quite recovered.

• That’s the bad news. The good news is I’ve now been back on my 50mg shots twice a week for four weeks now. Also being as precise with the shots as possible now because I still can’t quite believe how badly that two week reduction fucked my shit up.

• The extra good news is I did start to stabilize a couple weeks ago. But my cool fresh “mountain air” feeling that I get whenever I do a shot and spike my T to a peak had vanished for almost the last two weeks which is the longest I’ve been without that feeling since I started my shots in June of 2018. That was odd. It came roaring back last night a few hours after yesterday’s shot and is still with me.

• Overall for the last couple weeks my energy and mood had been okay. Some crazy fatigue here and there and some crazy fucking depressed and anxious thoughts, too. I had stopped gliding through my days - and workdays especially were becoming a bear again. Time passing slowly and just an absolute weight on my shoulders all day long. For my 6 or 7 week run of feeling great (as described in detail above), the days passed amazingly and everything was just easy. Every personal interaction, every demand placed on me, it was like I’d leveled all the way up in a video game and was running around with the max on my “tolerance of shit” ability. Probably never felt that way before in my life.

• End of last week that started coming back. I haven’t been back to work since, so I’ll find out tomorrow how I’m really doing. I am definitely feeling more energetic this last few days and more like I’m getting back to myself. I didn’t enjoy the detour but everything happens for a reason so I’m rolling with it.

• On the bright side, the mountainous cystic acne (huge fucking unpoppable acne) has settled way down since I fucked with my dose. And the hormonal flux seemed to give me a few low blood sugar issues which caused me to modify my diet pretty substantially. I have now cut sugar down to under 10 grams a day, cut carbs, and increased my intake of good fat and protein. I do have some GI issues and unfortunately I seem to process carbs way easier than everything else so I can’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

• To sum up, I do feel, especially this last seven days, like I am back on my way up. There’s this fear in the back of my mind that I’ll never get back to where I was, but intellectually I know that seems unlikely. The correct dose is the correct dose and it’s just a waiting game now.

So I’m 5.5 weeks into the latest stable version of my protocol. I am feeling MUCH better… energy mood and motivation are very good… and libido seems to be seriously cranking first time since I don’t know when.

BUT this morning my anxiety is through the roof. No reason for it at all, I just want to jump out of my fucking skin. I am talking alone in a spooky house, lights have just gone out, and you can hear someone coming with a chainsaw anxiety. What the fuck?

I’m chalking it up to the fact that I am not quite balanced yet on this last adjustment. Anxiety has been an issue for me in the past, but I have rarely felt like THIS for no reason. Granted I get so little anxiety these days it’s possible I forget what it feels like. But this is some intense shit.

2 Likes

Yup hormones are fluxing. Hopefully you will be fine in days or weeks to come:

1 Like

Thank you. I believe you are right.

Wifey said I was totally rank overnight. She wasn’t complaining. She said she could “smell the T”.

After a fairly energetic weekend, I was also incredibly tired for much of today. Like stupid tired. Appreciate you checking in.

1 Like

So tomorrow I will be a full 7 weeks back on my normal 50mg twice a week protocol and I’m starting to feel a lot better.

I have definitely been anxious this last couple weeks but when I look back on my initial switch I had anxiety between week 6 and 8. I was surprised to find that which is why these logs can be very useful especially when you are trying to get dialed in.

On that note I HIGHLY recommend doing some kind of dated tracking log, tracking mood, energy, anxiety, depression and even libido until you feel you don’t need to anymore. I did it all last year. Takes a couple minutes a day. Just rate them on a scale of 0 to 10 at least. It’s gold, especially when you think you are regressing etc.

Anyway so I am almost at 7 full weeks back on my correct protocol (the one which had me feeling like a king for nearly two months). Yesterday was the first day in over a month that I was actually in a positive mood. Prior to that I had just been flat or actually down. Libido has not been bad at all.

On the negative I have had a few days of fatigue and also some strange muscle weakness which is new. That said my muscles seem to be responding to activity for honestly the first time in my life. Although I’ve always been able to tone, actually building muscle has been next to impossible.

I’m expecting things to keep going up up up as I stay on this strict protocol.

Great news.

I ALWAYS track my TRT usage. I"ll make little notes as to libido, energy, gym, mental clarity, etc. sleep…

1 Like

End of Week 8 of my latest protocol. Everything seems to be leveling out nicely. Mood is good, libido is present, energy is the best its been in a while.I can’t really grade my motivation. That’s been good for a prolonged time, except when I’m just not feeling well.

I have had a strange thing where my muscles felt weak for a couple weeks but I can’t tell if they are just responding to activity for the first time in my life. Like they felt weak but also felt like they were rebuilding. I don’t work out as such, but it’s just something to note. Seems to have lessened this last week. Like my arms and legs feel “normal” right now whatever the fuck that is at this point.

In some ways this last 8 weeks was more of a roller coaster than the 8 weeks when I explicitly switched to twice a week. All I did was fuck up my dose for 2 weeks and that sent me into a total tailspin.

I definitely hyper respond but it’s still a word of warning to people having a tough time settling in. Like one two week fuck up of 20-25% less T and I had to start all over again. Without this group and the knowledge that T takes time to stabilize (even after being on it for 15 months), I would have been lost and wondering what the hell was wrong this whole time. Maybe even changing my dose some more along the way which would just cause more problems!

I definitely didn’t feel as good this time as I did when I made my switch. Lots of panic and weirdness and just a lot of meh mood. Not a bad mood most of the time but just okay. But as of today I am almost back to feeling my best, and just hoping it continues.

Holy crap! So… nearing the end of Week 9 here and all I can say is wow. First of all I’m feeling truly excellent this week. Firing on all cylinders first time in a long while.

I mentioned a couple times that my muscles have felt weirdly weak lately. Almost like they do after a workout although I haven’t been working out. Unless you count yard work and the like. As much as I tend toward hypochondria, my rational suspicion was right. It isn’t muscle weakness at all. My muscles are responding to activity and exercise for the first time in my life.

I have NEVER been able to build muscle, and back in my teens I tried. And I did Karate for a while in my 20’s and I definitely got stronger and more limber but in terms of “building muscle”, no. A joke. Most of you probably can’t identify with this, I’m guessing. I mean touch me anywhere and it was like jelly. I don’t mean I’m fat. I just mean jelly where muscle should be.

So… I’ve been itching to work these muscles and so decided for the moment to start my yoga again. I have a brief routine I do that helped me a whole lot when I was low T (and didn’t know). Lots of benefits, mental and physical. And it can be challenging on the body, too. Any time I have ever gone back to my yoga routine in the past after a break, I have felt weak and not remotely limber.

Interestingly enough, I found that I’m actually pretty limber. For the first time back it does not feel like the first time back. I can’t wait to feel what a few days of this is going to do for me. But that’s not what took me by surprise and caused me to write an update.

Earlier tonight I was showing my wife that I had muscle definition in my forearm that I have never had before. I don’t mean like Lou Ferrigno. I mean like a normal human male. I have never seen any definition anywhere. The thought alone is actually a laugh.

Well imagine my fucking surprise when, in my yoga routine, I went into Warrior 1, which is like a forward lunge… and felt my quad. HOLY FUCK. It’s nothing to take a picture of, but the feeling. The shit? It’s like it’s not my leg. I have someone else’s leg. I now have the leg of a normal human male.

And this is all after switching from 100mg once a week to 50mg twice a week. My body was not definitely not optimized on once a week, not by a long shot. I can’t wait to actually make something happen to this body.

3 Likes

Sounds lit. Did you ever post your SHGB, E2 in this thread? Can’t seem to find it.

My doc is very “old school” and does not want to run any labs besides Total T. He does at least understand that men sometimes need to inject twice a week to feel good so there’s that. Also he said he goes by how the patient feels and doesn’t chase numbers. Good with the bad, I guess. I don’t think I can run my own labs in my state and at this point I’m merely curious about them.

What state?

LOL Did I ever mention I am insanely private - and a total paranoiac about my bread crumbs online? I’ve said so much in this thread I would never say anywhere, including out loud. So…

Do you know the states where it’s prohibited? I honestly don’t, I just remember reading something. For all I know it’s only one, and I may or may not be there. :wink:

There are a few. NY is the only one I remember. But, people there have ordered from discount labs and gotten them anyways. You can also go to a neighboring state or even just put in an address for a neighboring state and get them done though. It’s not like they’re going to arrest you for getting some lab work done, lol

If I was desperate I would probably just beg my doctor and try to explain why it’s important to me. The other thing is always a good option to fall back on.

1 Like

So now I am pretty fucked up beyond words. After reading dexter’s sage advice about one-piece syringes having zero waste last week or the week before, it got me thinking I should start using them. I knew I had waste in my 1ml syringes but I didn’t realize it amounted to .05ml of waste. What a fucking pisser.

I bake (bread, desserts etc) and I’m a little OCD so I am extremely exacting about things like this. And with this much waste I am fucking utterly lost. How lost, you ask?

Well here’s the scoop. I did a little science experiment with the syringes I’ve used over the past year, and some one-piece syringes, and some extra T I had (I know, blasphemy). Turns out my 3ml syringes were giving me 80mg of Test per week when I though I was doing 100 once a week. Then my OTHER 3ml syringes were giving me 60mg Test per week… TONS of dead space… when I thought I was doing 100mg per week. This by the way is when I felt like I was flying high all the time, although libido was rarely there.

I’ve been wondering why my resting heart rate has been so fast often lately. For like the last month or so. I thought it was just nerves or something. Nope! Also explains why my muscles are cutting in for the first time in my life - from fucking yard work.

My latest 1ml syringes were giving me 76mg Test per week when I thought was doing 100mg. This is what I’ve been on the last 10 weeks. Although probably a fair amount more Total Test than when I was on 80 once a week. This is starting to make a lot of sense to me.

And genius that I am… I thought I’d use one of my “no-waste” syringes for the last shot in the bottle on Friday and did a shot of 46mg. This is quite a bit more than my usual 38mg (who knew?) and way more than my 30mg (seriously, who the fuck knew???) I was doing a couple months back. Probably doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it explains my insane anxiety and insomnia Saturday night (peak from my Friday morning shot). I told you I am sensitive to this stuff.

So I am once again looking at a long road ahead - eight weeks - again as I decide how much T to actually fucking do in each shot. I’ve certainly run the fucking gamut. And before my little science experiment, I did a “regular” 38mg shot yesterday afternoon which means I am in for more anxiety and probably insomnia until this asshole peak wears off. I am miserable. I’m just so fucking miserable.

I would like to posit that the reason some have so much trouble “dialing in” on T, beyond having no patience or weird body chemistry or whatever, is because of differing syringes and their various untrackable amounts of waste. I am serious. This is maddening.

How are you determining the “waste” and what you think your dose has “actually” ended up at? Just because you’re wasting T doesn’t mean your dose is wrong. We’re you changing needles?