Roy Jones Jr. Would Beat Silva in Boxing!

[quote]Vegita wrote:

The origional topic was boring so we modified it. Now here is another modification. Boxing, but with UFC gloves on, not boxing gloves. Do you think roy would get a little of that hand speed back then?
[/quote]

No.

[quote]
I truly don’t know who would win, Isn’t anderson a lot taller and longer than jones? Could he keep him at a distance? With 4oz gloves, there would be less reckless abandon from either than in a regular boxing match, hell half the guys in that highlight of jones didn’t even have thier hands up by thier heads. Of course he is gonna hit em in the jaw.

V[/quote]

He would never be able to keep up with Jones. Because of the fundamental difference in the sport, MMA fighters are shitty at boxing footwork. I doubt he would find Jones enough to land flush, and Roy has always been masterful at angles.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I’m surprised that no one mentioned how Ray Mercer destroyed Tim Silvia in an MMA match.

I think boxers transition well into MMA. If your striking is good enough, you may not need any groundwork at all ie…A.Silva is a Big Nog BJJ BB yet you hardly ever see him have to use it. [/quote]

Gameplan is the key word. Forrest was peer pressured into making Silva’s last fight an exciting slug fest given Silva’s recent lacklustre outings. Someone with a good gameplan will not get into a boxing match with a boxer, or a brawl with Silva That’s where the other MMA skills come into play.

RJJ would for sure beat Silva in a boxing match but not in an mma match, Not a chance.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
Discuss. My boy Roy would eat him alive in a boxing match. That’s my hypothesis.[/quote]

ain’t happening, A mma fighter has a better skill sit then a boxer, besides why would he box. he would be playing into his opponents strengths, where he can’t use take downs, or his legs and knees

[quote]kodiak82 wrote:
Therizza wrote:
Discuss. My boy Roy would eat him alive in a boxing match. That’s my hypothesis.

ain’t happening, A mma fighter has a better skill sit then a boxer, besides why would he box. he would be playing into his opponents strengths, where he can’t use take downs, or his legs and knees [/quote]

Another half wit who missed the “in a boxing match” huh?

Tim is a headcase right now. He’s always just been a big 'ol striker with some other skills. That Mercer fight was a sham. It was supposed to be just a boxing match, but they couldn’t get it sanctioned and it became an MMA match. I think Tim just needed the money.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I’m surprised that no one mentioned how Ray Mercer destroyed Tim Silvia in an MMA match.

I think boxers transition well into MMA. If your striking is good enough, you may not need any groundwork at all ie…A.Silva is a Big Nog BJJ BB yet you hardly ever see him have to use it. [/quote]

GREATEST AVATAR OF ALL TIMES

Why is this even a question? Who knows what Silva could have been if he had gone the boxing route from day one but right now, it’s easy for him to look like he could hang with RJJ when you judge his abilities when compared to Forrest Griffin. It’s a huge gap between Forrest and RJJ.

This is what happens when fucks who’ve never boxed, or done any striking, chime in.

If you were students and I was a Prof, and you answered my final exam question “RJJ v. Silva, who wins?” like some of you have, you’d fail pretty hard. Reading comprehension ftw.

Also, who should RJJ fight in a style he’s never competed in? Silva HAS boxed before, so it’s a common ground, where they are more evenly matched… Plus Silva doesn’t have a bunch of cool rap songs about fighting, does he? And RJJ is from Pensacola, gotta rep my West Florida peeps.

WHY ARE ALL YOU FUCKTARDS TALKING ABOUT MMA IN A BOXING THREAD! gtfo you weakass bitches.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:
Therizza wrote:
Discuss. My boy Roy would eat him alive in a boxing match. That’s my hypothesis.

ain’t happening, A mma fighter has a better skill set then a boxer, besides why would he box. he would be playing into his opponents strengths, where he can’t use take downs, or his legs and knees

Another half wit who missed the “in a boxing match” huh?[/quote]

you again. damn trogs

[quote]Therizza wrote:
This is what happens when fucks who’ve never boxed, or done any striking, chime in.

If you were students and I was a Prof, and you answered my final exam question “RJJ v. Silva, who wins?” like some of you have, you’d fail pretty hard. Reading comprehension ftw.

Also, who should RJJ fight in a style he’s never competed in? Silva HAS boxed before, so it’s a common ground, where they are more evenly matched… Plus Silva doesn’t have a bunch of cool rap songs about fighting, does he? And RJJ is from Pensacola, gotta rep my West Florida peeps.

WHY ARE ALL YOU FUCKTARDS TALKING ABOUT MMA IN A BOXING THREAD! gtfo you weakass bitches.[/quote]

Uhhhh…I think Silva would choke him out.

[quote]Therizza wrote:

WHY ARE ALL YOU FUCKTARDS TALKING ABOUT MMA IN A BOXING THREAD! gtfo you weakass bitches.[/quote]

have taken kick boxing and bjj, have trained in combat-do by Master Bob Schirmer, have rolled and sparred with some really great fighters, like UFC fighter Terry Martin, the guy is like a pit bull.

[quote]kodiak82 wrote:

have taken kick boxing and bjj, have trained in combat-do by Master Bob Schirmer, have rolled and sparred with some really great fighters, like UFC fighter Terry Martin, the guy is like a pit bull.

[/quote]

I wish I could have done all of those things, but I fail to see what this has to do with the topic at hand.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:

I wish I could have done all of those things, but I fail to see what this has to do with the topic at hand.[/quote]

just stating my credentials, to talk about the subject at hand

jones would have a better chance in an mma fight against silva than silva would in a boxing match with roy…disagree???

[quote]kodiak82 wrote:
Therizza wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:

I wish I could have done all of those things, but I fail to see what this has to do with the topic at hand.

just stating my credentials, to talk about the subject at hand
[/quote]

Please tell me you are being sarcastic…seriously,are you??

I’m more interested in Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva…but not just yet.

why do we do these threads every four months on the regular? haven’t we already said everything we care to say on the topic?

[quote]slimjim wrote:
why do we do these threads every four months on the regular? haven’t we already said everything we care to say on the topic?[/quote]

This thread was created to discuss the recent idea on the interwebz that Silva wants to box RJJ post-UFC contract. Then it turned into a fuckfest of ‘boxer v. mma guy’ quips.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
slimjim wrote:
why do we do these threads every four months on the regular? haven’t we already said everything we care to say on the topic?

This thread was created to discuss the recent idea on the interwebz that Silva wants to box RJJ post-UFC contract. Then it turned into a fuckfest of ‘boxer v. mma guy’ quips.[/quote]

You should have known better,T. Let this be a lesson to you.