Routines Recomendations

Well Ive reached a plateau to say the least, and my routine is feeling pretty bunk now. I have failed to switch things up and Ive probably been wasting my time in the gym lately. Its time for a jumpstart.

What are some recommended routines? I used this pre-made one from “Mens Health” and it worked pretty well but I want to get bigger and stronger. The routine from Men’s Health helped me lose some beer weight and gain some lean muscle, but nothing dramatic. Im ready to take it to the next level.

Any constructive comments/advice/routines would be appreciated. Links are helpful too.

I DID use the search function but there were so many different routines its kind of confusing as to which one to use. Also, you read one article/thread about a routine, and then the next one says, “Forget (fill in____the previous articles routine suggeston____) DO THIS INSTEAD!!!”

Thanks gentlemen!

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

What are your goals? What does your current Men’s Health routine look like? Split? Full Body? Deciding your goals is the first step in choosing a program…

Im 5’7 150lbs, trying to get to 165-170. I was 145 a month ago, and I have been eating (clean) like crazy and gained 5 lbs so the weight gain is coming along well.

Before I was one of those little pussies who was like, “i dont want to get too big,” etc etc…but psychologically that messes you up while training because you (without realizing it) slow yourself down. Then I realized, “Im wasting time in the gym.” Anyway, Im ready to do whatever now. Read to lift heavy, train hard, and fast.

Here is my current routine:

Day 1
Deadlift
Bench Press
Dumbbell Bent Over Rows
Leg Curls

DAY 2
Bike/Run - HITT - 30 minutes

DAY 3
Wide Grip Front Pull Downs
Lunges
One Arm Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
One Arm Dumbbell Calf Raises

DAY 4
HITT Cardio

DAY 5
Squats
Seated Barbell Shoulder Press
Standing Barbell Curls
Knee Tucks

I take SAT and SUN off usually because of family obligations.

MH says to do sets of 10 but I try to load weight and do 8 reps. I know I should go lower for hypertrophy and all. Im not trying to lose weight or anything so 10 reps is obviously way too much.

The 1-6 by Charles Poliquin