T Nation

Routines for Beginner?

Hi all!
I find some powerlifting routines with two phases.
I would like to ask : Are these good for beginner levels ?
Thanks.

That’s the old Korte’s 3x3. I always wanted to do that routine, just never got around to it.

The principles are sound enough. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Thanks.
I see some guys said at the first phase. The volume is a little higher than 5x5.
Is it right ?

Have you ever trained the powerlifts? Personally, I’d start w/ sets of 5 adding 5-10lbs every set until your form starts to break down. Throw in some exercises for the body parts being worked. Eat plenty of food to gain muscle and strength. Get plenty of rest. Pretty simple. Keep it simple in the beginning.

If you haven’t done any high volume/frequency work before this, it would be beneficial to hit the main lifts 3x week for a couple weeks before jumping into this program. I haven’t done it but it looks like it can be tough. With these types of programs, it can go both ways. If you have shitty technique, you can get burned out and over tax certain muscles to the point you can’t finish the program.

On the other hand, you can learn to improve your technique by staying in a strong position and learning to grind with improved technique. Regardless, you’ll learn something that can help you improve down the road.

Thanks all.
I have a problem.
I train at home and when I do deadlift, I drop the bar slowly for not making some noise.
But with deadlift 5x8 after squat and bench press. I feel tired and I can not drop slowly.
So what can I do in this situation ? Maybe Can I change to Romanian Deadlift ?

[quote]brutal_death wrote:
Thanks all.
I have a problem.
I train at home and when I do deadlift, I drop the bar slowly for not making some noise.
But with deadlift 5x8 after squat and bench press. I feel tired and I can not drop slowly.
So what can I do in this situation ? Maybe Can I change to Romanian Deadlift ?[/quote]

Get some horse stall mats or rubber patio tiles to put under the plates.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Get some horse stall mats or rubber patio tiles to put under the plates.[/quote]

Thank you.
I train at the 4th floor and If I use some rubber tiles or floor tiles to put under the plates.
I think it still make noise.
Maybe I change to Romanian Deadlift or I must change to other routines.

[quote]Vincepac1500 wrote:
I would do more volume to get form down, maybe sets of 10 or so. Once you’ve done that for a few months then I’d gradually reduce the volume but up the weight and frequency. I’m at the point right now my whole squat workout from warm up to end is only about 25 total reps but I squat 500+lbs just about everyday at roughly 186lb [/quote]

x2

I would do more volume to get form down, maybe sets of 10 or so. Once you’ve done that for a few months then I’d gradually reduce the volume but up the weight and frequency. I’m at the point right now my whole squat workout from warm up to end is only about 25 total reps but I squat 500+lbs just about everyday at roughly 186lb

I wouldn’t do all three in the same day, it’ll beat you up to much, you’d feel better and get more results breaking it up throughout the week

Agree. Because at beginning you never depend on how much your workout stats are, but how much you absorb is the actual thing at beginning level. Pwnisher suggestion is right.

I don’t trust these, ever. My strategy is to do 3 sets of bench, but first set: 15 reps of minimum 135. Second set: 12 reps of no less than 160. Third set: 10 reps of no less than 175. Squat first set: 15 reps no less than 200. Second set: 12 reps no less than 235. Third set: 10 reps no less than 250. Deadlift I will do half full reps, and half pause reps in the “Sticking Point,” which is the point where most people will get stuck in the lift, and can’t finish the rep. By holding it there, it makes more micro tears which build you muscle even more. These work for all lifts, but it’s most fun on dead lift. I add 45 lbs to the previous set, doing up to 5 sets. Beginning weight is set my the lifter, but usually start at 135, and work my way up.