T Nation

Routine Messed up Due to Memorial Day?

Crap i feel so crappy bcuz i missed my work out today do to the reason that there was no school today and my college did not open it’s gym and all the other gyms closed early.

I just got out of work little less than an hr ago and let me tell you it doesnt feel good to feel like i do at the moment…very …crappy. This would be the 3rd week that i’ve been on Starting Strengh and i love the program, i work out on M, W, and F.

I think im gonna do todays session tomorrow and then keep doing my regular routine on wednesday; is the fact that i won’t have an off day b/w sessions a bad idea or should i just suck it up and just DO IT!!!? =))

You didn’t screw anything up much by missing one day. Don’t try and make up for it, just continue on the schedule.

You may be feeling like shit because you’re too hard on yourself for things you can’t control… which is silly. Next time plan around your gym’s schedule, and now you are wiser.

Whatever…one day. Big deal.

It’s only a problem when you miss one day…then two…then three…then all of them!!! Unless you see yourself doing that then you need to worry.

Consider it a rest day and go in there tomorrow fully recharged. Its no biggie really.

I feel your pain, today it was family day. That means feasting on chinese food, obligatory dessert, a movie and then driving back home. Theres no better way to describe the feeling other than ‘crappy’.

Oh, well, i’ll just put that much more effort in tomorrow.

[quote]Damner wrote:
i work out on M, W, and F.

I think im gonna do todays session tomorrow and then keep doing my regular routine on wednesday; is the fact that i won’t have an off day b/w sessions a bad idea or should i just suck it up and just DO IT!!!? =))
[/quote]

Or instead of doing two days in a row, you could train Tuesday, Thurs., Sat., if that’s an option. that still gives you Sunday as a rest day between sessions and then you could get back on your routine Monday.

I thought about changing the sessions to T, R, and S just for this week too but i work all day next saturday so I’ll do what some of you mentioned which sounds more convenient and won’t make me feel like a slacker…T,W, and F.
Holy shit Keki you really messed it up lol I didn’t feel as bad when I read all the sins you had commited on Memorial Day.

That’s one of the hardest parts of working out I think…making time for it around all the different things that can come up. I ended up having to switch to different days for my workouts. Basically because I HATE the idea of missing a workout that isn’t planned well in advance (i.e. for rest).

But I fucked up this weekend too - got in an eating contest at mongolian barbecue and subsequently a drinking contest at the bar we went to (went on quite the bender)…probably wasted that morning’s workout. I think i’d actually feel worse about missing a workout though, than messing up my diet, even though diet is more or just as important.

In any case I think that if you cheat often, expect to have not as amazing results as you would otherwise…but if you can settle for that (I do since I put more of a priority on social life). IMO, one day is not a huge deal.

[quote]Damner wrote:
Crap i feel so crappy bcuz i missed my work out today do to the reason that there was no school today and my college did not open it’s gym and all the other gyms closed early.

I just got out of work little less than an hr ago and let me tell you it doesnt feel good to feel like i do at the moment…very …crappy. This would be the 3rd week that i’ve been on Starting Strengh and i love the program, i work out on M, W, and F.

[/quote]

I was actually thinking about workouts being missed due to holidays ect… you can go outside and do push ups,get a tree and do pull ups and other stuff like that lol

Oh yeah that would better than nothing but for me I would just tweak the regular routine a little bit “just for that week”. It’s not like it’s going to backfire if you do make some changes to the current schedule according to fellow members.