T Nation

Routine input

Okay hey friends,

I have a feel mumbled jumbled thoughts about the direction I want my training to take, so I figured I'd kindly request some input from people who are perhaps slightly more rational than I.

Basically back in Dec. I decided to focus a lot on strength and I went from 126lbs-134lbs, (Not really my intention).
I built some good strength, got my squat up to 195, my DL up to 245, and my bench to 135 x 2.
Now I would like to lose some fat and become superhero awesome.
One of the most important things in the world to me is having super huge shoulders so just try to keep that in mind.

I was thinking of a plan something like this

Chest/tri's/intervals
Back/bi/intervals
Shoulders
Hamstrings/ass
back/bi/intervals
shoulders
quads/ass

I want to add a second tricep day either on first shoulder or second shoulder day, I don't think it really matters which one?! Either way it's like one day between a tricep workout.
Bleh.
Also, um, a 4th interval day on a leg day since I don't like to do them the day before, too much???
My intervals aren't super intense, just like hill sprints or stepmill with diff. speeds

OH:
I get carried away and typically workout too long so I've cut back a bit, so a back workout would be something like today's uM
4 sets of bent over row
50 chin ups for total throughout
4 sets DB row
4 sets kayak row
3 sets lat pull down
4 sets hammer curls
3 sets ez bar curls
3 sets bicep machine
back ext.
20 min step mill
^^^ basically half what I usually do :S
But now I feel like im going crazy because I typically workout to the point where I either way to vomit, die, or cry, and now I feel like, um...k done (??)

I don't even know what my question is really.
I want to know if it's a bad thing to do 2 hour long shoulder workouts because they are like the highlight of my week, but if it's making my shoulders smaller then I guess I could try to control myself.

So like.... input.??

Do people need pics? Should I post pics for advice?

K thanks in advance!!!

if 2 hour shoulder workouts are the highlight of your week, then I think you’ve answered your own question as to whether or not they are bad. It certainly won’t make your shoulders smaller. If I want to gain more size, I add volume.

I guess that’s the only question I saw in your post… aside from pics. you should always post pics. always.

you do a ton of volume. I’m jealous. I think I mentioned that in your log awhile ago.

oh, extra tricep work. yea do that whenever. I doubt it matters.

Okay, so you’re saying essentially my crazy volume ideas don’t really limit my gains??

Cause I was reading some figure chicks workout and it was literally like my warm up so I tried to do things all short and crap and it just felt so wrong, Lol.

But it’s not as if I want to leave, I am enjoying my time there and I feel up to it so I dunno…

k so this is my back but I want it to be all smaller at the bottom like the lines indicate

and these are my shoulders that are too small

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Okay, so you’re saying essentially my crazy volume ideas don’t really limit my gains??

Cause I was reading some figure chicks workout and it was literally like my warm up so I tried to do things all short and crap and it just felt so wrong, Lol.

But it’s not as if I want to leave, I am enjoying my time there and I feel up to it so I dunno… [/quote]

Csulli and his friend Chia spend crazy hours in the gym, and it seems to work well for them. I never spend more than an hour, and generally only 3 days a week, and it works for me. Different strokes. At the end of the day, working hard generally gets the job done.

Figure chicks don’t prioritize strength for the most part. So that may be relevant to what their workouts look like.

If you enjoy being in the gym for hours on end, then why would you limit that?

I spend a 2-3 hours 5-6 days a week in the gym. It is my “me time”.

You have to also realize a lot of those figure chics are on the juice of some form not full natty like me.

Crazy volume works for some and doesn’t work for others. Dorian Yates was extremely low volume and some other greats used very high volume like Ronnie Coleman. Everyone is different. Do what you like and works for you.