T Nation

Routine Help, Trying to Cut

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Holy crap.

I can’t see many newbs making much progress with less than 4 days a week in the gym.

I guess that is why there are way less big people lately.

It is like people think you can’t teach your body to deal with more stress.[/quote]

progress shouldn’t be determined by how many days a week you spend in the gym. dc training is only 3 days a week and is used by some very big fellas… so.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

Holy crap.

I can’t see many newbs making much progress with less than 4 days a week in the gym.

It is like people think you can’t teach your body to deal with more stress.[/quote]

progress shouldn’t be determined by how many days a week you spend in the gym. dc training is only 3 days a week and is used by some very big fellas… so.[/quote]

It’s also a routine that is NOT recommended for newbs, largely because they haven’t yet learned to muster the intensity to warrant such a style of training.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

Holy crap.

progress shouldn’t be determined by how many days a week you spend in the gym. dc training is only 3 days a week and is used by some very big fellas… so.[/quote]

It’s also a routine that is NOT recommended for newbs, largely because they haven’t yet learned to muster the intensity to warrant such a style of training.[/quote]

agreed. my point was more that you shouldn’t judge progress by how many days you make it to the gym.

Waittt, you are trying to cut but get bigger and stronger? Try the 4 day split, if it is too much come back for more help and it might be too much with the 3 days of football training but you sure as shit aren’t going to find that out if you don’t try it.

Thanks for the help guys. I am going to try the 4 day one I posted above for a month or so and see how it fits in with my football training. Hopefully it won’t wear me out too much.

@americaninsweden, I was cutting on the 3 day routine yes as I’ve read quite a bit that whether I am bulking or cutting it doesnt matter how long I spend in the gym once I change my diet to suit what I am trying to achieve.