T Nation

Routine Help After Surgery

hey all, im new here. Been around BB boards for years trained years ago but havent in nearly 2 and a half years due to circumstance and injury.
Basically, im wondering if any of you can help.

I had open surgery (bankart, if anyone knows it) on my right shoulder at the end of august last year to correct a re-occuring dislocated shoulder and im just starting to get back into my fitness and strength training after doing alot of rehab for the shoulder.

im 24, got alot of extra fat compared to what i used to and need my shoulder strong and symmetrical to my other one.

im into kettlebells and functional strength and would like mainly that type of routine.Been doing things like kb cleans and swings, pressups on my knees and swiss ball exercises.

Cant do snatches yet unfortunately.
can anyone recommend any routines from their own knowledge or experience?
im still doing shoulder exercises for my rotator cuff and around it but think i need something for the rest of my body too.

Cheers

anyone?? no??

I would recommend you do a search of the many many routines listed on this site. Pick one that fits your needs and training style and advise your doctor, or physical therapist before starting any exercise program to see if they approve as you dont want to cause problems with your rehab.

Best of luck!

[quote]Olesya Novik wrote:
I would recommend you do a search of the many many routines listed on this site. Pick one that fits your needs and training style and advise your doctor, or physical therapist before starting any exercise program to see if they approve as you dont want to cause problems with your rehab.

Best of luck![/quote]

AS well just start slow and if things Hurt I dont care how simple the move is if its PAIN real pain dont do it

Best of luck

Phill