Routine for Not-So-New Beginner

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
If anything it means you can convince your parents you’re growing and they’ll think it’s normal to provide you with a ridiculous amount of food free of cost to you. Adding size when you’re an established adult often means cutting back elsewhere in the budget - I know my food bill close to doubles when I’m looking to add more size. Let me reiterate, eat more.[/quote]

Yes, this^. Add size now when you have somebody else footing the bill, cut on your own dime. LOL! Eat-eat-eat… Not sure how old you are but my 16-year old lifts with me and the biggest problem he has is not wanting to follow a structured diet-plan or even just take the time to eat. His strength would be closer to mine if he’d just EAT.

take this list and eat everything on it, as often as possible.

[quote]panzerfaust wrote:

take this list and eat everything on it, as often as possible.[/quote]
Thanks for the link. However, I read through until it said this diet is for weight loss, and I am not looking to lose weight. I want to increase my strength while eating lots of clean food and gaining whatever muscle comes with it.

Sorry, should have mentioned: that diet contains standard nutritional principles which can be applied for lean bulking as well as gradual fat loss.

Everything in there is clean food.

Following the rules in that diet drinking loads of milk and eating healthy fats such as nuts, along with protein shakes, will see you gain lean mass easily. The only thing in that diet which wouldn’t really apply to you, is banning bread and pasta - you should eat these while gaining mass.

I gained 20kgs over a couple of years following those principles.

Just make sure you eat heaps.

[quote]etdavis10 wrote:
I’m now at 135 pounds bodyweight but lost a lot of strength over this wrestling season and been working with starting strength doing:

bench 120 3 sets of 5
squat 180 3 x 5
deadlift 225 1 x 5

I get 8-9 hours of sleep and eat until I’m full every few hours, but I am at the point where I am unable to increase the weight every workout. Does this mean I need to start over with lower weights and slowly progress back up, or should I change routines?

My goal is strength. Thanks.[/quote]

Change routines, get on a 5/3/1 template

Don’t switch from SS till you stop progressing. Then, 5/3/1 will be your best option since i can already tell you are a program hopper( don’t take it personal i was the same). Make sure your eating consistently. Food should be your number 1 priority.