Routine for 2 Days a Week

Should have been more clear in my question I have herniated discs in my neck so no ohp which is understandable but standing curls ?!?!???!!?

Might jave to do with back position or tension/lack of tension in upper back. I would try different combinations of trap and scapula positioning and tensions. Also do be quite sure you are not scrunching your neck up unconsciously when curling as many people do.

[quote]docholliday7777 wrote:
Should have been more clear in my question I have herniated discs in my neck so no ohp which is understandable but standing curls ?!?!???!!?[/quote]

Curls are still an exercise that indirectly affect the shoulder joint&girdle. Some people can actually get shoulder pain because they do them a certain way. Also, if you have any kind of pain in the general area, it doesn’t take much to feel it.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

Should have been more clear in my question I have herniated discs in my neck so no ohp which is understandable but standing curls ?!?!???!!?[/quote]
Curls are still an exercise that indirectly affect the shoulder joint&girdle.[/quote]
I’d go with this. Curls can still have some significant trap activation.

Contreras demonstrated it here:

Some of the curls had higher mid-trap and lower trap EMG readouts than some of the face pulls or seated rows. In some curl variations, the traps showed to be working even more than the biceps.

Like Aragorn asked earlier, is it only noticeable with standing barbell or dumbbell curls or is the trap/neck pain present with any curl variation - preacher, concentration, incline, etc.?

yep doing incline curls at certain angles has set off annoying twinges in my traps. Just stick to variations that don’t hurt.

I haven’t tried other variation yet as soon as the pain started I called it a day. I will try concentration or preacher curls and post the results

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

Curls are still an exercise that indirectly affect the shoulder joint&girdle.[/quote]
I’d go with this. Curls can still have some significant trap activation.

Contreras demonstrated it here:

Some of the curls had higher mid-trap and lower trap EMG readouts than some of the face pulls or seated rows. In some curl variations, the traps showed to be working even more than the biceps.

Like Aragorn asked earlier, is it only noticeable with standing barbell or dumbbell curls or is the trap/neck pain present with any curl variation - preacher, concentration, incline, etc.?[/quote]

Cool arrticle Chris… really surprised how effective/ineffective some lifts are compared to others

Is it OK to take creatine even though I’m only training twice a week? Or is it a waste of money

Is it OK to take creatine even though I’m only training twice a week? Or is it a waste of money[/quote]

2nd generation creatine like krealkalyn or CEE you just need to take preworkout, maybe a double dose before and one after if you want to be thorough.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

Is it OK to take creatine even though I’m only training twice a week? Or is it a waste of money[/quote]

2nd generation creatine like krealkalyn or CEE you just need to take preworkout, maybe a double dose before and one after if you want to be thorough.[/quote]

Do I take it everyday or on the 2 days I train. Why is the pre workout a necessity

2nd generation creatine like krealkalyn or CEE you just need to take preworkout, maybe a double dose before and one after if you want to be thorough.[/quote]

Do I take it everyday or on the 2 days I train. Why is the pre workout a necessity [/quote]

Just on the days you train, preworkout will give the workout a boost -better work capacity and pump etc.

Do I take it everyday or on the 2 days I train. Why is the pre workout a necessity [/quote]

Just on the days you train, preworkout will give the workout a boost -better work capacity and pump etc.[/quote]

What about the creatine everyday or only training days …thanks for the advice

Just on the days you train, preworkout will give the workout a boost -better work capacity and pump etc.[/quote]

What about the creatine everyday or only training days …thanks for the advice
[/quote]

If referring to creatine mono, you just take that everyday(5g) regardless of training.

Thanks man which one do u recommend

Thanks man which one do u recommend[/quote]

CEE works really well for me, for some people it does nothing but I still recommend you try that first.

Krealkalyn is good but not cheap. Creapure seems to be the best mono and is cheap.

As many people have already stated before me, simplify this routine!
You’re wasting precious energy working body parts that have already been worked. That precious energy is better used fr high volume exercises like Deadlifts.

A simple routine like this :
A
Deadlifts 1x5
Overhead press 3x5
B
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5

with a little additional exercises will do wonders for yourself without over complicating of spending too much time in the gym.

As for the Creatine question, after workouts and throughout the day after workout shall be sufficient. Remember, your body can only absorb so much protein at a time. Spread it out throughout the day for maximal results.

Best of luck.