Routine/Diet Plan Advice

Hi,
I have been hitting the gym 5-6 days a week for the past year. For the first six months, my diet plan sucked and my gym routine was adequitte. Im 5’10 and currently weigh 175 lbs. Im trying to gain muscle mass and strength.

I need advice and feedback on my current diet plan and gym routine which I have been following for the past six months. (for the gym routine - I normally will include couple new exercises for each muscle group every two weeks just to keep it fresh) and (ps.I havent seen much improvement and gains) so to all the hardcore gym goers, my question is what am I doing wrong?
so my diet plan is on this link:

and my gym routine is here:

thx for all the advice

[quote]spartan2013 wrote:
Im 5’10 and currently weigh 175 lbs. Im trying to gain muscle mass and strength.

I need advice and feedback on my current diet plan and gym routine which I have been following for the past six months.[/quote]
In the last six months, how much weight have you gained?

What are your current bests on the basic lifts - squat, deadlift, flat bench press, row, overhead press?

Tweaks to the diet are determined by your results. Depending on exactly how much you’ve gained and your current bodyfat, we can figure out if/how much calories need to be adjusted.

As far as the training, that’s a crazy looking routine. Lots and lots of exercises, unnecessary supersets, redundant exercise choices, not a whole lot of heavier/lower rep work (to build basic strength levels). There are tons of programs here on the site. Almost any of them will be better than what you’re doing right now.

so for the past six months, I have gained a measly 2 lbs.

and for my current bests: squats 50 total 10 reps/3sets, flat bench press 90 total 8-10 reps/3sets, for overhead press, i usually substitute it with seated shoulder press using the smith machine 90 total 8-10 reps/3sets.

as far as my training schedule goes, i dont necessarily follow it to the stone (like i dont do abs everyday lol)…i dont do as many exercises either when im actually working out - I chose this schedule as it gives me flexibility and options.

what does ‘50 total’ and ‘90 total’ mean? Are those pounds? In which case you would be squatting the bar with a 2.5lb plate on each side? Or Kg’s maybe?

[quote]spartan2013 wrote:
so for the past six months, I have gained a measly 2 lbs.[/quote]
Well that answers that question.

[quote]
as far as my training schedule goes, i dont necessarily follow it to the stone (like i dont do abs everyday lol)…i dont do as many exercises either when im actually working out - I chose this schedule as it gives me flexibility and options.[/quote]
You want opinions on a routine you don’t even do?

Simplify everything. Eat more.

And i’ll steal this one from Chris; what exactly did you eat yesterday?

When your answer to “how much do you squat” is is a 2 digit number, you need a basic strength program.

Google “Starting Strength”.

Please tell me you’re not paying this “marcfitt.com” guy. If you are, by all means, tell him you asked for other opinions of your routine and direct him to this thread. I’m certainly not trying to call anyone out or start some kind of E-war, but if you’ve been with this guy for six months and this is the progress you’ve seen, you (and we) deserve an explanation. You should not be spending money on this level of “service.”

Relevant side note: Any professional trainer who spells the word “exercices” in a document they provide a client deserves to be publicly shamed. It’s not even an issue where one can claim “language barrier” or “grammar nazi.” It’s a fundamental aspect of the profession, and is a direct reflection of how much/little attention you pay to the service you’re providing.

Everything. Literally everything you’re currently doing is wrong.

You’re clearly not eating enough total calories, as evidenced by zero weight gain in half a freaking year’s time. Two pounds in six months is, for all practical purposes, zero. The human body can “gain” two pounds over the course of a few hours.

You’re not following a well-designed training program consistently. You’re making changes every two weeks for no reason at all. You (may or may not be) doing some mutated forms of moderately advanced training techniques (fucking triple and quadruple drop sets?!?).

In addition to x2ing the “what did you eat yesterday” question, I have to ask what exactly did your last workout look like - what exercises, sets, and reps did you do?

^^^^^^^^^^
Fantastic.

I tried to go to the guys site and send him this thread in an email but I had to enter a bunch of personal stuff so I decided I didn’t care enough.

Looks like he spent 100 bucks on that program. Gross.

Marc Fitt may have a ripped body, but seeing a pic of him deadlifting 190kg with straps AND a mixed grip on his site and watching a YouTube “motivational” vid of him squatting 2 plates and not even coming remotely close to parallel, while showing off his anorexic girl’s legs, says it all for me.

get on a Dan John program