Routine Critique

Hi,
I wrote a workout routine and I would you to critique it. Basically I’m focusing on getting stronger on the big lifts, as assistance I’ll do a superset/giant-set and after that some form of sprints.

A:
power-clean 3X3
squat 2-3X5-8
bench 2-3X5-8
giant set: 3 times with minimal rest as possible-pullup+Inc. bench (6 reps±) and high rep (10-20) squat.
sprints/ hard cardio

B:
military press 3X5-8
deadlift 1X5
*sometime I might do an explosive deficit deadlift after/instead the deads
giant set: 3 times with minimal rest as possible- dips+kroc row both super heavy, on dips shooting for 5-8 rep and building the row for a max set of 10+
sprints/ hard cardio

Rotating between A and B 3 times a week AXBXAXX.
Yesterday I tried the deadlift workout and I did on the giant set a squat but I couldn’t work well on the squat after the deadlift and I need another leg work on that day, what do you suggest? EDIT: Just thought of doing DB swings shooting for 20 rep.
Thanks in advance!

What have you been doing up until now?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
What have you been doing up until now?[/quote]
Basically a few months of mistakes and typical magazines routines and about half year of training but nothing super serious. I built my lifts on a FBW but nothing really impressive-
squat 100kg ~220.5lbs for 5 reps
deadlift 140kg ~ 308.5lbs for single
press 45kg ~ 100lbs for 6-8 reps (can’t tell)
power clean 70kg ~ 155lbs for triple
all this on a body weight of 155 lbs and my height is 6.1’'.

What are you trying to get out of the giant sets? Volume? Conditioning?

I’m also not sure the Power Cleans before Squats makes sense, but I’m not really sure how else to work it in.

Also, based on height and bodyweight, I’d probably drop the sprints/hard cadio from one of the days. I’m of the opinion that high intensity cardio should only be done once or twice a week, but low-medium can be done more frequently. From both a calorie expenditure standpoint and just recovery standpoint, I think it will work contrary to your goal of getting stronger on the big lifts. Basically, that you’ll stall quicker and or get run down.

Of course, that might not be the case for you.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

I’m also not sure the Power Cleans before Squats makes sense, but I’m not really sure how else to work it in.

Also, based on height and bodyweight, I’d probably drop the sprints/hard cadio from one of the days. I’m of the opinion that high intensity cardio should only be done once or twice a week, but low-medium can be done more frequently. From both a calorie expenditure standpoint and just recovery standpoint, I think it will work contrary to your goal of getting stronger on the big lifts. Basically, that you’ll stall quicker and or get run down.

Of course, that might not be the case for you.[/quote]
The giant sets are for both, adding volume and condition. I also want to build the capacity to work with heavy weight, high volume and condition as well. I’m joining to special force in about 2 years and I need everything I described.
I’ll drop the sprints on the squat day, it seems better that way.
The goal is basically to be faster, to build the endurance in general and to be strong. I know that as long as I’m eating properly the size will come with all of those. Thank you for your help.

Any more suggestions?

[quote]Regev19978 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

The giant sets are for both, adding volume and condition. I also want to build the capacity to work with heavy weight, high volume and condition as well. I’m joining to special force in about 2 years and I need everything I described.
The goal is basically to be faster, to build the endurance in general and to be strong. I know that as long as I’m eating properly the size will come with all of those. Thank you for your help.

Any more suggestions?[/quote]

If your goal is to join special forces, I am curious why you aren’t just doing what the ex-special forces guy in your previous topic said to do. I thought his advice was right on the money. I feel like most of the energy you are expending on this weight training woudl be better invested on rucking and PT, because those will have much better carryover.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Regev19978 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

Any more suggestions?[/quote]

If your goal is to join special forces, I am curious why you aren’t just doing what the ex-special forces guy in your previous topic said to do. I thought his advice was right on the money. I feel like most of the energy you are expending on this weight training woudl be better invested on rucking and PT, because those will have much better carryover.[/quote]
I’m planning to do it once a week but I still need to program my training smartly which is what I need help for.

[quote]Regev19978 wrote:
I’m planning to do it once a week but I still need to program my training smartly which is what I need help for.[/quote]

Were I in your situation, and intelligent programming for joining special forces was my goal, I would switch parameters and do the special forces training for the MAJORITY of my training time and leave the weights for once a week, rather than the other way around.

I feel like you would be in a much better position if your training was far more focused on push-ups, pull ups, sit ups, running, swimming (especially if you’re looking at going SEAL), and rucking while saving the lifting for once a week. Lifting isn’t going to go very far in making you a better soldier, as the carryover to PT/running is incredibly limited, and the time spent on it would be better invested training specifically for the special forces.

I feel like the best action would be to revist that topic and try to incorporate that advice into a multiple time a week approach. You may consider something like SEALFIT as well.