T Nation

Routine Check

Hey guys i decided to post my routine and current stats so that all you more experianced lifters could help me out.Im 15 years old 186 lbs and 6'2.My BF percentage is 22%.My eating habits are good and i eat alot of protein and fruit and i drink a N large 2 protein shake in the morning.heres my routine.

Monday: Bench press
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Incline Flies
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Lat pulldowns
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Low row
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Tricep dips
3 sets 10 reps
Dumb curls
3 sets 10 reps
Seated dumb curls
3 sets 10 reps
Tricep pressdowns
3 sets 10 reps
Wrist curls
3 sets 10 reps
Tuesday:
Squats
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Leg Press
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Power cleans
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Front raises
3 sets 10 reps
Shrugs
3 sets 10 reps
Hyperextensions
3 sets 10 reps
Thursgay:
Incline flies
3 sets 10 reps
Flat dumb press
3 sets 10 reps
Pull ups
3 sets 10 reps
Bent rows
3 sets 10 reps
Skull Crushers
3 sets 10 reps
Barbell curls
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Wrist curls
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Seated dumb curls
3 sets 10 reps
Tricep pressdowns
3 sets 10 reps
Friday:
Deadlifts
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Leg Extensions
3 sets 10 reps
Leg curls
3 sets 10 reps
Dumb militay press
3 sets 10 reps
Upright rows
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Rear delts
3 sets 10,8,6 reps
Calf raises
3 sets 10 reps

I also ride the bike at the gym for 20 minutes on tuesday and friday. Im very serious about lifting and i would like to get huge and compete. How long Do you guys think it be till i start seeing real resulsts and getting big? Please help. thanks guys

honestly i think your routine sucks! it looks like something you cut and pasted out of muscle and fitness.

also at 22%, no you do not eat good. your diet blows, if you work out that much plus do cardio and your still 22%.

what are your goals bro? there are lots of routines here that we could help you with if you tell us.

I didn't think 6'2, 185 lbs, and 22% body fat can really exist o_O

Where did you get your fat percentage checked?

Well my routine was given to me by my perosnal trainer at the gym i go too and he also checked my fat percentage.And my goals.. Id like to get into competative bodybuilding i wanna be huge and very defined. I really want bulging veins and all that stuff. What would you guys recomend?

I too think that your bodyfat is probably lower, I am about your age and only 5'6" at about 175-180 lbs with a bf of 16-18%. I would try to lift heavier and move away from the 3x10 for a little while. There are many great programs on t-mag, you probably want to look at the previous issues. You also said that your diet is good, could you please elaborate on how many cals, protein, fat, and carbs. Also what are your goals? With more info it would be easier to help. I am by no means an "expert", but I am learning more each day. I would take a look at T-Dawg 2.0 if you are trying to lose fat, I just started it today. I would skip the direct arm work and isolation exercises for a while, and go with a 5x5 or 8x3 with deadlifts, squats, bench press, rows, romainan deadlift or goodmorning, and some oly lifts if you can learn them. Hope this wasn't too much of a rambling, and hopefully it helps. Stick around these boards and read all you can, It will help you a lot.

Your stats suggest you have about 145lbs lean mass at 6'2. You are very young, so this is understandable as you have yet to develop your muscle. As your lean mass increases, your bodyfat percentage will naturally decrease. Normally I would suggest someone with 22%BF to lose the fat first, but in your case your lean mass is so low and this is the reason for the high fat levels, so working on adding lean mass will be beneficial. Example: if you put on 50 lbs lean mass, you will be at 195lbs lean and around 235 total. At that point, without trying to reduce bodyfat, your bodyfat % will be around 17%. At that point you can reduce fat % to 10 which would, in a perfect world of pure fat loss, bring your stats to 215lbs @10%bf. You can then work on adding more lean mass again at that point if wished. Don't expect the initial lean mass gain to happen overnight. Give it time, you are young after all, and you'll do fine.

I'd recommend you do Defranco's "training economy" workout for 4 or 6 weeks. By then you should have good idea of what to do if you've been reading this site's archives and forums. Eat enough food to grow if that's your goal and eat clean and around maintenance if you plan on getting leaner. N-Large is crap except for maybe post workout and even then it is only so-so. I'd reccommend you check out Berardi's Massive Eating article for your diet.

A good place to start will be to go to the frequently asked ? section on the T-mag homepage. Read all of it. It is loaded with links to great training programs by coach's with proven track records. Pick one that you think fits your goals and come back with ?'s for us. While you are there check out all the other info. on nutriton, training, etc., having your diet in line is going to be your biggest factor in your goals.

Read up and come on back.

Phill

This routine has a lot of probems. Just skimming, I pick a few of the more obvious ones.

• Why follow DB curls with seated DB curls unless you are going to chane the grip or the angle (hammer grip, or incline curls)?

• Ditch the leg press, leg extensions

• Power cleans AFTER squats and leg press? Power movements shouls always come first in the workout. Also, the number of reps per set is too high for cleans. You would be better off doing more sets with fewer reps (1-3).

• I saw some low back work in there, but nothing for the rest of the core (abs,obliques) what gives?

As for the bodyfat %, how did he measure it? Callipers? How many sites, where?

Thanks for all the advice guys. Im looking for a new routine on the site but so far i havent found one that really looks good . ill keep lookin and get back to you guys.

try the abbh, growth surge, or ovt combined with massive eating.

WTF, you haven't found a routine that looks good!?!?!? At 15 it's hard to pick a routine that doesn't work (the only thing that usually doesn't work, is the 15 year old).

The secret training method that most people need to learn is....

work hard using compound movements (Squat, Deadlift, OL variations, Bench, Pull-up variations, Row variations, etc.) Eat plenty of protein and good fats, and modulate your carbs. Get plenty of rest between workouts.

You could try:
Monday: Squat,Pullups
Wednesday: Bench Press,Barbell row
Friday: Deadlift, Military press
1st training goal:
Bench press: 75 lbs
Squat: 100 lbs
Deadlift: 125 lbs
2nd training goal (you start seeing results):
Bench press: 150 lbs
Squat: 200 lbs
Deadlift: 250 lbs
Don't rush: you will need some years to reach these targets. Each workout try to add some weight to Squat&Deadlift (5%) and Bench Press (3%). Perform 3 working sets (6-12 reps)for all the exercises. Every 2-3 months take a week off. Whenever you start a new training cycle lower the weights about 15%.
As Loopfitt said try progressively during the next years to reach a weight of 215 lbs, 10% bodyfat.