T Nation

Routine Check

Hi there, came across this site yesterday and read many articles already

been training for 1 year now,went from roughly 150lbs to 180 or so. Kind of a hard gainer hah, I’m 6ft3 tall, so plenty of work to do, but at least diet is ok.
Main focus is strength, not much volume

I’m going to the gym twice a week only, given that I also run on the fridays and play football the sundays. Tried 3 times a week but that’s when I got injured and had to stop for 2 months because of my shoulders. Came back and tried again with lighter weights but still felt exhausted after 2 or 3 weeks doing so (plus light weights’ squats,deadlifts, and bench press are boring)

Is this routine ok ?

monday : back squat 4X8 - bench press 3X7 - decline bench 3X7 - rowing 4X8 - shoulder shocker 3X12 - triceps bar 4X8 - abs

thursday : deadlift 2X5 then 3X3 - bench press 3X7 - decline bench 3X7 - rowing 4X8 - shoulder shocker 3X12 - biceps bar 4X8 - abs

anyone have anything to add to that 2-day routine ?

after the shoulder shockers, do 3x12 extreme curlz supersetted with 3x12 crazy hungarians

Ab training and not a single pull up in your program facepalm

seriously, if you train twice a week, stick to compounds only. this means

Deadlifts
Squats
Bench Press
Military Press
Dips
Pull ups
Rows

Pick one push, one pull and one lower body move for each workout and do 20-40 reps in the 4-8 rep range with it. Done.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:
Ab training and not a single pull up in your program facepalm

seriously, if you train twice a week, stick to compounds only. this means

Deadlifts
Squats
Bench Press
Military Press
Dips
Pull ups
Rows

Pick one push, one pull and one lower body move for each workout and do 20-40 reps in the 4-8 rep range with it. Done.[/quote]

+1