T Nation

Routine Check

I know this is not a full full routine, but this was the advice of one of the top coaches in my country,,, any suggestions?

3 day workout:
Day 1
Calvs and hamstring
Day 2
Free
Day 3
Shoulders, bicep and triceps
Day 4
Free
Day 5
Calvs and cuadriceps
Day 6
Free
Day 7
Free
Day 8
Chest and back
Day 9
Start over

On free days I would do cardio

I never did this kind of routine,, on a 3 day routine I used to do:

monday
Chest and triceps
tuesday
cardio
Wednesday
Back and triceps
Thurday
cardio
Friday
lower body and shoulders
saturdays
abs
sundays
basketball

What do you guys think?? This is is very well known in my country,,

Wow, what the hell is wrong with your country? Never seen this, but it looks like a pretty shitty routine to me. Your other routine looks better than this one. I wouldn’t recommend only doing chest and back every nine days.

hehe, yeah, I find it to be a very strange routine.

There is a 4 day routine, but I just want to go mon-wen-fri to the gymn and the other days cardio (I mean running-sprinting).

I was reading at Thibaudeau’s beginners article, but actually I am still confused, sorry.

Id love to know what country so I can not go there to train.

Id find a better training program. If you are going to split body parts then the whole idea is that you get to go to the gym more often and train them each 1/weekish. thibaldeu has some good split programs on here. try that.

-chris

There are lots of three day programs that are good. Starting Strength is one of them, I believe. Most of the effective three day programs I have seen require a total body workout three days a week. I may be wrong, but I think Starting Strength is a 3-day. I have heard good things about it.

Also there is a good article here by Chad Waterbury that varies the intensities over the three days. If three days is your goal, you should look at some of these programs.

where can I this Starting Strength , on this same site there is something that says “Starting Strength” but its an interview.

Here is a thread on it.

Here is the Waterbury article I was referring to http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/totalbody_training

what the fuck is that

Here’s a good site about Starting Strength: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki . If your coach is able to teach you how to squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press and power clean with good form, you don’t need any other information. If it is not the case, buy the book here: http://www.aasgaardco.com/ ; you’ll find very detailed description of every lift.

is “Starting Strength” good for my main purpose? Its losing fat and gain strength (5’9’’ or 10 and 208 lbs)

[quote]jmodesto wrote:
is “Starting Strength” good for my main purpose? Its losing fat and gain strength (5’9’’ or 10 and 208 lbs)[/quote]

Gain strength yes, fat loss…maybe, especially if you add a 10-15 mins of HIIT at the end of every WO. In any case, diet is EXTREMELY important to reduce body fat!

then I shouldnt go with Starting Strength, any other one??

Bottom line is, more muscle = higher metabolism = greater fat loss. At your height and weight I’m guessing you would transform your physique drastically by simply lifting and gaining muscle. But as Faniop stated, a 15 minute HIIT routine every other day would accelerate this fat loss.

You could do this on workout days or not, doesn’t matter. If you are planning on doing SSC (Steady-State Cardio) on your off days, you really don’t need to add anything else. Although, I still recommend HIIT in place of the SSC.

[quote]jmodesto wrote:
then I shouldnt go with Starting Strength, any other one??[/quote]

Sorry for not being clear enough: Starting Stregnth is a very good program for a beginner; however, to OPTIMIZE fat loss, you should do some cardio (Steady-State or High Intensity Interval Training) and follow a good diet (basically, reduce calories from carbohydrates and eat at least 1-1,5 gr of proteins per pound of bodyweight, in five or six meals a day).

Yeah, for my diet im going into a paleo food diet, something like this:

Meal 1
eggs+veggies

Meal 2
whey protein

Meal 3
chicken breast + salad

Meal 4
whey protein

Meal 5
1 portion turkey
Salad

As suplements, Im going for Flameout+whey+HOT-ROX

Whey is for meal 2 and 4, and post workout.
Flameout and HOT-ROX are to be taken as indicated

[quote]jmodesto wrote:
Yeah, for my diet im going into a paleo food diet, something like this:

Meal 1
eggs+veggies

Meal 2
whey protein

Meal 3
chicken breast + salad

Meal 4
whey protein

Meal 5
1 portion turkey
Salad

As suplements, Im going for Flameout+whey+HOT-ROX

Whey is for meal 2 and 4, and post workout.
Flameout and HOT-ROX are to be taken as indicated
[/quote]

Too bad for you. This diet looks like no fun.

-chris

hows that?? u mean no fun or no good?

Yeah the first routine is no good, you’re not gonna lose fat doing Calves haha.

And if you want to do calves you can easily do them every workout 5 days a week and probably not tire them out, just do a Soleus focus one day and Gastroc focus the next.

Since you want to lose some weight as well as build muscle make sure you find a routine that focuses on chest/back/and legs and is something simple like Starting Strength.

I mean with the diet, he said “too bad for u”, thats not a good way to make a critic since hes not pointing what exactly he means, no offense intented or taken.

Avocado, let’s assume that he’s talking about AROUND the nutritional value of the following.

He doesn’t have to be too specific, so no big deal