Lat Raise (2 Sets of 4-6 Reps)
Upright Row (2 Sets of 4-6 Reps)

Back + Traps (Wednesdays)

Bent Lateral Raise (3 Sets of 4-6 Reps)
Bent Over Row (3 Sets of 4-6 Reps)
Dead Lift (3 Sets of 4-6 Reps)
Pull Ups (3 Sets of 4-6 Reps)
Shoulder Shrug (3 Sets of 4-6 Reps)
Straight Leg Dead Lift (3 Sets of 4-6 Reps)

Chest + Forearms (Thursdays)

Bench Press (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Incline Bench Press (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Bench Fly (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Wrist Extension Palm Up (2 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Wrist Extension Palm Down (2 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Push Ups (Weighted)(3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Fly Incline (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Fly (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Fly Decline (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)

Legs (Fridays)

Dead Lift (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Squat (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Calf Raise (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Lunge (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Leg Extension (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)
Leg Curl (3 Sets of 8-10 Reps)

I Eat A can of tuna or chicken after each workout with a protein shake. Immediately after each workout I consume 114 grams of protein.
I weigh 180 Pounds.

Any advice?

Some quick observations…

-Biceps should not get their own day

-It’s generally a good idea to have your most straining exercise first (ex. deadlifts would be first on back day)

-You have deadlifts on the same day as squats. If you want to do RDL or Stiff-Legs after squats that’s one thing, but I would advise against doing squats and conventional deads on same day.

-You have deadlifts for reps of 8-10. Deads (as well as cleans or snatches) should generally be done for no more than 6 reps.

-You have THREE freaking flies on chest day. One will suffice

-Too many exercises in general. On same days you are potentially doing 34 or 40 sets. This is too much.

If you want to do 5 days/week, you could switch up your program to look like this…

M-Back
T-Chest
W-Legs
TH-Shoulders and traps
F-Arms

I would limit the exercises on each day to 6 at the most. Whether you are doing a 5-day bodybuilding split, 3day/week TBT, or 4 day upper/lower, you should be trying to get stronger.

When you have 8-9 exercises you will end up losing the intensity that you need to make progress. What does your diet look like?

The ab work also seems a bit excessive. You are training one half of your core to the extreme and completely neglecting the other half. It would be like if you did biceps 5 days a week and never did any tri extensions.

I would cut down on the ab work a bit and add some back extensions to avoid major imbalances. Squats, deads, and overhead pressing are very good for your core, so you may not even need the ab work at all.

Monday? Biceps are really nothing compared to your entire body. Chin-ups are a good bicep exercise but they don’t need their own day. You can make an entire arm day and make it pretty intense though.

I assume you are going to use antagonist splits? The deadlift should be the first exercise in your workout on Wednesday. Start with the heaviest weights/compound movements and as the workout goes on the weight gets lighter.

Chitown made some excellent points though - however you can do deads and squats on the same day, although since your already doing them I wouldn’t, and it would affect the quality of your workout too much. I would add a little more leg variations.

Your workout is clearly based around beach muscles…you have more excercises for your pecs alone then for your entire lower body. And the ab work? I never seen a program with so much focus on core. Squats are some of the best ab exercises. You need to balance this program.

Not sure how long you have been training for but if you are just beginning this might be a bit taxing.

[quote]Don.Dul wrote:
ABS (Every other Day)
2x 60 Sit-Ups
60 Oblique Sit-Ups (Right)
60 Oblique Sit-Ups (Left)
30 Weighted Sit-Ups (32lbs)
60 Leg Lifts
60 Crunches
30 Leg Raise
2x 30 Bicycle
[/quote]

ABS 4-5 times a week…way too much. As well as WAY too much stuff for your abs. Most of those exercises are crap too.

if you must do bi’s on their own day; it should be due to time. if not; double it up with back. Also, all three of those maily work the same area of your bi. Think about it; your hand is in the same position for pretty much all of that.

Too much variety. Plus, two sets is nothing. You should just be warmed up after that.

like already said, deadlifts should be first.
Straight leg deadlifts aren’t for back or traps (primarliy) they are for hamstrings.

Again, too much work; not enough sets. Too many lifts.

Deads should be done once a week; but if your body can handle it…go for it.

but no carbs; hm…i’d add carbs. 114g protien right after a workout…goddam kid.

180lbs at what height?

this needs ALOT of work.

[quote]chitown34 wrote:
-You have deadlifts for reps of 8-10. Deads (as well as cleans or snatches) should generally be done for no more than 6 reps.[/quote]

8-10 isn’t a bad idea.

that’ll be more for conditioning.

6 reps isn’t the ONLY number a person can do.

your other points are pretty dead on though…the OP needs to change up alot of what he’s got planned.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
chitown34 wrote:
-You have deadlifts for reps of 8-10. Deads (as well as cleans or snatches) should generally be done for no more than 6 reps.

8-10 isn’t a bad idea.

that’ll be more for conditioning.

6 reps isn’t the ONLY number a person can do. quote]

Yeah I probably shouldn’t have limited it so low, and I myself use the 8-10 range to warm up and used sets of 12 @ light weight when I was rehabbing my back. I just have visions of a guy banging out a bunch of sloppy dl’s week after a week without getting stronger.

by the way I’m 6’2". Thanks for the advice guys. I’m definitely going to change the routine as needed. As for the “training the beach muscles” comment. I planned this workout based on the MAX OT routine. I’m really serious about building strength. This is my first goal. Looking good is a plus but it’s not the main concern.

My diet is usually cereal or cottage cheese in the morning with a glass of orange juice.
I drink a lot of water throughout the day.
Lunch is about a cup of vegetables, an apple, a cereal bar and a large sandwich.
Before working out I’ll drink a small glass of milk and eat a piece of bread with a generous coat of peanut butter.

After my workouts I eat a can of tuna (20g), three scoops of Body Fortress Whey Protein with about three glasses of milk (94g).
Dinner is whatever my dad makes. This ranges from stir-fry, to spaghetti, to pierogies, and anything in between.

Again I’m 17 years old and really looking to put my bodybuilding into focus.
The help is much appreciated!

You’ve gotten a lot of good advice here on how to switch up your routine, but really there’s so many things wrong you may want to start from scratch, just follow a program that is outlined on this site such as starting strength.

As for your diet, eat more! That doesn’t look like very much food, especially breakfast. More protein throughout most of the day, but you really don’t need 114 grams after workout.

If strength is your goal, then I don’t think this workout is the best.

Maybe you could try westside for skinny bastards, its a great strength program which has been really successful to alot of people. Its also much simplier.

Or try Thib’s beast building program which is designed to make your CNS more efficient at recruiting muscle fibers which will result in you being able to lift more weight. The size will come with the strength.

And that doesn’t look like much food. Have the tuna for lunch. I don’t think your body will be able to process 114g of protein at once. Eat eggs and definately more protein.

Your back day should be ur arm day also, your indirectly working ur arms on ur back day so dont make a day strictly for arms.