Rousey vs Mayweather in MMA Fight

This might be better suited for the combat thread but I thought it would be interesting. Just like the title says does anyone thing Ronda Rousy could beat Floyd Mayweather in a MMA fight. I would say Rousy wins easy if she can bring the fight to the ground but I don’t think she would be quick enough to get to Mayweather. Your thoughts?

O and Rousy is 5’7 fights at 135, while Mayweather is 5’8 155

You do know Rousey is a woman?

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
You do know Rousey is a woman? [/quote]

Yeah but you don’t even give her a shot, I do think she loses but I do think she would make the fight competitive, especially if they fought at a catch weight.

No chance Floyd wins this, assuming Floyd does zero grappling/Judo/MMA related training.
This is not even close to a proper contest.
Floyd has about the same chance as fighting a Klischko.

If he prepares himself, it gets complicated quickly-
How long will he train? A week? A year?
Who will be his coach? Greg Jackson & team? The guy who prepared James Toney?
Unified MMA rules? Any extra rules?
Where will they fight and who’s the judge? US? Japan? Will they let Ronda buttscoot and shinkick a la Ali-Inoki?

Finally, in what parallel universe would that fight take place?
Oh, that I can answer!
The one where Queen Mum leaks a sexvid with the reptilian spacepope, because in every other one,
Floyd would never, ever fight Ronda Rousey

I agree, the fight would never happen and even if it could Floyd would never take the fight. But it would be regular UFC rules. And let’s give them 6 month’s to prepare.

Six months is not much.
Again, who’s the coach? What about steroids? etc

Assuming Floyd is training daily and dilligently under amazing coaches, he has a decent shot, maybe 50-50.
But you can only pick up so many tricks and principles.
What if he’s untalented?

Thing is, while he will be much bigger than Rousey, his specialty will be worthless on the ground. Her excellent bread and butter moves involve her hips vs his lanky arms.
A thaiboxer has a waaaaaaaaaay better base than an outboxer.
If he can uppercut her as she rushes in, it’s over. If she can clinch, he’s gonna fly, with her immediately on top.

Rousey gets hit by women with 1% of the ability of PBF. How is she not going to get punched by him?

Because Rousey won’t sign a waiver stating “I will let you hit me at least once before I’ll trip /hiptoss /lift /throw /singleleg yo ass” ?

Boxers have no magic means to cleanly hit grapplers on their way in.
This has been proven ad nauseam.

Make no mistake, he has -in theory- the speed and reflexes to knock her silly.
But in praxis, eg the clinch techniques Floyd uses instinctivly for 30+ years would totally work against him.
He would have to train quite a bit to even stand a chance.

We are talking about a woman whose skills are measured against other women. We aren’t talking about PBF vs GSP.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
We are talking about a woman whose skills are measured against other women. We aren’t talking about PBF vs GSP.
[/quote]

Not relevant.

It is rather conclusive that someone with no grappling experience whatsoever loses to someone who has extensive grappling experience.

And it’s not like Mayweather is a strength freak who can just out-muscle whatever Rousey does.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
[/quote]

Not relevant.

It is rather conclusive that someone with no grappling experience whatsoever loses to someone who has extensive grappling experience.

And it’s not like Mayweather is a strength freak who can just out-muscle whatever Rousey does.[/quote]
And fights start standing.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
Rousey gets hit by women with 1% of the ability of PBF. How is she not going to get punched by him? [/quote].

I think 1% is a little low. But I don’t think Mayweather gets a chance to land a clean punch

I hate these arguments. They’re different sports. Totally different. Different skillsets, different tactics, different stances, different strategies… they’re no more similar than sprinting and football. Sure, speed is important in football, but just because a sprinter is fast doesn’t mean they’re going to be good at anything remotely relating to the game.

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
Rousey gets hit by women with 1% of the ability of PBF. How is she not going to get punched by him? [/quote].

I think 1% is a little low. But I don’t think Mayweather gets a chance to land a clean punch
[/quote]
Even though Meisha did.

Jesus, forget that - anyone see this Rousey woman call out Ann Wolfe?

I don’t know shit about MMA, but I know that Wolfe is a bad motherfucker …

Yeah, Roussey is obviously kind of an attention whore if you haven’t noticed. She’ll pretty much say anything to get people talking about her (even negative press is press) and she kinda likes to play the bad girl. You can bet your bottom dollar that she would never actually step into a boxing match with Wolfe thinking she was going to win. Well, actually she does kind of suffer from delusions of grandeur, so maybe hold off on that bet.

In an MMA fight Roussey takes Wolfe’s arm hold with her; in a boxing match Wolfe smashed Roussey.

In regards to the OP, in a MMA fight I would say the odds would be in Roussey’s favor as Floyd would have to KO her coming in and be able to prevent her from ever getting into clinching range, ever, because of Roussey got a hold of him he would be going down and not getting back up until Ronda had her hand(s) raised in victory. That’s pretty tough to do. He certainly hasn’t done that often in his boxing matches. You also have to consider that the decrease in glove size could mean an easier KO, but it also means a greater chance of breaking your hand.

Mayweather has tremendous speed and reflexes though, so it’s definitely possible that he could put Roussey to sleep.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Jesus, forget that - anyone see this Rousey woman call out Ann Wolfe?

I don’t know shit about MMA, but I know that Wolfe is a bad motherfucker …
[/quote]

Rousey was a Judo champ prior to MMA. She is currently undefeated, although the talent pool in her division is seriously shallow compared to pro-boxing (she is sitting at 9-0). She has great to amazing(I would want JellyRoll or KMC to weigh in on the depth of women’s judo) judo, decent “grappling” and sort of serviceable stand up(that is getting better)

Shadow Boxing in 2013

2014 workout (starts with Judo, body shield at 8:00, Mitts at 10:30 and you need to watch that, double end ball at 19:00)

She is a force in MMA, but I am not seeing Pro boxing level skill. Of course her nickname is Rowdy so we should expect some bad form comments. I can see challenging Mayweather, just the money would make any beating where a ref can save you worth it.

I have no clue why she is randomly calling Wolfe out, though Wolfe might jump at it for the money.

I will state that grapplers have an enviable record of taking down and smashing folks who “only” train stand up in MMA, Vale Tudo, etc. Even when outweighed.

Regards,

Robert A

Side Note:

I am not a Rousey fan at all. She manages to ramp the bitchiness to levels that I just don’t care for. In female MMA I am in the Chris Cyborg fan club, which on this board has I think dwindled to just me since DarkNinjaa doesn’t seem to be around any more(where the hell is she anyway?).

Cyborg working pads.

http://www.bjpenn.com/video-cybrog-hits-pads-and-its-scary/

Christine evidently likes Jesus, and causing closed head injuries.

Regards,

Robert A

She does secure the clinch by more or less running straight threw a million punches. Who knows maybe she would shoot in, but there is a slight possibility she could get KO’d. Kind of like any fight any mma fighter would have against a boxer.