T Nation

Rousey Can Beat Cain

Its one thing to be confident, but she's stupidly arrogant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-ronda-rousey-says-she-could-beat-heavyweight-171849440--mma.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1841242-ufcs-ronda-rousey-thinks-she-could-beat-cain-velasquez

"In any given moment, under the right circumstance, I think it is possible," Rousey said of beating Velasquez. "You cannot tell me that it is physically impossible. It is possible that in any given moment that I could beat him. I simply believe in my possibilities."

In any given moment, under the right set of circumstances, it is possible for virtually anybody to beat virtually anybody else. By definition it is possible.

It is, however, astronomically improbable.

Watching the way she behaves on TUF this season, I'm convinced she is insane ....

Talented fighter, but batshit crazy

I mean, shes good. But shes a she, and Cain is a HW he. The comparison is silly.

^^This

There are plenty of scenarios or circumstances that I can think of where Rousey "beats" Cain (most don't involve an MMA match though), but in a sport which is designed to pit two highly conditioned, highly skilled athletes against each other within a given set of rules which seek to make the playing field "fair", it is exceedingly rare when a fighter from a smaller weight class (or in Roussey's case, 4 weight classes) fighter to defeat a larger weight class fighter (especially the champ), and that's not even taking into account the male vs female component.

99.9% of the time Cain stomps Ronda into oblivion within the first round.

She sure could, all she'd need is a gun.

This is just some dumb broad spewing off at the mouth to get attention. There is a ZERO percent chance she could beat Velasquez. I'd say there is a 95+% chance he'd beat that bitch to death in the first half minute though. This thread is silly. Almost as silly as Jones saying he'd fight Klitschko in a boxing match.

Lol. Nicely played there, that's for sure.

As much as it shames me, I do watch this TUF season.
(But my gf watches with me and knows all figher's names! That was the plan all along!)

TV edits the shit out of reality concepts like TUF.
Weeks upon weeks of footage means they can warp a charismatic personality into a bumbling idiot.
With that in mind- Ronda STILL comes across as mentally unstable.

Also, why should UFC brass try to tarnish their female champ?

http://www.bjpenn.com/video-ronda-rousey-spars-with-gegard-mousasi/

In case there was a doubt in anyones mind........

I think it would depend upon what time of the month it was.

That is a rather ridiculous statement on Ronda's part. I mean Tate could def probably take Cain but I am not sure Ronda's armbars would work on Cain.

Anyways though I spoke once with my friend about Ronda. Could I, a 180 lb man, at the time 205, beat Ronda in a grappling match or MMA fight. If she came in lean at 135 and I came in lean at 170 both with our current skill set. I have some boxing and wrestling skill and I know a few submissions. My wrestling is by far the best aspect of my game but I am by no means near an olympic level the way Ronda is with her judo.

My only advantages are size and strength that come with being a man. Her grappling skills are probably way better then mine.

I used to think there would be no way Ronda could beat me. Not trying to sound cocky or anything. Now though I no longer feel that way. I feel like this topic has been discussed before. Essentially it is semi-trained man vs slightly/maybe more then slightly smaller in size trained female.

On a related note I have to admit Chris Santos would fuck my day up if I ever had to fight her. That much us indisputable.

That is a rather ridiculous statement on Ronda's part. I mean Tate could def probably take Cain but I am not sure Ronda's armbars would work on Cain.

Anyways though I spoke once with my friend about Ronda. Could I, a 180 lb man, at the time 205, beat Ronda in a grappling match or MMA fight. If she came in lean at 135 and I came in lean at 170 both with our current skill set. I have some boxing and wrestling skill and I know a few submissions. My wrestling is by far the best aspect of my game but I am by no means near an olympic level the way Ronda is with her judo.

My only advantages are size and strength that come with being a man. Her grappling skills are probably way better then mine.

I used to think there would be no way Ronda could beat me. Not trying to sound cocky or anything. Now though I no longer feel that way. I feel like this topic has been discussed before. Essentially it is semi-trained man vs slightly/maybe more then slightly smaller in size trained female.

On a related note I have to admit Chris Santos would fuck my day up if I ever had to fight her. That much us indisputable.

Dude, no 135 lb fighter is going to be beating the HW champ in a sanctioned MMA fight, especially a 135 lb female fighter. Tate, Cyborg, and Rousey would all get smashed by Cain, even if he fought them all in a row.

Of course a woman can beat a man under certain conditions. A man untrained in Judo would lose to Rhonda in a Judo match. A man untrained in BJJ would lose to Kyra Gracie in a BJJ match. When you factor in size and strength differences they matter in the same way that they matter with men. The bigger and stronger the opponent the higher skill level the smaller person, male or female, will need to compensate.

The problem for women, and even men, is when you start going away from a sport context with specific rules and move towards "reality." Being good, or even great, at Judo, BJJ, wrestling, or any other combat sport and/or combat art's sport side, does not mean you know self-defense regardless of size and sex differences. That's why it's not hard to imagine a 135 pound male UFC fighter getting his ass kicked by a 225 pound guy who is "just" an experienced street fighter.

Good lord did you guys watch the video? He was ragdolling her around and laughing about it. She could never beat a heavyweight fighter even if he had a broken arm.

I couldn't even see a point to that "training." Gegard wasn't getting anything out of it and I don't think Rousey was getting anything out of it other than some humility...although I have my doubts about that even.

Yeah my bad I was being sarcastic. I was just playing some Miesha Tate favoritism.

Wheres this video of Ronda getting tossed around?

Nvm found it

JDS has said before that He could defeat a Klitchko in boxing with four months preparation. I wonder if anyone thinks that is perposterous too.

It's beyond preposterous. It's dumb as fuck.