Rotator Cuff

Whats up guys. Due to time constraints i’m only able to get to the gym 3 days a week. Because of this i’m forced to to a whole body routine. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can work Cressey’s rotator cuff program into the split? I feel as if this area is one of my most glaring weaknesses, and it needs to be adressed a.s.a.p. Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated.

If you have a job where you can sneak away into a private bathroom, buy yourself some dumbells and you can do a quick rotator cuff routine there. You can also do them at night while you’re waiting for dinner to cook. You’re not moving heavy weights so a pair of dumbells and you can fit them in almost anytime. Just find a time when you can sneak them in and do them. You don’t need to be at a gym to do them.

If it’s a glaring weakness, you need to make time instead of finding time. In this case, you could spread the exercises out over three days, if you’d like. Be sure to get a theraband and do some work outside the gym; it’ll make your progress much more apparent quickly.

Feel free to post your split/exercise selection and I’ll help you fit it in.

Good luck!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Here’s the split. I’m still playing around with it so i’m open to suggestions.

Mon
Seated Row
DB Chest Press
Leg Press
Leg Curl
BB Bi Curl
Low Pulley Ext Rot
Crunches
Spinal Ext

Wed
Seated Row
Pushups
Lunges
Leg Curl
Shrugs
Dips
Seated rope pull to neck
Lying DB abduction
Decline situp
Spinal ext

Fri
Deadlift
Seated Row
Leg Press
Cable cross
L Lateral Raise
Cable Tricep Ext
DB Bi Curl
Crunches

I know squats are better than leg presses, but I have some shoulder and neck problems that dont allow me to do them right now, also im not doing any overhead movements at this time so thats why i’m only doing seated rows for back.
Feel free to critique.

Keep in mind that this program is NOT a rehab program; it’s a prehabilitation program. If you have an existing shoulder injury, you need to recognize that and eliminate certain exercises while ironing out imbalances and reducing inflammation. So, is shoulder stability just a weakness, or is it an actual injury?

I have never been diagnosed with an actual injury. My shoulders have always been my weak point. I have been to the doctor and was told that my symptoms are that of someone with a weak rotator cuff. I am more than willing to have other muscle groups take a back seat in order to have health shoulders, if you see that i am doing too much work on a particular muscle group feel free to comment.

It’s just a lot of unnecessary work, especially if you want to specialize. My suggestion? Stick to the basics. In other words, can the direct arm work, cable crossovers, leg curls, shrugs (worthless for you right now), seated rope pull to neck (use face pulls instead; your upper traps don’t need extra work). For your back training, just row until you’re blue in the face; no vertical pulling for a while. I like decline presses for horizontal pressing in your case; they’re easiest on the shoulders. Once the basics are finished in your program, add in tons of rotator cuff, posterior delt, and scapular stability stuff.

Drop me a PM if I can help further.

EC
Mon
Seated Row
DB Chest Press
Leg Press
Leg Curl
BB Bi Curl
Low Pulley Ext Rot
Crunches
Spinal Ext

Wed