T Nation

Rotator Cuff Conundrum

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this week's T-mag to find that Eric Cressey had a feature article. About time, eh?

After reading the article, I spared no time, and promptly went down to my dungeon and gave his RC routine a go. The only piece of equipment I was missing was a floor cable. (So I improvised with a stretch-band.) I banged out the routine in about ten minutes.

Thoughts: For almost a full half hour after doing the routine, my posture was altered - to say the least. I felt like a "human T-square." (I couldn't have slouched If I wanted to!)

Also, If you're a regular guy, (like me), do the Cuban rotation with a bar lighter than the 7ft O-bar and work your way up. I used small bar with 28 lbs for 3 sets of 8. Stick with a bar though; it definitely feels more natural than DB's - at least I think so.

P.S. Peeps, give this routine a go! And, good job, Eric!

I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak at this because of shoulder pain I had and Eric was nice enough to help a Brother out. I have been pain free now for about 6 months. I do the RC work at least once a week.

That Eric, is one righteous dude!