T Nation

Rotating Injection Sites

Hey all,

I'm pinning Test Prop @ .75ml ED and quickly learning that finding good injection sites is a bit tough because of mobility issues, coupled with shaky hands. I've got 5 solid injection sites already but would like to have at least 7 to rotate. Long story short, I wanted to see if it was possible to hit multiple sites in the same muscle. My legs are long and there's plenty of quad muscle - can I hit the vastus lateralus in two spots separated by 4" or more and count that as two sites? Or is the damage done specific to the muscle fiber, and not the location the needle penetrates/oil dissapates into? The first quad injections were about mid thigh so I feel like if I pin more near the top that would be far enough apart to not overlap tissue damage - but I might be totally misguided there.

The same question holds true for other injection sites but I've already found I like the thigh (no mobility issues) and it's a huge area to work with.

Thanks!

From TRT knowledge, injecting into the same muscle at more than one location does not seem to have any issues.

There are local effects from T ester injections and you want to avoid getting one part of a muscle group looking unbalanced.

As for damage, you can use smaller needles. Try #28 1/2" 1.0 ml insulin needles, directly loaded, not back filled. Loading and injecting will take time.

[quote]powerlifter333 wrote:
Hey all,

I’m pinning Test Prop @ .75ml ED and quickly learning that finding good injection sites is a bit tough because of mobility issues, coupled with shaky hands. I’ve got 5 solid injection sites already but would like to have at least 7 to rotate. Long story short, I wanted to see if it was possible to hit multiple sites in the same muscle. My legs are long and there’s plenty of quad muscle - can I hit the vastus lateralus in two spots separated by 4" or more and count that as two sites? Or is the damage done specific to the muscle fiber, and not the location the needle penetrates/oil dissapates into? The first quad injections were about mid thigh so I feel like if I pin more near the top that would be far enough apart to not overlap tissue damage - but I might be totally misguided there.

The same question holds true for other injection sites but I’ve already found I like the thigh (no mobility issues) and it’s a huge area to work with.

Thanks![/quote]

5 sites is fine. Try ventro glute for 2 more.

Thanks guys. I don’t mind the 25 gauge needles at all - in the bigger muscle groups it slips right in like a knife through butter.

At this point I’ve hit left/right bicep, left/right delt, left/right vastus lateralus, right ventroglute and right dorsal glute. All have been pretty easy, biceps were painful but we’ll see if they “broke in” and the second injection is easier. VG is my favorite, thigh in 2nd place.