Rotating Accessory Work?

Hey,

I was just wondering what the forum’s take is on rotating accessory work? How often do you rotate accessory exercises and how many are in your rotation?

I rotate them every 4 weeks and try to keep the rotation to 3 or 4 exercises.

Used to do the same thing. I’d keep the same lifts for 4 weeks then switch. I get bored easy so I am going to switch them out every week.

STB is plenty stronger than I, but I wouldn’t switch just to switch. If it’s in there, it should be b/c it will drive your lift up. If you’re still getting stronger on it, I don’t see why you’d take it out…it’s in there for a reason.

If progress stalls on something, you could swap it out for a close variation that does something similar, or you could figure out why you’ve stalled and fix that. Swapping out something like close-grips for incline db presses doesn’t make much sense to me unless there’s a good reason. That they are different lifts isn’t a good enough reason to me.

I do accessories for two consecutive weeks before rotating.

I’ve done 6 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t seem to matter that much. Progress is made on all of them. Do whatever keeps you the most interested.