RossTraining Compilation

Wanna see what “Functional” looks like…

Ross is THE man…

Awesome vid, Ross is definitely the man.

Thanks for the link ChenZen.

Amazing. Thanks for the link, very motivating

I ordered Full Throttle Conditioning (and the RT beanie!) when it came out-- worth every penny.

His intensity is motivating. The DVD is great and reading material covers much more beyond the DVD.

Those triple claps are crazy. It looks like he uses a certain technique with them (along with years of hard work I’m sure.)

Anybody ever do one of these? Anything special to it besides hard work?

I love his stuff.

To Naphta:
I can do 2 and a half clap pushups.
The trick is pushing yourself high enough and being fast enough to do it.
So basically…it’s all about hard work :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]blazindave wrote:
I love his stuff.

To Naphta:
So basically…it’s all about hard work :P[/quote]

hah, thought so. I do notice he seems to push himself off the ground with a lot more force than I do, so I’m just going to keep working.

Ross is a beast. That deadlift was sick.

Damn company blocks youtube.

[quote]Naphta wrote:
Those triple claps are crazy. It looks like he uses a certain technique with them (along with years of hard work I’m sure.)

Anybody ever do one of these? Anything special to it besides hard work?[/quote]

The toughest clap pushup I ever tried was a double clap. The first clap was behind the back, the second was in front of the chest. Never accomplished it successfully but I did learn to fall on my face without breaking my nose. The guy who challenged me to do them was of course a gymnast(nearly an olympic caliber one at that).

The guy is a freaking beast. His websites are great, materials are great, lots of great DIY ides for workout equipment.

I can’t say enough good things about him.

That DL was without ANY DL’ing at all and was done on a bet with one of his forum members. it was 2xBW + a bit more.

I’m more impressed by the single hand standing ab wheel.

I don’t know why people keep trying to act like Ross doesn’t deadlift. He said he hadn’t deadlifted in a while, not never deadlifted before. Once you get there long as your training your strength, it’s not going to go away.

I always see clips of all these strenght feats, but has he ever done anything competition wise with all of this athletic training? strong man, mma, anything?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

I don’t know why people keep trying to act like Ross doesn’t deadlift. He said he hadn’t deadlifted in a while, not never deadlifted before. Once you get there long as your training your strength, it’s not going to go away.

I always see clips of all these strenght feats, but has he ever done anything competition wise with all of this athletic training? strong man, mma, anything?[/quote]

I think he used to be a boxer but had to retire because he kept breaking his hand.

Yea he posts something about breaking his hand in one of his articles…i think it’s the latest one about patience.
A pity because he seems to be a real machine in all senses of the word.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

I always see clips of all these strenght feats, but has he ever done anything competition wise with all of this athletic training? strong man, mma, anything?[/quote]

The deadlift in question was in response to a challenge by some forum 'tard on his website. Quite amusing too… some guy said that Ross couldn’t deadlift 400 or something and he beat that comfortably by around 100 lbs. He does explicitly state he doesn’t deadlift as a normal part of his training, although I’m sure he’s trained the exercise before.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
I love his stuff.

To Naphta:
So basically…it’s all about hard work :P[/quote]

2 and a half?

Whats that?

1…2…faceplant :wink:

[quote]OMC wrote:
blazindave wrote:
I love his stuff.

To Naphta:
So basically…it’s all about hard work :stuck_out_tongue:

2 and a half?

Whats that?

1…2…faceplant :wink:

[/quote]

It means my hands get close for the 3rd clap but not close enough.
If i’m not tired then:
I do a 2 clap pushup ending with my hands close together (landing)

If i am tired then faceplant is a given :stuck_out_tongue:

And he hates cheesecake!

A lot of great ideas in that video. Very intense and motivational!

[quote]Naphta wrote:

Anybody ever do one of these? Anything special to it besides hard work?[/quote]

I showed Ross doing triple claps to a friend of mine and he said that Ross pikes his hips up a little bit when he does it. So Ross’s body isn’t straight like when you do a normal push-up. He also said being explosive doesn’t hurt either.