T Nation

Ross Enamait's Programs

Anyone here use Ross Enamait’s programs? What have your results been like (muscle gain, fat loss, strength, etc.)? I’m considering buying Infinite Intensity, but since I am training for aesthetics rather than athletics, I was wondering if I would be better served with something more bodybuilding oriented.

Also, how much lifting is in this program? I would rather do more lifting and less conditioning than vice versa. Or does he provide enough info to customize?

Ross is a stand-up guy with outstanding customer support. Infinite Intensity is a steal. If you don’t have the stomach for real conditioning it may be a waste, but even so I can’t turn anyone away from the book. It should be considered a bible for combat sports supplemental training.

My primary goal is aesthetics, but I certainly would like to have a body built not just for show, but also for go. I was thinking “train like Ross, look like Ross.”

Granted, I may replace some conditioning with some lifting, should I buy this.

[quote]DrVonNostrand wrote:
Ross is a stand-up guy with outstanding customer support. Infinite Intensity is a steal. If you don’t have the stomach for real conditioning it may be a waste, but even so I can’t turn anyone away from the book. It should be considered a bible for combat sports supplemental training.[/quote]

You said “supplemental”
training for combat sport. What do you think should “primary” training for combat sport then. And do you have reference to article or good book we could buy on the subject?

Thanks
Neo

[quote]neoplasme wrote:

You said “supplemental”
training for combat sport. What do you think should “primary” training for combat sport then.[/quote]

How about training your sport.

I haven’t bought his program, but I do love to watch the videos on his website to rev me up before I do my HIIT cardio, which I attempt to do with similar intensity.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
neoplasme wrote:

You said “supplemental”
training for combat sport. What do you think should “primary” training for combat sport then.

How about training your sport.
[/quote]

Correct.

I don’t have either of Ross’s books, but I incorporate his conditioning workouts into my weekly training. If hypertrophy is your main goal, I’m not sure Infinite Intensity would be your best choice. Ross’s programs are focused primarily on strength endurance. He’s alluded to this on his forum.

I would not put Ross’s workouts into the ‘HIIT’ category at all. ‘HIIT’ incorporates planned, albeit, brief, periods of rest. Ross’s programs are flat out balls to the wall with very minimal or no rest between intervals/circuits.

Personally, although taxing, I had become ‘comfortable’ running sprint intervals…100m, 200m and 400m. Once I began, Ross’s programs, I realized that I was not as well-conditioned as I thought I was. His programs really test your limits…both physically and mentally. I love them…although I won’t be saying that at 6:00 a.m tomorrow morning.