T Nation

Ronnie Interview

Ronnie seems like a nice guy

[quote]n3wb wrote:

Ronnie seems like a nice guy[/quote]

He really always has come across that way.

Great interview!

When I saw how long it was, I didn’t think I’d finish it all, but I did.

He’s really a class act.

At 20:30 - 20:45 in the interview Ronnie gives the most integral advice to lifting big and heavy.

Thats my BOY

That is one very genuine human being. And I bet he’ll be back with a vengeance.

hes seems like a great guy.(HE WAS ROBBED DAMNIT).

[quote]NCTrey133 wrote:
At 20:30 - 20:45 in the interview Ronnie gives the most integral advice to lifting big and heavy.[/quote]

LOL

In the next few days we’ll hear about one of those “judgemental” people at 24 hour fitness who saw the interview try it out!

[quote]John S. wrote:
hes seems like a great guy.(HE WAS ROBBED DAMNIT).[/quote]

He is a great guy. He is genuine, down to earth, trains the house down, and he’s funny as sh*t. But he was off at the Olympia, and Cutler was dialed in.

What really got into my head was his “precontest” nutrition:

12 oz chicken 3 times a day
12 oz steak 2 times a day
2~3 protein shakes

Plus

8 oz baked potatoe x times a day
1 cup rice x times a day

Now that is some good eating.

Get one of his movies. They are awesome even if you don’t like bodybuilding.

I like how he mentions he doesn’t eat things like pizza often because he doesn’t want to walk around being too fat in the off season.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
I like how he mentions he doesn’t eat things like pizza often because he doesn’t want to walk around being too fat in the off season.[/quote]

That dude is a pure freak. No one else would be able to get to over 300lbs no matter what they did at only 6% body fat like he claims in the off season.

I read some where that he dosent take steroids just growth hormone any one know about that?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:
I like how he mentions he doesn’t eat things like pizza often because he doesn’t want to walk around being too fat in the off season.

That dude is a pure freak. No one else would be able to get to over 300lbs no matter what they did at only 6% body fat like he claims in the off season. [/quote]

I agree, but I’m sure oily baked dough with melted cheese wouldn’t help anyone’s physique very much no matter what their goal is unless their metabolism is out of control high.

I think a lot of guys make bulking their excuse to pig out a bit when, even though it might not hurt much, they should at least admit that they’re doing it for taste and not to benefit their physique or strength goals. Over-eating better quality foods would be a better idea if they’re looking for extra calories IMO.

I think having a guy say something like that, who’s in a roll-model position like Ronnie is, helps a little.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:
I like how he mentions he doesn’t eat things like pizza often because he doesn’t want to walk around being too fat in the off season.

That dude is a pure freak. No one else would be able to get to over 300lbs no matter what they did at only 6% body fat like he claims in the off season.

I agree, but I’m sure oily baked dough with melted cheese wouldn’t help anyone’s physique very much no matter what their goal is unless their metabolism is out of control high.

I think a lot of guys make bulking their excuse to pig out a bit when, even though it might not hurt much, they should at least admit that they’re doing it for taste and not to benefit their physique or strength goals. Over-eating better quality foods would be a better idea if they’re looking for extra calories IMO.

I think having a guy say something like that, who’s in a roll-model position like Ronnie is, helps a little.[/quote]

…and I think many guys bulk up because it helps to build muscle mass as well. Why act as if that isn’t the case when many who gain more weight in the off season are the ones who make the most progress from one contest to the next? I mean, great, he said he doesn’t eat pizza. Dexter Jackson has said he does. Neither of them gain much body fat in the off season so what is it you have against pizza?

I may eat a pizza once every month or less but I am not quite getting what your point is. If it is about bulking up, pizza has little to do with it.

I posted a pic of Lionel Brown in the Bodybuilding picture thread. Not only did he bulk up last year, but he did better in his contest this year after dieting down with the added muscle size. So why shouldn’t he have done so again?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

…and I think many guys bulk up because it helps to build muscle mass as well. Why act as if that isn’t the case when many who gain more weight in the off season are the ones who make the most progress from one contest to the next? I mean, great, he said he doesn’t eat pizza. Dexter Jackson has said he does. Neither of them gain much body fat in the off season so what is it you have against pizza?

I may eat a pizza once every month or less but I am not quite getting what your point is. If it is about bulking up, pizza has little to do with it.

I posted a pic of Lionel Brown in the Bodybuilding picture thread. Not only did he bulk up last year, but he did better in his contest this year after dieting down with the added muscle size. So why shouldn’t he have done so again?[/quote]

Did you read everything I typed?

Eating 500 extra calories of pizza might not be AS GOOD AS eating 500 extra calories of sweet potatoes, olive oil and lean beef with the same macro nutrient split.

That’s all.

If someone chooses pizza over that, fine. I just don’t like it when some people act like there were no better options, and would prefer if they admit that it was for taste or convenience. It might not hurt progress much, but there are better foods than the over processed, nutrient lacking pizza.

I didn’t mean to hit a sore spot. I’m not saying you didn’t reach great progress while eating pizza.

I’ve eaten two whole large pizzas in the last two nights.

Pizza for the win.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

…and I think many guys bulk up because it helps to build muscle mass as well. Why act as if that isn’t the case when many who gain more weight in the off season are the ones who make the most progress from one contest to the next? I mean, great, he said he doesn’t eat pizza. Dexter Jackson has said he does. Neither of them gain much body fat in the off season so what is it you have against pizza?

I may eat a pizza once every month or less but I am not quite getting what your point is. If it is about bulking up, pizza has little to do with it.

I posted a pic of Lionel Brown in the Bodybuilding picture thread. Not only did he bulk up last year, but he did better in his contest this year after dieting down with the added muscle size. So why shouldn’t he have done so again?

Did you read everything I typed?

Eating 500 extra calories of pizza might not be AS GOOD AS eating 500 extra calories of sweet potatoes, olive oil and lean beef with the same macro nutrient split.

That’s all.

If someone chooses pizza over that, fine. I just don’t like it when some people act like there were no better options, and would prefer if they admit that it was for taste or convenience. It might not hurt progress much, but there are better foods than the over processed, nutrient lacking pizza.

I didn’t mean to hit a sore spot. I’m not saying you didn’t reach great progress while eating pizza.[/quote]

But…who is saying that pizza should be the base of anyone’s diet? Please quit acting like your diet is so perfect that we should all look up to your glorious example.

This is bodybuilding. It doesn’t really matter if you haven’t had a cheat meal since 1982 if there are people passing up your progress who have an occasional hand tossed pepperoni from Pizza Hut.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
I’ve eaten two whole large pizzas in the last two nights.

Pizza for the win.[/quote]

I was eating leftover tomato pie as I typed my last post…

[quote]n3wb wrote:
I read some where that he dosent take steroids just growth hormone any one know about that?[/quote]

lol yeah whatever.