T Nation

Ronnie got beaten

Saturday, November 9, 2002 Ronnie Coleman got beaten for the first time in 5 years by Gunter Schlierkamp at the 2002 Show Of Strength. Is Ronnie “pass?”? Will he lose his Olympia crown this year? Many people believe so, because lately he is nowhere near his top-shape and should have been beaten by Jay Cutler in 2001.

Who will be the new king of gay fetish objects! Oh, the drama!!!

Ha! It’s funny! Only on T-mag would bodybuilding news be on the “off topic” forums!

Wait a minute. There’s a bodybuilding contest calle Show of Strength??

Yeah it’s GNC’s attempt at an Arnold. It went down in New Orleans and had a bunch of other stuff (strength, amateur wrestling…)

Ya he def is not in top shape no more. I mean what is the sense of adding say a inch to every bodypart when u add like 3 inchs to ur gut!! Come on man u look a fucking pregnant mom.

What a bullshit descision that was. I saw the pictures and how anybody can rate gunther ahead of ronnie is beyond me. It was just to add a bit of life to bodybuilding i think. Since this is the first show of strength show i think they wanted to kick off with a bang.
That’s obvious.
Mike, actually the size of ronnies stomach has gone down since last year. His best condition was definately in 1998 and 1999. He looked unbelievable in those years.