Ronnie Doing Stones!!!

[quote]Andy Shelton wrote:
Looks to be an 18 or 20 inch(diameter stone). It probably weights between 240 and 340 depending.[/quote]

If that is a 20" stone then Mr. Olympia has 10" arms…

[quote]Andy Shelton wrote:
Looks to be an 18 or 20 inch(diameter stone). It probably weights between 240 and 340 depending.[/quote]

It looks too small to be a 20" diameter stone to me. I could be wrong though. It is also strange that his forearms aren’t touching the stone for lifting it, as it would be very unusual to lift a stone (especially a 20" diameter 240-320lbs) with just the hands. I’m not sure how many competitive strongmen could do that, but I’d daresay even the Stoneman would have a hard time with it.

Regards,

Sensless

Ronnie has 23" biceps, those stones are not smaller than his arms those look to be about 30"

[quote]sensless wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:
Looks to be an 18 or 20 inch(diameter stone). It probably weights between 240 and 340 depending.

It looks too small to be a 20" diameter stone to me. I could be wrong though. It is also strange that his forearms aren’t touching the stone for lifting it, as it would be very unusual to lift a stone (especially a 20" diameter 240-320lbs) with just the hands. I’m not sure how many competitive strongmen could do that, but I’d daresay even the Stoneman would have a hard time with it.

Regards,

Sensless

[/quote]

I think the stone is resting on his quads in that first picture hence he is able to just use his hands, but unless he is Super-Ronnie, I think you are right, he didn’t lift it off the floor with just his hands.

If you go to Jesse Marunde’s forum you can read a bunch of panicky strongman try to discredit those photos.

It’s funny-sad.

Ronnie is crazy strong, deal with it.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:
Ronnie has 23" biceps, those stones are not smaller than his arms those look to be about 30"[/quote]

Agreed. I don’t think some here understand just how big Ronnie is. It isn’t like he’s a midget. After seeing his DVD’s, I am not surprised if he holding it in that pic with his hands. If anyone in bodybuilding today is the real deal, he is. The amount of weight he lifts daily would put many powerlifters to shame.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:
Ronnie has 23" biceps, those stones are not smaller than his arms those look to be about 30"[/quote]

Biceps are measured via circumference.
I believe the stones are measured via diameter. Hence the reason that these could easily be 20 inchers.

[quote]JohnnyNinja wrote:
sensless wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:
Looks to be an 18 or 20 inch(diameter stone). It probably weights between 240 and 340 depending.

Regards,

Sensless

I think the stone is resting on his quads in that first picture hence he is able to just use his hands, but unless he is Super-Ronnie, I think you are right, he didn’t lift it off the floor with just his hands.
[/quote]

you can see by his hand placement in the first one that he rolls it up his torso then push presses it, just like all the other strongmen

[quote]X-Factor wrote:

Ronnie has 23" diameter biceps? Or are you saying the stone is 30" in circumference, in which case it would be about 10" in diameter (about the size of a basketball)?

They said he was doing isometric training or something.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
these were posted on another site, thought I’d share[/quote]

Christ! Where’s he going with that thing? Looks like he’s about to do a layup…

[quote]Phatshady912 wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:

If that is a 20" stone then Mr. Olympia has 10" arms…[/quote]

diameter(across) not circumference(around)

If I see Ronnie competing in World’s Strongest Man I’d flip out. I wonder if that’s his next step. One can only dream.

Thas some crazy fuckin shit!

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
If you go to Jesse Marunde’s forum you can read a bunch of panicky strongman try to discredit those photos.

It’s funny-sad.

Ronnie is crazy strong, deal with it.[/quote]

Wow,

Interesting forum. I cant believe someone who cant squat all the barrells on the WSM smith machine would talk shit on Ronnie. Ronnie is the real deal, like him or hate him, and is stronger than 85% of the strongmen out there.

[quote]beastblob wrote:
Phatshady912 wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:

diameter(across) not circumference(around)[/quote]

If that is a 20" stone then Mr. Olympia has 6.366" arms… circumference = dia x 3.1416

[quote]beastblob wrote:
Phatshady912 wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:

diameter(across) not circumference(around)[/quote]

THANK YOU, damn some of you guys need some remedial math. Ronnies arms are 23 (at least) in circumference not diameter. A 20 inch diameter stone would be approx (using 3.14 for PI) 62.8 inches in circumference, ronnies arm being say 23 inches in circumference would be ( if they were perfectly round which the arm is not but regardless) 23/3.14 = 7.32 inches in diameter.

to be honest i can see this as a smart career move for ronnie once he finishes competing in BBing

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:
Jesus Christ…[/quote]

My words exactly.

[quote]morepain wrote:
beastblob wrote:
Phatshady912 wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:

diameter(across) not circumference(around)

THANK YOU, damn some of you guys need some remedial math. Ronnies arms are 23 (at least) in circumference not diameter. A 20 inch diameter stone would be approx (using 3.14 for PI) 62.8 inches in circumference, ronnies arm being say 23 inches in circumference would be ( if they were perfectly round which the arm is not but regardless) 23/3.14 = 7.32 inches in diameter.
[/quote]

shocking wasn’t it…