T Nation

Ronnie Coleman's Real Cycle

This guy on youtube is claiming that Ronnie told a friend what he had been taking throughout his bodybuilding career and that it ended up being leaked onto the internet. Of course he said all of this in a video on youtube so take it with a grain of salt. One of Ronnie’s friends leaked his cycle history? Sounds sketchy but it was worth a look.

1500 mg test/week
400 mg deca/week
6 iu gh/day
20 IU insulin/post workout

The claim states that he is on this ALL year, no time off.

Precontest:

50 mg winstrol/day
20 mg halotestin/day
75 mcg T3/day

I’m assuming this is in addition to the above protocol.

What do you guys think, have any merit for a man of that size?

sketchy indeed…

But I read somewhere that Lee Priest only does one 8 week cycle a year of Test and Deca, which sounds just as sketchy to me.

thats a lot of man juice

[quote]tveddy wrote:
thats a lot of man juice
[/quote]

I actually would expect more, the amount of insulin is pretty insane but I certainly would expect more than 1.9g’s of AAS in his off season usage.

Edit: I completely forgot that this would be a 52 week cycle though, nvm! haha

Not at all unreasonable in any regard (depending on individual tolerance to GH – for some that would be too much but certainly not for all.)

Same note on individual tolerance for insulin: no one should try 20 IU right off the bat.

For many the T3 would be a little into the muscle-eating category at that dose, but at his bodyweight, quite likely not. Per lb that would be a quite reasonable dose. Though I don’t know there’s a strict bodyweight relationship – actually probably not – likely as a rough guideline that may be a reasonable way to look at it.

I kinda hope that it is true. It will simply prove that the pros get to where they are because of diet work ethic and genetics. I get the feeling that too many people think that all the top guys are using boatloads of everything. That doesn’t mean that some aren’t using a lot more though.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I kinda hope that it is true. It will simply prove that the pros get to where they are because of diet work ethic and genetics. I get the feeling that too many people think that all the top guys are using boatloads of everything. That doesn’t mean that some aren’t using a lot more though. [/quote]

Yah I agree with you. Except the fact that it’s a year round thing.

You want to go pro? Forget about ever having kids…

Kind of sucks. That’s the one thing that really bothers me. I don’t see how you will not be sterile if you stay on for years at a time.

I wish someone on here would give this cycle a 12 week run or something and see how it works, obviously reducing the insulin and gh as BR mentioned.

Yes, there’s no reason at all for it to be unbelievable or unlikely that he uses “that little.”

If it is in fact accurate it is a testimony also to his handling this intelligently.

While for most people being on year-round is not going to work out to be the best choice for their life, the fact is, this is this man’s career at which he has succeeded in making a fine living.

His doses seem to me neither needlessly high nor compromisingly low. And as you say, his genetics and work are the real differences that got him where he is.

Hadn’t seen waylanderxx’s post.

No, it’s still possible to have kids while doing this. Though if he never used HCG he would have the problem you point out.

As for someone doing the same, or the same but with less GH and insulin than that:

Lots of people have done this much – and not gotten results like that.

Even in my own case, but for the GH – as I cannot tolerate more than 2 IU per day – I’ve done as much steroids as that, as much insulin, and most likely as many hours in the gym per week as hard and well as I could and needless to say have never been confused with Ronnie. As a matter of fact, I’d never be confused with how Coleman would have turned out with same work ethic and dedication and no drugs whatsoever. Just as one example.

It’s the genetics, not the drugs as the key difference.

Getting past a gram per week is really getting into diminishing returns. At high levels of competition small added returns are worthwhile, but it shouldn’t be assumed that drastically superior physiques happen with two g/week versus one.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Hadn’t seen waylanderxx’s post.

No, it’s still possible to have kids while doing this. Though if he never used HCG he would have the problem you point out.[/quote]

So the use of HCG during your cycle is what causes sterility, not staying on synthetic testosterone indefinitely?

Since test shuts you down I thought the “use it or lose it” principle applied here?

you are saying an individual can stay on cycle for extended periods, even years at a time and remain fertile that would make me feel better.

Extended periods of the testes not being stimulated by either LH or HCG results in both their atrophy and non-production of sperm, and eventually it may be the case to be impossible to restore it. Though in cases of ordinary infertility from low LH production, that has often been reversed with HCG or sometimes even letrozole (via increasing LH) even after years of that being the case, so I don’t know that it’s impossible after years of continuous steroid use. But it would be smarter to not let things get that bad in the first place, which HCH use will prevent.

By the way, while I don’t know if this is relevant as I don’t know what his durations of use were, Lee Labrada said in an interview once that one of his children was conceived the night of his finishing 2nd (I think) in one of the Olympias. He didn’t mention HCG but I would figure he had used it.

Ok so note to self, if I want to run a long cycle, use HCG, thank ya sir.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Waylander-Ronnie just had another kid like less than a year ago… :wink:

and…

I don’t know any pro’s…but I do know quite a few top amateurs…and ppl who know pro’s and know what they are doing.

They take the same stuff as the average person give or take a little here and there just like Coleman’s Slin use up there.

It’s mainly genetics and years of lifting.

For Example…Show me one person who juices for 10+ years properly… and with the intention of bodybuilding… and even with sub par genetics… I bet you they are still quite a bit bigger than your avg dood.

Another thing to look at is…what average joe is taking 3-4 AAS at a time + insulin + HGH…shouldn’t that be enough? why do people always have to assume that Pro’s MUST be taking 6g of gear a week to look the way they do…

idk sorry for the half rant…I just get tired of seeing it when I’m half ass into the bodybuilding circle and I know more ppl than not who just use your avg type stuff…

Biggest cycle I’ve seen from somebody who I personally know… was god knows how much GH/Slin but Test 1.5g a week, Drol 100mg ED, Tren 75mg ED, Proviron 50mg ED…now thats a LOT of stuff…but definitely possible for somebody probably 270+lbs and 10-12% bf if I were guessing…probably knocking on a pro card if he ever gets his ass back on stage lol

well thats my .02 FWIW…

FWIW, on another reputable site (not a forum), a guy with a 2375lb powerlifting total (shouldn’t be TOO hard to figure out, but I’m not gonna throw his name around), said that he thinks the infertility is BS. He claims he had been on forever and got his wife pregnant WHILE on.

[quote]drew.haynes wrote:
FWIW, on another reputable site (not a forum), a guy with a 2375lb powerlifting total (shouldn’t be TOO hard to figure out, but I’m not gonna throw his name around), said that he thinks the infertility is BS. He claims he had been on forever and got his wife pregnant WHILE on.[/quote]

it does decrease your sperm count.

That is not really up for debate.

But decrease and eliminate are not the same thing.

To be honest I was expecting more deca.

And I was expecting something like masterone precontest.

But the test was about where I thought it would be.

Hormones aren’t magic, they signal the body to grow, they cant actually slab proteins on by themselves.

The body is limited in how much it can produce, no matter how much you tell it to make.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

sorry if this is a stupid newb question, but all the pics and videos of pro bodybuilders, how come they dont have horrible acne??