Ronnie Coleman DL Video

the weight is impressive but damn the form was a little shaky as far as him leaning back like that. I had to comment on that for those who see the vid and think that was a good and proper deadlift. The bouncing is also dumb. I’d rather had seen him reset and maybe switch grips and pull another rep. laters pk

Great video, thanks for posting the link. One question though, what the fuck is the guy doing behind him? Is he suppose to motivate Coleman? Or was he supposet to SPOT him? Just another lackey that wants to be in the video.

Angry Vader…I do the same thing…especially on leg day…watching that video and a few cups of java always gets me psyched!

oriensus…that guy in the bakground is Brian Dobson…owner of Metroflex where Ronnie trains. The story is he got Ronnie into bodybuilding comping him af ree membership and supplements till he could afford his own. So no,not just some lackey!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Original_Demon wrote:
I’m going to eat another 800 calorie meal right now!!!

Light weight…baby.[/quote]

HAHAHAH

Prof X, what a dick.
…funny stuff man

His voice reminds me of damon wayans from major paine. Funny shit.

Thats pretty fuckin impressive though.

Anyone else here scream a bunch of times before they go for a deadlift?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Anyone else here scream a bunch of times before they go for a deadlift?[/quote]

We were much more vocal when I was training more like a powerlifter. It just helped us stay focused. I never did the shit he does though. His training video is funny as hell just because of that, not to mention the weights he is moving. Most training videos I have seen are so boring that you can barely watch them. His aren’t. For someone over 40, he attacks each gym session like he’s having the time of his life.

His voice, sayings and mannerisms are hilarious. He’s lifting 800 pounds and making it seem like a comedy sketch or something.

I came across a video of Ronnie Coleman pushing out 12 reps of 200 pound dumbells on a flat bench. It’s ridiculous the ease in which he does it. If i can figure out how to put the video on here, I will. He’s a monster.

His latest video (Cost of Redemption) also shows him doing 800 pounds on Squat for 2…with a close stance squat.

Right after he does legpress with 2250 (plus the sled 2250+) for 8…

[quote]pkradgreek wrote:
the weight is impressive but damn the form was a little shaky as far as him leaning back like that. I had to comment on that for those who see the vid and think that was a good and proper deadlift. The bouncing is also dumb. I’d rather had seen him reset and maybe switch grips and pull another rep. laters pk[/quote]

Its always been my understanding that the “lean back” at the top of a deadlift indicates that you’re actually “pulling” the weight instead of simply picking it up and that you’re using the proper DL muscles (glutes, hams, low back, lats). And if you think about that from strictly a physiological standpoint, if you’re simply standing relaxed and you contract the primary muscles in your posterior chain, then your body will arch back like that. Remember, muscles only pull - they don’t push.

Anyways, I didn’t know that Ronnie was over 40!!?? That shits crazy.

He’s using gloves, straps and a belt, pussy!

It’s 4am over here. I was so tired, and just about to go to sleep. Then I watch this, and BAM… why isn’t there any gym open at this time of the day???

Allso, I always for some reason imagined him having some really low frequent and powerfull voice, making my blood freeze upon it’s hearing.

I also thought he sounded like Damon Wayans.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Anyone else here scream a bunch of times before they go for a deadlift?

We were much more vocal when I was training more like a powerlifter. It just helped us stay focused. I never did the shit he does though. His training video is funny as hell just because of that, not to mention the weights he is moving. Most training videos I have seen are so boring that you can barely watch them. His aren’t. For someone over 40, he attacks each gym session like he’s having the time of his life.[/quote]

Saw a Dorian Yates video, Dorians training partner was intense thick accent, voice sounded like he’d been smokin pall malls since he was 8,screaming and yelling.

Got friends who spend there time on cell phones will their training partner does his set. Video would have been boring otherwise.

This is as funny as it is impressive!! Ronnie is one strong mofo!!

I can’t imagine having a training partner that yelled like that. Of course if my training partner could deadlift 800+ lbs I would learn to get used to the craziness.

[quote]Walking_Tall wrote:
oriensus…that guy in the bakground is Brian Dobson…owner of Metroflex where Ronnie trains. The story is he got Ronnie into bodybuilding comping him af ree membership and supplements till he could afford his own. So no,not just some lackey![/quote]

Walking_Tall, thanks for the info. I guess Dobson’s “investment” paid off. Now he has the biggest and baddest Mr. Olympia training at his gym. I would love to see Haney, Yates and Coleman juice to the gill and have a showdown. Mmm…Wonder how Arnold would look with all the right “tools”.

I do have to agree, some of these bodybuilding vids are quite boring. Now I am have only seen a few, but, so far Ronnies’ videos have been pretty entertaining.

I got my hands on a copy of a Jay Cutler vid, and was sleeping twenty minutes into it.

I will say though, Pumping Iron NEVER gets old!

In the Unbelievable video, they show Ronnie working (police officer). And this one time he makes a domestic disturbance call. Dude, if I had a cop that looked like him walk into my house, I’d fuckin piss myself.

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
In the Unbelievable video, they show Ronnie working (police officer). And this one time he makes a domestic disturbance call. Dude, if I had a cop that looked like him walk into my house, I’d fuckin piss myself.[/quote]

Did you see how quickly the “disturbance” calmed down though? The camera man may have had something to do with it, but the kid didn’t seem to be causing anymore problems the moment he walked in the door. I think if more cops got serious about training, it would diffuse at least some situations before they ever got out of hand.

Most of the cops around the area I am currently in look like their job is to collect free food from every local establishment. I don’t understand having a job like that yet looking like “Norm” from Cheers.

So much for the old attitude that bodybuilders can’t hang with powerlifters. I wish they wouldn’t wear the gay underwear-lookin things. I’ll bet that if they gave up the stupid looking briefs for competition, the sport would have a lot more exposure and credibility… well maybe.